GDT: R1:G5 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 30th | 7:30 PM | F/L 6-3

Symon Asher

Sep 13, 2011
This team was mentally weak
Blown 3 and 2 goal leads
Suck in OT
Until this team stops playing
scared they are going nowhere

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
One thing is for sure we need to tank to avoid Carolina next year if with a few games left its possible they can face them

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Barzal turned it up the last two games, when it counted the most. If anything, Bo was more of a passenger across 5 games than Barzal. Nelson was pretty flat for most of the series. Palms had a strong series. Their best players didn't play their best throughout the series and their best players as a collective aren't as good as other cores.

Thought Lee had a fine showing, worked his tail off, just can't produce the way he used to. MacLean was noticeable in all games, he's a keeper. Pulock and Pelech both had moments where they looked like the pairing of a few years ago. Dobson looked hurt, and his usage indicated so much. Romanov and Reilly made an impact, mostly positive. I want to see a significant infusion of talent this offseason, not a rebuild or anything, just some restructuring. There are some good pieces here, just not good enough.
For the rest of your post, I think you have a good summary.

And JGPs never really recovered from that hand injury.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Final thoughts

I think that if we're ever gonna tank, do it next season for Hagens. If not, overpay for stamkos or reinhart.
If Stamkos is gonna move on from TB, gotta think it’s gonna be for a big market team. He either wants to get paid Chicago style or go the BOS/COL route, less with a chance to compete. My guess is he stays in the East.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Keep Holmstrom and MacLean, and maybe Reilly too. I think those are the only keepers. Its time to start trading the fat. I think Pageau, Nelson, Pelech, or even Lee should all be considered at this point. Isles cannot be beaten like they did from Carolina again.

Ultimately you build around 8, 13, 14, 30.

Everyone else, no reasonable offer refused.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Aiight, I’m full on the “Go Satan over either of these teams” bandwagon

Attachments

• IMG_4623.jpeg
    IMG_4623.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 1

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Stamkos is not coming here, and he hasn’t forgotten how our fans say F… …Stamkos to him

He's too old anyway, will probably want to play for a Cup contender. I see him staying in Tampa.

As for adding talent, in a perfect world, would love to bring Kyle Conner in; exactly what this team needs--skill, sniping, speed, youth.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If Stamkos is gonna move on from TB, gotta think it’s gonna be for a big market team. He either wants to get paid Chicago style or go the BOS/COL route, less with a chance to compete. My guess is he stays in the East.
Stamkos is going to Dallas.

Marner has Columbus written all over him.
Not sure where you get this shit from - He has a NMC and he isn’t waiving to go to Columbus.

You continue to show your ass

Reactions: wasthere7980

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Not sure where you get this shit from - He has a NMC and he isn’t waiving to go to Columbus.

I think it depends on if his wife wanted to move. I am obviously not a woman but I would certainly use the argument that at the stage of the career he is in and having already won 2 cups I'd probably prefer to just remain in Tampa

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I think it depends on if his wife wanted to move. I am obviously not a woman but I would certainly use the argument that at the stage of the career he is in and having already won 2 cups I'd probably prefer to just remain in Tampa
If he is not in Tampa - he is going somewhere that gives him the best chance to win and Dallas has the cap space to do it.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I was at the game tonight. I HATE the Canes and their fans. The entire arena experience is nauseating.

I still wonder how long before they make a coaching change if they again get beat by the Rags here, you cannot exactly just be happy taking the Lindy Ruff path with Brind'Amour if you're them

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I still wonder how long before they make a coaching change if they again get beat by the Rags here, you cannot exactly just be happy taking the Lindy Ruff path with Brind'Amour if you're them
And he's a FA after the season. BrindAmour is a fan favorite and the players love him, but he has not been able to take them far and the owner is cheap so who knows..

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
If he is not in Tampa - he is going somewhere that gives him the best chance to win and Dallas has the cap space to do it.
He's already won 2 Cups. I'm not sure that's all that important.

I think he's going to try to cash in one last time and go wherever pays him the most.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I was at the game tonight. I HATE the Canes and their fans. The entire arena experience is nauseating.
It's still the Rangers, though. But I get your point, the Canes fanbase is toxic.

Three bad choices in the East. Hopefully one of Florida or Boston makes it out.

Reactions: beach

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

In one post, you express with certainty the future of a player that just finished his season yesterday. That’s a nice crystal ball you have.

Then, mock my post for saying a player that is underperforming and overexpressing with his teammates openly mocking him on the bench, kinda seems like a loser. So, far, Columbus is a bit of a loser organization so they ‘fit.’ Him and Johnny Trademark will run up the points and do, well, nothing else…like win.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I’ve seen enough good things from this team to know that a rebuild is the wrong course of action.

I’ve seen enough bad things to know that *some* changes are needed.

Not sure why the rebuild-obsessed think it’s all-or-nothing.
If "some changes" include letting go/trading away JGP, Martin, Clutter, Aho, Wahlstrom, Fasching, Holmstrom, Bolduc, Pelech, Mayfield, Bortuzzo, Engvall, and for the right deal, Nelson and Palms, then yeah, a some changes should do it.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He's already won 2 Cups. I'm not sure that's all that important.

I think he's going to try to cash in one last time and go wherever pays him the most.

Yeah its possible he goes somewhere random who will just pay big money, his wife is from Toronto but he is not going there obviosuly. I wonder if takes a flyer on Detroit possibly, its only a matter of time til they're legit contenders

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah its possible he goes somewhere random who will just pay big money, his wife is from Toronto but he is not going there obviosuly. I wonder if takes a flyer on Detroit possibly, its only a matter of time til they're legit contenders
Yzerman could pay him, but that team really needs a bunch of work. And going from Tampa to Detroit - intentionally, no less. Ahhh…

UT can feed his ego and wallet too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad