Kings News: Quick is Vezina finalist

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
oh man, the internet outrage over Quick should be hiliarous.

I would have gone with Crawford over him but at least it's a sign that the GMs are paying attention to stuff other than raw save percentage, like workload, team effects, etc

I'm pretty sure the swing votes came from all those teams he "Quckied' preventing a sure goal.:laugh:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The mainboard thread is hilarious. So much hate over his nomination, and once again we continue to troll all of them even after getting knocked out of the playoffs.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The mainboard thread is hilarious. So much hate over his nomination, and once again we continue to troll all of them even after getting knocked out of the playoffs.

The sad part is what onlyalad said: instead of celebrating the seasons of guys who did fantastic, it's crapping on the guy who will likely be third...and I bet the votes separating third and ninth are minimal.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California

No kidding.

I love people using words like "larceny" and "screwed" in regards to Crawford not finishing 3rd in voting.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
I would rather him be conn smyth contender than a vezina finalist. I think Crawford is more deserving.

He was not elite in these playoffs...

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
We all know Quick won't and shouldn't win it.
But we also know he was robbed in 2012 and should have won it.
I would argue he should have won the Hart that year as well.
He lost 13 games while giving up 2 or less goals. So if the team could have scored he would have won that many more.

His numbers except for wins were already better than Price from last year when he won both if you really look at them. So his save percentage was .004 lower he allowed 3 more total goals in 3 more games played. His save percentage was lower because he faced 90 fewer shots in those 3 more games. But his GGA was lower.

He's just getting the nod this year because he did win 40 games.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
He lost 13 games while giving up 2 or less goals. So if the team could have scored he would have won that many more.

His numbers except for wins were already better than Price from last year when he won both if you really look at them. So his save percentage was .004 lower he allowed 3 more total goals in 3 more games played. His save percentage was lower because he faced 90 fewer shots in those 3 more games. But his GGA was lower.

Pretty much this.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

And set some records for franchise wins and American goaltender shutouts.

Aside from that, there will be no noticeable difference between 3 and like 7, 1 and 2 are running away from the pack imo.

BUT--it will be nice to be able to snarkily say "two-time Vezina finalist, two-time cup winner, Conn Smythe winner Jonathan Quck" ;)

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Quick had a very good year, and quite frankly, with the occasional porous defense, he had to be good. Maybe his best season since 11-12. However, he has zero chance of winning. Congrats on the nomination.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
And set some records for franchise wins and American goaltender shutouts.

Aside from that, there will be no noticeable difference between 3 and like 7, 1 and 2 are running away from the pack imo.

BUT--it will be nice to be able to snarkily say "two-time Vezina finalist, two-time cup winner, Conn Smythe winner Jonathan Quck" ;)

Don't forget the Jennings. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad