Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwOOsh*

Anyone have any videos of Radulov? He is quite the interesting player and his stock is skyrocketing right now, I wouldn't mind seeing the Caps move up and pick him :D I know we need defense, but having a dynamic offense would be awesome. Also if you have info about Radulov please post away, I'm listening ;)

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
All I know that Alexander is the brother of Igor Radulov of the Blackhawks, and that Alexander is better than his older brother.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
SwOOsh said:
Anyone have any videos of Radulov? He is quite the interesting player and his stock is skyrocketing right now, I wouldn't mind seeing the Caps move up and pick him :D I know we need defense, but having a dynamic offense would be awesome. Also if you have info about Radulov please post away, I'm listening ;)

So Ovechkin isnt good enough for your offense eh, let the Penguins trade up and get Radulov ;)

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
By looking at the mock drafts, everyone seems to think that he will still be around when the Oilers make their first pick at 14........

I hope that's true, but does no one think his play of late will put him higher up the chart than that???

Here's an article by McKeen's that suggests he might possibly go to the Hawks THIRD OVERALL....

McKeen's Hockey said:
"Frankly, with the Hawks selecting third and Ovechkin and Malkin likely gone by then, I don't see why not," says our scout, "at the very worst they'll give him a long look. I'd love to see three Russians go 1-2-3."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040417/nhl_draft-mck.html (at the bottom)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
He seems to be like Pierre-Marc Bouchard minus the size problems.

Half the mocks had Bouchard being a top 10 talent(going as high as fifth) and half had him going very late in the first round.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
steblick said:
Redline has him top 5 too. Most HF board posters tend to be a little behind the trends.

I would be surprised if he was picked in the top 10, let alone the top 5. The guy has the skill to one day become a Franchise type guy, but he also brings a bit of baggage with him. Hes not as much of a sure thing as some of the other guys are. Hes for one thing, a very streaky player. He also has been playing for Dynamo's junior team, hes no longer in the top league anymore. His size shouldnt really be a problem. He should top out at maybe 6'2, and hopefully around 200 lbs. McKeens has him at 175lb right now, so he has some bulking up to do. Another problem with him, is that he kinda plays a laid back type style. Something that the scouts are going to notice. The guy is more of a Boom or Bust type prospect.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I've heard rumors that he doesn't get along with too many of his coaches, and that some tournaments he dominates, others he sulks. And that he's a below-average skater.

I've also heard he's got craploads of talent.

None of this answered the original question.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
I've heard rumors that he doesn't get along with too many of his coaches, and that some tournaments he dominates, others he sulks. And that he's a below-average skater.

I've also heard he's got craploads of talent.

None of this answered the original question.

Other then the skating your bang on. I heard that he is a good skater. Hes kind of a selfish player at times and can be extremely lazy, which really pisses off his coach's. Hes had comparisons to Mogilny, who experience similiar type things when he was developing before he defected in 89.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Radulov is an excellent skater- has all the gears, very shifty. It's Voloshenko on that line who is merely an average skater. Radulov plays with a lot of emotion which sometimes gets him into trouble but it also helps to make him very very dynamic. He plays as if he really loves the game, very passionate- I can't call that "baggage".
Top 8 for me.

Hoot

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
steblick, what is your take on Tukonen versus Radulov in terms of skill, upside and impact for example?

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Hoot said:
steblick, what is your take on Tukonen versus Radulov in terms of skill, upside and impact for example?

At this point Tukonen looks more like the consummate pro. He's more consistent and has a good balance of the finesse and physical games. I like his poise and mental toughness- he's a pretty complete player who simply seems older (certainly physically so) than his peers.

Radulov is flashier, more dynamic but far less disciplined. He also has more filling out to do physically. He has great hockey instincts but doesn't always play a 'mature' game as of yet.

I'd go with Tukonen but I wouldn't be surprised if Radulov eventually becomes one of the big names out of this draft- but he has more 'boom-or-bust' potential.

Hoot

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
steblick said:
At this point Tukonen looks more like the consummate pro. He's more consistent and has a good balance of the finesse and physical games. I like his poise and mental toughness- he's a pretty complete player who simply seems older (certainly physically so) than his peers.

Radulov is flashier, more dynamic but far less disciplined. He also has more filling out to do physically. He has great hockey instincts but doesn't always play a 'mature' game as of yet.

I'd go with Tukonen but I wouldn't be surprised if Radulov eventually becomes one of the big names out of this draft- but he has more 'boom-or-bust' potential.

Thanks steblick, that's almost exactly my take on them. Right now I have Tukonen fifth, as do many other Coyote fans on this board. Radulov's elite skills are intriguing though.

How far apart would you say that Tukonen's and Radulov's offensive skills are?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hoot said:
Thanks steblick, that's almost exactly my take on them. Right now I have Tukonen fifth, as do many other Coyote fans on this board. Radulov's elite skills are intriguing though.

How far apart would you say that Tukonen's and Radulov's offensive skills are?

I think we are all starting to coalesce around the proper ranking of the top guys....Ovechkin and Malkin of course are 1-2,but then no consensus,as Olesz seems to have fallen a few slots,as most concede his 2003/04 was not a progression over his promise of a year earlier.....Tukonen's strong finish moves him up...And Radulov is right in there competing for the #3 ranking.....Schremp is there on some lists...Also it is hard to fit the only D-man candidate,Cam Barker as a possible pick in that slot....Nobody knows (probably not even CHI --YET) who they will pick...

In my own mind,I my final ranking of the top forwards would be:

1.Ovechkin
2.Malkin
3. Radulov
4. Tukonen
5.Schremp

I just don't think Olesz and Chipchura are in that top 5 grouping .......If Chicago does take a forward at #3 --IMO it should be one of Radulov,Tukonen or Schremp--Tukonen being the "safe" pickand maybe the better "fit" ,the other two more of a risk for differing reasons --but also with potentially greater impact......

BUT Chicago might also go the safe route and take Barker--adding to an already good stable of D-men prospects (Babchuck,Barinka,Seabrook etc...)--building from the back-end out (consider their tremendous young goalie stable of prospects too)--BUT post-poning the up-front needs (especially after the slow development of Yakubov,Vorobiev and Igor Radulov).......

Of course adding brother Alexander might help Igor return to the form whre he scored 7 goals in just a few games at the end of 2002/03 before faltering last year....On the other hand adding the solid 2-way Tukonen might "fit" smartly with fellow Finlander Ruutu .....

But also there are the monetary issues with the euro transfer fees likely to skyrocket as the NHL?IIHF agreement expires this summer---and we know $Bill Wirtz doesn't like to fork over extra dough--so the Hawks may stick to an NA prospect in Schremp (if a forward is wanted) or Barker the D-man...

So there are a plethora of issues and choices going into that #3 spot---the Hawks don't want to make a mistake,but chances are they may pick the wrong guy...They haven't had much luck with Russian forwards yet and "character" issues are said to be paramount --so that may mean they will avoid Radulov even though he may turn out to be an impact franchise player;I would gamble on that possibility--but then I'm not their GM ....so I'll "settle" for one of the others (my feeling is that they may just avoid the potential of any mistake at forward and take Barker,a "safer" choice in adding to that young stable of D-men prospects)--te old afage you can never have too many good D-men etc.. etc... except that: D-men don't fill stadiums--goal scoring forwards do ......oh well,the'll have to hope to get lucky and get Crosby next draft---nah --never happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->