Confirmed with Link: R̶y̶a̶n̶ M̶u̶r̶p̶h̶y̶ Lance Bouma Appreciation Thread: Waive Goodbye

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Good for Bouma for getting a semi-decent contract cause he played with the heart of 10 men for the Flames, it's a shame people are so down on him and telling him to "get lost/gtfo/good riddance". He bled the Flaming C, his body is broken and his game went downhill because of it.

I wish Bouma all the best, hope he can find a team to take a chance on him.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Good for Bouma for getting a semi-decent contract cause he played with the heart of 10 men for the Flames, it's a shame people are so down on him and telling him to "get lost/gtfo/good riddance". He bled the Flaming C, his body is broken and his game went downhill because of it.

I wish Bouma all the best, hope he can find a team to take a chance on him.

So much of this. Guy busted his ass everyday.

I get the humour behind the Ryan Murphy appreciation thread, but that's a tad disrespectful to Boums.

Last edited:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
So much of this. Guy busted his nuts everyday.

I get the humour behind the Ryan Murphy appreciation thread, but that's a tad disrespectful to Boums.

I admit I had this thought as well.

Lance Bouma played 304 games in Flames silks, playing his heart out and abusing his body for the Flames success. I don't think I've ever seen such a fearless shot blocker.

That he's the tail end of a joke on the thread title doesn't sit well with me.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I don't think that first part is what you think it means?

DCSffzTVYAEu8aG.jpg

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Injuries took a toll on Bouma. It's a shame because he was a damn good third liner for us before it all. Wish him all the best

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Injuries took a toll on Bouma. It's a shame because he was a damn good third liner for us before it all. Wish him all the best

Agreed. I hope he takes time to rehab then bounce back.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Bouma did have 1 really good year, in which he played his heart out. Then he signed a deal, that he wasn't worth, in a cap world. All professional athletes are subject to public criticism if they do not perform to expectations. Lance seemed like a good guy, I wish him all the best but I am happy that he is no longer on the Flames.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Weird how they didn't notify Murphy he'd be bought out. He was quite excited about the trade on twitter

Someone may have screwed up. He should have been told by either the Canes or the Flames immediately.

Unless he found out about the trade in the same way and time fans did and then was called by respective managements.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
LOL at the guy who said Murphy > Kulak.

Kulak hasn't played parts of 5 years in the NHL yet, so maybe it's a little too quick to be mocking people that don't think Kulak is as amazing as a portion of fa s think he is. Mind you these are the same fans that thought Nakladal could be a top 4 defenseman

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Bouma did have 1 really good year, in which he played his heart out. Then he signed a deal, that he wasn't worth, in a cap world. All professional athletes are subject to public criticism if they do not perform to expectations. Lance seemed like a good guy, I wish him all the best but I am happy that he is no longer on the Flames.

My thoughts exactly.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Feel bad for both these players; buyouts also do not seem like the best move for either.

Confident Lance will play in the NHL again, guy is a great fourth-liner.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
"Overpaid" is the word I'd use.

If Bouma were making 1.5 million a year I bet we would all love him. I'm not sure why the Flames felt they couldn't stomach one more year of his contract, unless they have something big planned for FA tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad