Quick Question RE Keeper Leagues

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Hey All,

I commissioned a yahoo league last year, and am looking to commission a new league, but a yahoo keeper league this year. Just a few quick questions I am hoping for guidance on.

1) How do I make it a keeper league?
- Is there anything in particular I have to do when setting up the league to make it a keeper league? I went commissioner tools --> League Settings --> Allow draft pick trades? --> Yes

We just do the draft, and once the draft takes place its business as usual, except we can trade draft picks?

2) Assigning Keepers
- Can we change the keeper status on a player, or do you designate a keeper at the beginning of the year and they keep that status for the entire year? Is 2 keepers a good amount (14 team league, 16 player roster)

Thanks All!

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I commission a couple keeper leagues.

First year is "business as usual". Only difference is make draft pick trading allowed if you'd like. Which you did.

Next season you can reassign the teams and tell them keeper rules. You have to manually do all the keepers after your keeper deadline (which you do next season). But really this year, you do nothing different. You can either assign keepers at the start of the draft (ex: you have 5 keepers, rounds 1-5 are reserved for keepers) or at the end (if you have 24 man rosters rounds 20-24 are for keepers)

Also I know sometimes these forums are dead. You can always get Yahoo to help you by clicking "help" at the bottom of your pages on Yahoo then "Contact Customer Care".

But if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad