Radio Broadcasts for SF and Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
I was just on the CBC website and it says there that the World Cup Radio broadcasts will not be available online on CBC Radio 1 due to internet restrictions. Is there anywhere else that these games will be available online? THERE HAS TO BE!!!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Surely some station is doing a sort-of running commentary (if not official play by play).

It'd be great to know

...as I sit on a South Korean island watching some Australian movie about a dog on an adventure (no, it's not about me).

There's a live car race on another channel, F1 maybe, Fisichella just edged Raikkonen. And live U.S. Open tennis in the mornings here.

But no hockey ever in this country.

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
I won't know until the Lions game is over, but I remember when the played the first game between Can and USA that mojoradio.ca said they would be playing the final and semi-final. Try going to their site and clicking listen live around 6:00 est or 3:00 pst. They will have a pre-game show.

Longer

Aug 14, 2004
Is this Sirius free trial working for anyone?

I reg'd and when i login, i hear a 1 minute Ad about what the channel broadcasts, but then it just stops at advertisement end, with no follow through to the broadcast?

Arrrrgh :cry:

And why is CBS restricting their feed as well?

Is it a conspiracy to have no hockey interest south of the equator???

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Longer said:
Is this Sirius free trial working for anyone?

I reg'd and when i login, i hear a 1 minute Ad about what the channel broadcasts, but then it just stops at advertisement end, with no follow through to the broadcast?

Arrrrgh :cry:

And why is CBS restricting their feed as well?

Is it a conspiracy to have no hockey interest south of the equator???

Yeah that's happening to me too.

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
Same here. It's really annoying, I'm looking everywhere for the game, and I can't find anything. STUPID CBC. Glad to know my tax dollars are only going to radio and TV so the rest of us that don't have access to those two things can't listen on the radio.

Longer

Aug 14, 2004
Well...I suppose the one positive thing is I can stop bashing my forehead against my monitor thinking it's something with my computer

The coverage of this tourney outside of TV has been absolutely shocking.

Longer

Aug 14, 2004
I share your rage Slapshot17!

Have been looking forward to this game since tourney started (since it was only the semi finals that CBC Radio one was confirming they would broadcast).

And now some &#@$'ing broadcast rights means they won't stream it online

FURRRRIOUS!

Previously, i think for the WHC, there was some video feed floating around from Euro TV station. Commentary wasn't in English but got to see them play.

Anyone have that URL (or ANY other one) kicking around????

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
I would venture to guess that the French CBC Radio has the broadcast rights to the game, and therefore is likely to be also bound by the internet restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad