Questions on these prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
I got 2 questions for the following prospects, 1. how long are they away from being in the nhl and 2. who would you compare them to... thanks

-Marc-Antoine Pouliot
-Sean Bergenheim (yes i know he saw a few games)
-Loui Eriksson
-Niklas Nordgren
-Konstantin Pushkaryov
-Anton Babchuk
-Brent Seabrook
-Jason Bacashihua
-Tobias Enstrom

thanks!

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I will give my response on the Hawks prospects and answer with the assumption that there is an NHL season next year.
-Anton Babchuk
-Brent Seabrook

I think Anton Babchuk is all but written in for the Hawks lineup next year. He had a brief callup this year and did not look out of place. He has absolute cannon of a slapshot, in the AL McInnis velocity range. He is big at 6'5" ad can dish out punishment but does not do it on a consistent enough basis yet and that is probably why he isnt up here yet. Im not sure who he compares to style with. Like I said he has a McInnis level shot. His game seems similar to Boris Mironov's back in Edmonton, big and hard hitting with a great shot that could use a little more accuracy(not the current lazy indifferent player Bobo has become).

Unless he absolutely wows in camp I expet Seabrook to play a season in Norfolk (AHL) next year and make the Hawks for good the folllowing year. He is an all around player, good offensively with good size and some physical play. Player wise I would most compare him to is Bryan McCabe without McCabe's mean streak.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
thanks a lot. When i saw babchuk in detroit a few wks ago he looked like a jiri fischer. Huge, hits occasionally and has a hard as hell shot, just needs to get accuracy like jiri did.
thanks again for the input... i hope more people can give me good report like you did...

Hendo2k

Feb 12, 2003
Palm Coast, FL
members.shaw.ca
i so wanted the wings to try to get Seabrook or Stuart last year... if not for the Schneider deal... both would of looked great paired with Fischer in a few years :cry:

damn Holland and trading our 1sts.... i like Matty but i want another big mobile Dman with a nasty streak to pair with Fischer or Krons for the future.

KINGLEWOOD

Apr 6, 2003
INGLEWOOD, CA
Visit site
From what I know Konstantin Pushkaryov is about 2 years away from the NHL, this kid is a natural goal scorer and has a real good head on his shoulders. I saw an interview that the Rangers scouts had with him before the draft and this kid was a real character he had the balls to interupt the the scout and started asking him questions and then gave the scout advice by telling him the Rangers needed players who worked hard on both ends of the rink! damm was that funny.

Push definetly needs to add size to his 6'0 frame, he weighed in at 170 lbs. at the draft, if he can get up to around 190 or so and continue to develop hopefully we'll see him for many years in a Kings uniform.

Fantasywonder

Sep 30, 2003
Boston, MA, USA
Visit site
Loui Eriksson - Mega talented Swede who's been one of, if not *the* most impressive rookie in the SEL. Playing on the 4th line, getting limited icetime yet still knows how to produce and amaze till an impact degree at both ends. When the Stars grabbed him early in the 2nd, the first reactions where "who?" and got considered a reach, however, he now looks like a steal and more and more it looks like he should've went in the top 20. Currently ranked as a top 4 prospect in Sweden, and is the youngest one in the top 5. I've only heard one comparison so far, and while rather bold, his game resembles him the most, Peter Forsberg. With the Stars depth, I'd say another 2/3 years at least. Eriksson is only 18 or 19 right now.

Jason Bacashiua - Arguably one of the most, if not *the* most talented goalie prospect (besides Lehts and Fleury) in the world, but has not meet expectations due to consistant inconsistency. Comparison as well as rolemodel: Ed Belfour. Will be in the NHL next season in all likelyhood and be Turco's backup. If he ever gets rid of his biggest con (inconsistency), he could very well challenge Turco for top honours as the starter.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
thanks a lot guys... id also love it if a few more people could comment on the remaining guys, im glad to see such positive feedback on those players, thanks again.

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
Fantasywonder said:
Jason Bacashiua - Arguably one of the most, if not *the* most talented goalie prospect (besides Lehts and Fleury) in the world, but has not meet expectations due to consistant inconsistency. Comparison as well as rolemodel: Ed Belfour. Will be in the NHL next season in all likelyhood and be Turco's backup. If he ever gets rid of his biggest con (inconsistency), he could very well challenge Turco for top honours as the starter.

There are arguably near 10 goalie prospects as good or better than Cash right now.
Lehtonen, Fleury, Miller, Emery, Toivonen, Ouellet are IMO a clear cut above Cash, with Tellqvist, Ahonen and Harding all in the same range and possibly better. To claim he is 'one of the most talented goalie prospects in the world' is a gargantuan hyperbole (pun intended).

Cash's stock is dropping, pretty quickly. Even guys like Stephan and Ellis are catching up to him as he is putting up average numbers in the AHL after posting bad, to average, statistics last year. The potential is certainly still there, and there's plenty of time left for him to be sure, but his play has to start improving to justify such a glowing report.

Fantasywonder

Sep 30, 2003
Boston, MA, USA
Visit site
Voodoo Daddy said:
There are arguably near 10 goalie prospects as good or better than Cash right now.
Lehtonen, Fleury, Miller, Emery, Toivonen, Ouellet are IMO a clear cut above Cash, with Tellqvist, Ahonen and Harding all in the same range and possibly better. To claim he is 'one of the most talented goalie prospects in the world' is a gargantuan hyperbole (pun intended).

Cash's stock is dropping, pretty quickly. Even guys like Stephan and Ellis are catching up to him as he is putting up average numbers in the AHL after posting bad, to average, statistics last year. The potential is certainly still there, and there's plenty of time left for him to be sure, but his play has to start improving to justify such a glowing report.

I never ever said Cash was better than the likes of Lehtonen, Miller, Oulette, etc. I only said how rediculously talented he is. On pure talent he's among the top, but as a whole, he has a few shortcomings more. In particular his inconsistency.

That said, Cash hasn't improved much since the day of being drafted. He's still playing either amazing or like a dud. He was like this during his draft year and he is 2/3 seasons later. His value hasn't dropped one bit, but it hasn't increased either. He's 21 and still has plenty time left to start focussing on his consistency, cause if he can resolve that, he's gonna be a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad