Radek Faksa

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
When the Stars drafted him I thought he was likely a third-fourth line grinding center with an upside of a shutdown 2nd line center. He's definitely developing (developed) into that shutdown 2nd line center. I figured Hitchcock would love Faksa and it's becoming obvious he does, even though I think Hitch had his doubts in the Summer (the signing of Hanzal?).

Reactions: Bfantz

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
He really is making that hanzal signing look like a stupid one .hanzal is good when he is healthy but he’s the same player as faksa only old and slower with little to no offensive game anymore. He gets paid more as well. Imagine what they could have done with that money .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Now he needs to be put in the slot on the first PP unit. Same exact way Philly uses Couturier and they are shockingly similar players. About as similar as it gets

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Couturier has more offensive talent in his left foot than Faksa.

Have you not watched Faksa this season? He has shown true signs of offensive potential and is usually creating opportunities for himself and his linemates. Needs more finish to his game but put in a true offensive roll on the first powerplay unit he could easily be a 20+ goal scorer. Don't be thrown off by Couturier's point total, he is playing way above his potential right now and will certainly fall back to earth next year. Trust me he is a 40-50 point guy maybe, but is having a great year. I expect Faksa to turn into a similar 40-50 point player in the years coming

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Faksa has been great and I'm fine with people underrating him. We all know how important he is to the team.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Have you not watched Faksa this season? He has shown true signs of offensive potential and is usually creating opportunities for himself and his linemates. Needs more finish to his game but put in a true offensive roll on the first powerplay unit he could easily be a 20+ goal scorer. Don't be thrown off by Couturier's point total, he is playing way above his potential right now and will certainly fall back to earth next year. Trust me he is a 40-50 point guy maybe, but is having a great year. I expect Faksa to turn into a similar 40-50 point player in the years coming

Faksa is 24 years old. Let's not pretend that Sean Couturier wasn't an offensive weapon in Juniors and also played at a 50 point pace in the NHL prior to this year.

Reactions: FeedDaPuck

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Faksa is 24 years old. Let's not pretend that Sean Couturier wasn't an offensive weapon in Juniors and also played at a 50 point pace in the NHL prior to this year.

I see what you are saying, but Couturier wasn't looked at as much of a scoring threat before this year and was always a more defensive center. 50 point pace is pure 2nd liner numbers, and that's exactly what I think we could get out of Faksa if he was used right (more PP time) and had more finish to his game. Now don't get me wrong here, there is no chance Faksa ever puts up numbers even similar to what Couturier is putting up right now, but if he could be a consistent 40-50 point player in upcoming years I'd be more than thrilled

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
He is one of the best defensive forwards in the league , if he can get to putting up 50 points a season , he will be one of the best two way players in the league . I also think that’s not an umrealistic goal if he’s given more powerplay time and wasn’t playing with 2 grinders .

Reactions: Kcb12345

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Would he still look like a top defensive forward if he played with scores instead of predicable grinders? Not saying he isn’t good, but that does help one’s defensive numbers.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Would he still look like a top defensive forward if he played with scores instead of predicable grinders? Not saying he isn’t good, but that does help one’s defensive numbers.

He plays against other teams top lines. Are you a Stars fan? If so you should know this. Also, yes he would he is always smart defensively and usually will never put himself or his teammates in a risky or tough position. Very intelligent player

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Yes I know this. Yes I’m a fan. I just spend more time lurking than posting. Been watching nearly every game since 1998.
My point is, all he’s asked to do is focus on defending. As a first round pick, I’d expect that as a minimum. When all you’re tasked to do is defend, and you’re given defensive minded line mates, the task becomes much simpler. I love the guy, I’m just not sold he’s one of a kind irreplaceable.

Admittedly, I did enjoy seeing him out there in front of the net at the end of the game last night. Good presence, good stick.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yes I know this. Yes I’m a fan. I just spend more time lurking than posting. Been watching nearly every game since 1998.
My point is, all he’s asked to do is focus on defending. As a first round pick, I’d expect that as a minimum. When all you’re tasked to do is defend, and you’re given defensive minded line mates, the task becomes much simpler. I love the guy, I’m just not sold he’s one of a kind irreplaceable.

Admittedly, I did enjoy seeing him out there in front of the net at the end of the game last night. Good presence, good stick.

There aren't a whole lot of defensive centers in the game that are better than him at what he does, so they come at a high price. Especially since he has shown he can have a good 2-way game potential this season

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
His offensive totals aren't good enough to be a Stanley Cup winning 2C, but I could see his point totals having a large increase if he was given better line mates/PP time.

Right now we've gotta keep him buried in the defencive zone and against teams top lines, because no one else can play that role. If vintage Hanzal makes a comeback next year (doubtful), I'd love to see him playing the shut down role and Faksa 2C.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Sabres fan here. Wondering if he could be available. Also, how is his skating?

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Sabres fan here. Wondering if he could be available. Also, how is his skating?
Hard to see us giving up faksa . He’s a key part of the team, probably wouldn’t get fair value from you guys , and he’s a good skater , very quick for his size .

Reactions: Kcb12345

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
What if he was part of a trade for O’Reilly?
Lol I was actually gonna post that would be the only scenario where I could see the stars doing something but Buff would prob get more somewhere else .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
ROR for Faksa would be okay, but that would mean we are counting on a combo of Hanzel (too late, injured) and/or Dickenson (too soon to trust as a shutdown guy) to be our 3C next year. One step forward in scoring, one back on backchecking, assuming Hanzel is injured again.

Sort of OT, but maybe related for cap issues, what are chances Hanzel retires or gets put on LTIRR list to save us his cap money.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Sort of OT, but maybe related for cap issues, what are chances Hanzel retires or gets put on LTIRR list to save us his cap money.

I would say 75/25 LTIR happens. Honestly, that cap space would help immensely. Unfortunately, to help this season it would be better to know sooner rather than later.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
ROR for Faksa would be okay, but that would mean we are counting on a combo of Hanzel (too late, injured) and/or Dickenson (too soon to trust as a shutdown guy) to be our 3C next year. One step forward in scoring, one back on backchecking, assuming Hanzel is injured again.

Wellllllllllllllllllllll, O'Reilly is a C that I have heard is OK on defense. Trading one C for another doesn't create a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad