R.I.P. Zarley Zalapski

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Unfortunately Zalapski has died at the age of 49. The cause of death is still unknown. I'd like to pay my condolences to his family and friends. Rest In Peace. He will forever be known for having the coolest name in NHL history.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
(Reposting from the other thread where this was mentioned):

Wow. Just wow. I remember when he was drafted. If I remember wasn't he the key piece in the infamous Ron Francis trade?

He was considered so promising that again, id I am remembering he even had a commercial nationally in Canada.

He along with guys like Craig Simpson were going to finally lead the Pens out of the wilderness and instead became trade bait and never reached what people thought.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
49 . . . just scary. No cause reported yet, apparently. So sad . . .

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Some here will probably remember him as a piece in the Ron Francis trade but I'm juuuust old enough to remember seeing him play and dude could straight fly. A young ZZ Top wouldn't be out of place on the cup team back in 2016.

He was part of the much celebrated "double trouble" power play the Pens had back in those days where all of the players on PP1 were double numbers: Lemieux, Rob Brown, John Cullen, Paul Coffey, and ZZ.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad