GDT: R1:G3 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes | April 25th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 L

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Varlamov is fine, but Sorokin can’t see the ice this year unless Varly gets hurt

Not that there’s many games left…

Get him Okposo’s sports psychologist. Guy has all the physical tools, something just needs adjusting upstairs. Think it’s a confidence thing, TBH. He’s not aggressive, plays deep in his net… something is just off and has been more or less all year

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Try more backhand shots on Freddie. Those are harder to read by both defense and goalies. Which forward on Isles have a good backhand shots? Skate diagonally towards the goalie & release a backhand when you have the angle. Try out in the practice tomorrow.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Is Ledecky going to announce Lou is fired and they are going to rebuild tommorow or is he going to wait until Sunday

Reactions: Dutch Frost

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Is Ledecky going to announce Lou is fired and they are going to rebuild tommorow or is he going to wait until Sunday

Lou is never being "fired." He will "retire" gracefully with a very nice ceremony put on by the Islanders.

That said the big concern is I don't think the Isles are going to make him retire until he wants to (and he won't want to).

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Varlamov is fine, but Sorokin can’t see the ice this year unless Varly gets hurt

Get him Okposo’s sports psychologist. Guy has all the physical tools, something just needs adjusting upstairs. Think it’s a confidence thing, TBH. He’s not aggressive, plays deep in his net… something is just off and has been more or less all year
Look at him in the race. He knew. He was broken. Ilya has never been mentally challenged like this before. He needs to get his head right.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think Ledecky needs to have a serious talk with Lou and say, step down and we do a classy send off and a nice package to boot.

You guys realize that Ledecky is just a PR figurehead and it's Malkin who calls all the shots.

Reactions: sabremike

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

Yeah have you notice a lot of Russian goalies had some mental issues this season, Sorokin, Samsonov and Georgiyev?? Strange

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
You guys realize that Ledecky is just a PR figurehead and it's Malkin who calls all the shots.
I’m inclined to agree with you, but is there any evidence to this or just a guess (albeit an educated one)? You sound awfully certain.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah have you notice a lot of Russian goalies had some mental issues this season, Sorokin, Samsonov and Georgiyev?? Strange
I think that’s just a coincidence an issue of sample size. Russia has been a pipeline of very good goaltenders, so a lot of NHL goalies are Russian

You’re bound to have some with down years

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
why even pull the goalie when you arent even being aggressive, The whole entire period we played from the blue line with zero bodies in front of Anderson . Long Shot on goal, no one to be found near the puck. It is like we are outsized by this time by leaps and bounds.

Carolina sweeps us on Saturday.. Far too disciplined.

Thanks for the extra week of hockey. I wanted these guys to tank in February.
Because we never established the zone! It was the exact opposite of what Carolina did in game two. For starters they're a better skating team so they were on us in one second flat. The only guy I saw bringing the puck in with steam was Engvall and he was pretty much by himself. Barzal looked gassed and other than them two there's zero threat of rushing the zone outside of Reilly who's a defenseman. This team has played good hockey all year........ except the last five minutes of every game!

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
This team just has too many guys that float and play the perimeter. Not enough skating hard to the puck, to come in with hard body position on the walls etc. Just not sure how to change it much in the top 9 with the contracts and term.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I am imagining a different world where the Isles kept playing in game 2 when up 3-0. IN this series they have managed to find ways to lose all three.

Reactions: chico19341

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad