GDT: RagCar

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
It takes more “balls” not to pull him to be honest. The easy thing to do is yank him. And Skinner would make a ****ty captain BTW. JStaal alone would be fine.

And calling Brind’amour a cancer when he’s got zero to do with goaltending decisions was a nice touch.

Skinner may very well make a shit Captain. I was thinking more along the lines of Williams- he would kick off in their ass between periods.

What I'm talking about goes deeper than what guy is in charge of the goalie or whatever. This team has had a culture of defeatism that has pervaded it since the inexplicable collapse during the 2009-2010 season, where before it was the "Cardiac Canes" that had no problem whatsoever when things were on the line.

We've seen 3 different coaches and many different rosters during that time frame- all with the same general problems- a lack of confidence in all aspects of the game and a mental and physical weakness when faced with adversity- while playing with the lead, playing while trailing, or God forbid- in overtime or shootouts.

In the military- the commander is responsible for performance, reguardless. But commanders are usually in and out in a couple of years and have little to do with the overall command environment that is comprised of the Sergeant Majors and civilian GS-15s who are in their positions for years and years

When a unit is deficient- it is often a result of the overall command team. After a long stretch of different coaches, GMs, and players with shockingly similar results, I can only conclude that the core of the leadership team- Brindamore, Freisen, the goalie coaches, the cheap and uninterested owner, etc, are at the heart of the problem.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Skinner may very well make a **** Captain. I was thinking more along the lines of Williams- he would kick off in their ass between periods.

What I'm talking about goes deeper than what guy is in charge of the goalie or whatever. This team has had a culture of defeatism that has pervaded it since the inexplicable collapse during the 2009-2010 season, where before it was the "Cardiac Canes" that had no problem whatsoever when things were on the line.

We've seen 3 different coaches and many different rosters during that time frame- all with the same general problems- a lack of confidence in all aspects of the game and a mental and physical weakness when faced with adversity- while playing with the lead, playing while trailing, or God forbid- in overtime or shootouts.

In the military- the commander is responsible for performance, reguardless. But commanders are usually in and out in a couple of years and have little to do with the overall command environment that is comprised of the Sergeant Majors and civilian GS-15s who are in their positions for years and years

When a unit is deficient- it is often a result of the overall command team. After a long stretch of different coaches, GMs, and players with shockingly similar results, I can only conclude that the core of the leadership team- Brindamore, Freisen, the goalie coaches, the cheap and uninterested owner, etc, are at the heart of the problem.

Freisen is gone, the goalie coaches are new. The cheap and uninterested owner is a fine criticism. He’s a major reason why they aren’t over the top. That said, they are coming off points in 7 of 8 games. It’s not like they are on some kind of deficient suck fest recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->