Rabid Ranger's joke of a mock

2ForRoughing*

I'll agree with you that the rumors out of St.Louis are strong regarding the Blues wanting Staal. I have a feeling he's going to be the surprise first overall pick on the 24th.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
TransportedUpstater said:
...Prussian Blue, I HIGHLY doubt the Pens give you Noah Welch just to move up one draft spot ;)

I do, too... but there's no harm in asking, eh?

Can't blame a guy for trying to maximize value for the first-ever #1 pick this franchise has ever had.

I'll gladly take Erik Johnson (or Jordan Staal, or Nicklas Backstrom) and be very content with that selection.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Transported Upstater

Prussian_Blue said:
I do, too... but there's no harm in asking, eh?

Can't blame a guy for trying to maximize value for the first-ever #1 pick this franchise has ever had.

I'll gladly take Erik Johnson (or Jordan Staal, or Nicklas Backstrom) and be very content with that selection.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Agreed. That's your best move IMO (Johnson.)

Whoever the Blues have as their #1 player, that's who they should take. I don't see why they consider a trade-down unless a team WOWS them with an offer, and Pittsburgh is in a pretty damn good spot as well, so I can't see them sacrificing too much...

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
First off..great mock. I can really see Okposo going that high and I wouldn't be unhappy at all if the Bruins picked him. The only thing is that Jeff Gorton..the Bruins GM said that he was thrilled to get the 5th pick instead of the 6th because the dropoff from 5th to 6th is big.

SidTheKid87

Aug 1, 2005
Zeus6754 said:
The Pens shouldn't want Erik Johnson that badly. They are in a perfect spot at #2 overall. They need a #1 D-man AND #1 Wingers. The Bruins and Canes would be crazy to make those trades... but stranger trades have happened. The Pens would almost certainly be willing to give up picks and prospects for JJ or Bergeron in addition to #2 overall. JJ is better than EJ. Backstrom or Kessel could be just as good, if not better than EJ. The Pens don't need to make any trade for EJ. Let St. Louis do what they want. Then pick BPA after that. Simple. There is no can't miss player in this draft. There is no definitive #1 player in this draft. That's why there is talk about St. Louis and the Pens trading at all. The Pens will fill 1 out of 2 needs with #2 overall just like they would if they traded for #1 overall. The Pens don't improve that much by trading for #1 overall. They can improve just as much by not trading.

:clap: Well said. If they Pens really want Johnson, that's fine. But Shero will definitely not overpay just to move up one spot. There is great value at No. 2. I'll be very happy with either Johnson or Staal. Anything else would be a bit of a surprise at this point. But I could live with Kessel or Toews, too. :D And Welch isn't going anywhere except for a full-time no. 2 pairing at the Igloo in October.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
TransportedUpstater said:
And Prussian Blue, I HIGHLY doubt the Pens give you Noah Welch just to move up one draft spot ;)

A couple of years ago, when pittsburgh received the N.1 overall pick (Marc-Andre Fleury), what did they gave? I know they gave Samuelsson and their N.3 overall pick, but did they gave something else? If not, I don't see how it would cost them Welch to move one spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->