Questions on CHL import draft????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1. Do they just order the teams from the 3 major jR. leagues (OHL,Q,Dub) in inverse to their point totals in the regular season,OR is their some order determined by a 3 yr rotation by league first system--ie. if say its the OHL's worst team getting to draft first this year,next to draft is worst team of one of the other leagues (whichever league's worst did not draft first last import draft),and third to draft is the worst from the league whose worst team drafted first last year..etc...
IF it is just based on inverse of total points for all 3 leagues combined--then I suppose it is possible one league might be so lopsided in a particular year it might have say 3 of its teams all having worse point totals than any team from either of the other 2 leagues and so one league could get the best 3 imports in that case,so I don't think that possiblity would be allowed...so i imagine it must go to the rotational system --anyway I know the Ottawa 67's have Oshawa's first pick in the import draft and it looks like Oshawa will be worst in the OHL--so if the OHL's worst is drafting in the #1 spot this year in the import draft,then Ottawa should be drafting first...

2. Who is the euro most likely to be drafted first in the CHL draft this year? Would someone like Kopitar,Bergfors or Frolik be likely to leave their euro teams or would Kopitar or Bergfors stay with the Sodertalje program if they were promised a roster spot on the SEL club instead of staying at the J-20 Super Elit level? Likewise if Frollik was promised a roster spot on a Czech Extraliga club instead of a Jr. squad there? Or do you think they would jump to a CHL Jr. club?

Lukko4

May 15, 2002
Montreal, QC
It is a reversal of the standings, and the league that hosts the Memorial Cup has the first overall pick, so this year it is the OHL.

this years' selection will be OHL, WHL, QMJHL.

As for who will be the first pick, it's really anyone's guess. It could be any player in the world, just depends on who that team has been talking to.

But from the people I have talked to, Kopitar will not come play Junior, he has a 3 year contract with Sodertalje and his agent believes that leaving Sweden (where he is assured of playing in the SEL next year) to come play Junior, would be a step down in his development. As for Frolik, there is a small possibility he would come, but it would be expensive and even at that, I dont think he would want to leave the pro lifestyle. Bergfors could be a wildcard. He is more or less guarenteed an SEL roster spot, but something tells me he might be interested in playing Junior...

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
I bet for David Skokan from Poprad, Slovakia. Actualy, he has nine months ban, so it makes no sense for him to stay in Slovakia.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
12# Peter Bondra said:
Maybe Tomas Marcinko from Kosice jrs could come over to Canada.
Marcinko is a sure bet to come over, IMO.

David Růžička from Kladno could possible come over. Sturdy defenseman.

Jiri Tlusty is definitely a sure bet to get drafted, whether he comes over or not, who knows.

Martin Latal, Tomi Stahlhammer and Juuso Puustinen are others.

After such a terrible year, you could possible see Zharkov and Gawlik come get drafted too.

BCCHL inactive

Ego said:
I bet for David Skokan from Poprad, Slovakia. Actualy, he has nine months ban, so it makes no sense for him to stay in Slovakia.

I'm not sure I would put it past the CHL to uphold his IIHF ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad