GDT: R1:G5 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 30th | 7:30 PM | F/L 6-3

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I dont know whats happening in that Canes GDT -- Pretty sure most have had lobotomies,... near zero coherent thoughts and barely even discussing the game.

Is that what living in the South does to you?
I thought it was procreating with family members...

Reactions: bstash19

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Definitely don't want to fall too far behind and have their defense squash us. Definitely don't want to get too far ahead and have them try their hardest and just put us on de-facto penalty kill the entire game. Best path seems to be just keeping the game tied as long as possible and sneak a goal by them toward the end.

Joking aside, it's going to be tough tonight. Playing passive and conservative will almost surely lead to a loss. Anything other than the Game 2 strategy please.
Game one was ours. Hang around and get the timely finish. Just didn't happen. LGI. Hopefully season extends tonight

Reactions: Metnut

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Living here since before the Canes and a very progressive place to be (compared to '89 when i got down here). These days there are a good amount of knowledgeable fans here, though do not expect them to be down low at games....have found very few. Most tend to hang up higher.

With that said, unscientifically, i would put them at about 30% of the fan base.

For some reason, the balance of local hockey fans seem to equate to a bizarre melding of minor league baseball, NASCAR and Robert Boucher Jr disciples.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I dont know whats happening in that Canes GDT -- Pretty sure most have had lobotomies,... near zero coherent thoughts and barely even discussing the game.

Yes. It may not make hockey viewing experience better, but it makes life more fun.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019

You may be laughing, but those are the smartest Carolina Hurricanes fans. The non-HFboards Hurricanes fans call them geniuses.

Sad, ain't it?

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
One thing I'll say is that PNC has the closest pre-game environment I've seen that compares to old school Nassau Coliseum tailgating. It's nothing close to the same at UBS. Love everything else about the new place though.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Holmstrom gotta have a good game, but I just want him to play safe, effective hockey. Soak it up kid. You'll be here again.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Living here since before the Canes and a very progressive place to be (compared to '89 when i got down here). These days there are a good amount of knowledgeable fans here, though do not expect them to be down low at games....have found very few. Most tend to hang up higher.

With that said, unscientifically, i would put them at about 30% of the fan base.

For some reason, the balance of local hockey fans seem to equate to a bizarre melding of minor league baseball, NASCAR and Robert Boucher Jr disciples.

Kind of reminds me of this one hockey team outside of Oslo in the Norwegian league.

Even as late as the early 00 years, there wasn't a guy with a degree of any sort on the team.

In fact, there was only one guy on the team who had graduated high school.

The fans lovingly referred to him as "The Professor".

Reactions: leeroggy and Lek

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Win BABY! Just WIN!!!!
Whatever it takes 38.....39.....
Gotta Rock Those Failure-Canes!!!!
Stay Outta The Box!!!!
LGI!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad