stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Terrible news.

Thoughts and prayers to Ari's family.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Just awful. Can't imagine how awesome it would've been to watch her sing the national anthem on Hockey Fights Cancer night like they had planned. It's just not fair. Vladi is going to go off tonight. Blues need to win the Cup and get her name engraved on it. Don't think that's allowed, but what a tribute that would be.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Ari touched so many hearts, including my own. Really crying now. I won't be around today. God Bless.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed learning about her trip with the team last year. I work at a children's hospital where this kind of news happens frequently, but it still hurts to hear about it every single time. I'll be surprised if Panger doesn't share this during the broadcast, and surprised if he can talk about it without choking up.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I saw the announcement on nhl.com, Blues statement. I couldn’t help tearing up! I’m former infantry officer, now federal law enforcement and I have seen some pretty bad stuff without being too upset!! Ari and her story stole my heart as the father of two daughters and two sons. I loved her time with the Blues last year. I like that it started with Vladi actually outbidding everyone at a charity fundraising event to give her the opportunity to be part of the Blues trip. Blues players and organization have shown that they know what’s really important!

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Oh my...thats heartbreaking...I feel empty right now
As Ajax said, as a parent you don’t even want to imagine what a loss like this means
RiP little lady

Last edited:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Awful to hear, Ari was a tremendous girl with an unwavering attitude despite her unfortunate circumstances.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Learned of her story from a former co-worker when I asked him about the bracelet.

Rest in Peace. :(

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Terrible to hear. My thoughts to her family through this tough time.

It was great getting to know her and her story through the Blues and especially Tarasenko and it's very special that Tarasenko and his family continued a relationship with this special little girl. She certainly made a mark on the Blues organization from the personnel down to the fans.

Rest in peace, Ari.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Devastating news today. She had such a strong personality.

Last edited:

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Her story last season impacted so many of people everywhere. No parent should ever have to bury a child. It is emotional for us all no doubt.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues were just not meant to win this game. But, maybe their minds were more on Ari's tragic early leaving us, so they couldn't concentrate on the game at hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 Minute Minor

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012
Damn. Just read Tarasenko's article in the players tribune and he mentions this girl. I am saddened. RIP.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->