Radulov v Wolski

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
1) What the hell does GPG have to do with the talent level? Answer: Absolutely nothing, so that stat holds absolutely no merit. The fact is, the OHL is higher caliber (not much higher, but definitly higher) hockey than the QMJHL.

2) I said that Radulov has not proven anything at all above the Q. Wolski has done it in the OHL and has shown that he could atleast contribute over the games he did play in the NHL. That's not to say that Radulov wouldn't have, and nowhere did I say it was Radulov's fault (I'm not even sure why you brought that up). Who the hell is Kevin Klein? 4 games - 0 points? That not proving ****, I said he's proven himself in more games, nowhere did I say that he's better just because he's played in more games.

So stop putting words in my mouth and come up with something on your own.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
1) The fact is, the OHL is higher caliber (not much higher, but definitly higher) hockey than the QMJHL.

How is it a fact? I'm hardly a big-time Q supporter (I'm much more of a dub fan personally), but I think an argument can be made for each side. It's quite debatable who is the best. It's hardly fact.

2) I said that Radulov has not proven anything at all above the Q. Wolski has done it in the OHL and has shown that he could atleast contribute over the games he did play in the NHL. That's not to say that Radulov wouldn't have, and nowhere did I say it was Radulov's fault (I'm not even sure why you brought that up). Who the hell is Kevin Klein? 4 games - 0 points? That not proving ****, I said he's proven himself in more games, nowhere did I say that he's better just because he's played in more games.

Don't you just love when people take demonstrative stances regarding players that they know nothing about? How has Kevin Klein not proven anything in the NHL and Wojtek Wolski has? I'm not going to argue that Klein has proven more or even equal, but in the two games he played, he looked great. If 17 games is enough proof that Wolski will be a better player than Radulov, then surely two really good games by a 20 year old defenseman is worth just a little bit?

So stop putting words in my mouth and come up with something on your own.

If you don't want people taking your words out of context, don't make strong statements on subjects that you don't have a complete grasp on. Take a more tactful, savvy stance next time, and you might actually have legitimate discussions. Continue claiming controversial opinions as fact and you'll continue to get trashed. People get along better with sympathetic figures. Antagonistic figures? Not so much.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
How is it a fact? I'm hardly a big-time Q supporter (I'm much more of a dub fan personally), but I think an argument can be made for each side. It's quite debatable who is the best. It's hardly fact.

Alright, I guess it's more of a personal opinion but from the impression I get from other people, that seems to be the general consensus. But you're right, it is far from fact.

Don't you just love when people take demonstrative stances regarding players that they know nothing about? How has Kevin Klein not proven anything in the NHL and Wojtek Wolski has? I'm not going to argue that Klein has proven more or even equal, but in the two games he played, he looked great. If 17 games is enough proof that Wolski will be a better player than Radulov, then surely two really good games by a 20 year old defenseman is worth just a little bit?

That wasn't my point, I was just saying that I didn't say Wolski was a better player JUST because he had played in the NHL and Radulov hasn't. And for some reason that was the point he was trying to refute.

If you don't want people taking your words out of context, don't make strong statements on subjects that you don't have a complete grasp on. Take a more tactful, savvy stance next time, and you might actually have legitimate discussions. Continue claiming controversial opinions as fact and you'll continue to get trashed. People get along better with sympathetic figures. Antagonistic figures? Not so much.

You're actually 100% correct here, I didn't realize until now how strong my statements were:banghead: . It does really bug me when people make such strong statements on subjects that they don't have a complete grasp on, which is what I'm doing. I have a good knowledge about this but I wouldn't say a complete grasp.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
I'm not sure which part is more hilarious, actually.

1. The OHL is more talented than the Q...how? In case you didn't notice, the Remparts, driven by Radulov, won the Memorial Cup this year. People point at Radulov's point totals and reduce it to, "Oh, that's because it's Q," ignoring the simple fact that the GPG average in the OHL this year was just a few points below the Q.

Radulov is a the real deal. This kid was deadly all year in all situations (I think Schemp had like 100pnts on the PP...lol).

Anyway, I'd take him over Wolski.

Bam Beet*

I think they are even in terms of skating and skill but Wolski's size seperates him from Radulov. Wolski has the long reach and big body along with great skating and soft hands. You don't see that package too often.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I think they are even in terms of skating and skill but Wolski's size seperates him from Radulov. Wolski has the long reach and big body along with great skating and soft hands. You don't see that package too often.

I agree that Wolski has a size advantage and that skating is a wash, but I think in terms of pure skill, Radulov has the advantage.

I look forward to seeing what both can do in the NHL full time.

Stars-Preds

Jul 25, 2005
:yo: I will take Radulov because I'm a Nashville fan so I am willing his success to happen

However, I think both players will be future All-stars. I really do believe that.

dink182

Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
Wolski has decent size, but he is a bit of a perimeter finesse player, who doesn't always like getting his nose dirty. Remember Kris Beech? People loving his size, wheels, and soft hands. But if you watched him closely, he was a bit of a perimeter player. Same thing with Buffalo's speedster Afinogenov. Some called him the next Pavel Bure after a dominant WJC performance back in the late 90's. Again, he skated circles around everyone on the perimeter but couldn't score inside.

Not saying that Radulov will be a better player, but he's more willing to mix it up, get his nose dirty, and is less of a perimeter player. Not to say that he's a power forward or anything.

Bam Beet*

Wolski is a panzy and didnt make the WJC for this reason. Hes got awsome skill but no drive in his game.

Thanks for the insightful post. :shakehead He didn't win 4 player of the month awards in a row for no reason. Also won most sportsmanlike player. How do you score over 100 points and be a CAPTAIN of your team without any drive??

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Thanks for the insightful post. :shakehead He didn't win 4 player of the month awards in a row for no reason. Also won most sportsmanlike player. How do you score over 100 points and be a CAPTAIN of your team without any drive??

Alright sorry for the choice of words i was out of line. But i also recall guys like Ribeiro and Locke reaching 100 pts but it doesnt mean that they will be sucessful in the NHL. Ive watched him play a lot and during the playoffs, hes all about finesse. Hes not an agressive guy and hes the kind of guy who will dissapear for stretches. He plays like Pierre Turgeon ( a bit less talented), not my kind of player.

Bam Beet*

Alright sorry for the choice of words i was out of line. But i also recall guys like Ribeiro and Locke reaching 100 pts but it doesnt mean that they will be sucessful in the NHL. Ive watched him play a lot and during the playoffs, hes all about finesse. Hes not an agressive guy and hes the kind of guy who will dissapear for stretches. He plays like Pierre Turgeon ( a bit less talented), not my kind of player.

Have you seen Turgeon skate? Wolski can leave Turgeon in his underwear at center ice if he wanted to.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I think Radulov is far from a one dimensional player, he seems to me at least to have a mean streak in him and a definite will to put points up, which are all qualities that should translate well in whatever league he plays in. It might take a little while for him to adjust to the NHL game but I think he'll eventually put up some big numbers. As for Wolksi he's Colorado's one and only bonafide prospect so he should get lots of ice time and play on one of the top two lines so his development should really be helped by that though he already has a solid grasp on how to get it done. All in all i'd say Radulov will probably put up more points and Wolski will be the more complete player.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think Radulov is far from a one dimensional player, he seems to me at least to have a mean streak in him and a definite will to put points up, which are all qualities that should translate well in whatever league he plays in. It might take a little while for him to adjust to the NHL game but I think he'll eventually put up some big numbers. As for Wolksi he's Colorado's one and only bonafide prospect so he should get lots of ice time and play on one of the top two lines so his development should really be helped by that though he already has a solid grasp on how to get it done. All in all i'd say Radulov will probably put up more points and Wolski will be the more complete player.
That's overstating things.:rolleyes:

LosT_PropheT

Apr 21, 2006
Baltimore
Wolski has decent size, but he is a bit of a perimeter finesse player, who doesn't always like getting his nose dirty. Remember Kris Beech? People loving his size, wheels, and soft hands. But if you watched him closely, he was a bit of a perimeter player. Same thing with Buffalo's speedster Afinogenov. Some called him the next Pavel Bure after a dominant WJC performance back in the late 90's. Again, he skated circles around everyone on the perimeter but couldn't score inside.

Not saying that Radulov will be a better player, but he's more willing to mix it up, get his nose dirty, and is less of a perimeter player. Not to say that he's a power forward or anything.

Thank you, that's probably one of the only posts that validates your post with relevant points and not opinonated and preposterous views...

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
I'm an Avs fan, but also a Quebec Remparts fan, and I have to agree, Wolski will be a very good player in the NHL, but Radulov has the potential to become a super star

CraigC

Feb 22, 2006
Burlington

LOL I think the Aves will be happy if he puts up the 1320 points that Turgeon has in his career.

CraigC

Feb 22, 2006
Burlington
And yes, the OHL is a better league than the QMJHL. since 200 the OHL has had 273 drafted players compared to the QMJHL's 183. If you go back another 5 seasons its not even near as close, in fact the Quebec league has never sent more players to the NHL in any draft. Not sure how you can argue the Quebec league is stronger?????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->