Question on some Q players

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just wondering how these guys are doing, some opinons on them and if you think they will be drafted next summer if there's a draft.

Alex Imbeault
Renaud Des Alliers
Benoit Doucet
David DeSharnais
Nathan Welton
Mathieu Aubin
Kevin Couglin
Jonathan Duchesneau
Francis Guerette Charland

Also heard that Mailhiot has retired, sorry to hear for him.

CH Wizard

montreal said:
Just wondering how these guys are doing, some opinons on them and if you think they will be drafted next summer if there's a draft.

Mathieu Aubin

Sorry.I just know something on Aubin.

I know He's doing well in the Q.

He's playing with Lewiston.If he continue to doing well like that , He will be drafted for sure.(He's a center)
Team GP G A PTS PIM +/-
Lew 20 8 16 24 10 6
I don't knwo about his style of play.I just watched him play like for 5 minutes.I think He has these kinds of stats because He's playing in the ''KILLER'' line (the Aubin-Bourret-Picard) line.Bourret and Picard are hellping him alot to produce offensively.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Alex Imbeault -- Playing well on the #1 line in Victo. Hasnt bad much help because of injuries to Doucet and Gurette-Charland.

Renaud Des Alliers -- Always thought he was overrated. Stone hands, can hit though.

Benoit Doucet -- Just got back from injury. Picking up points.

David DeSharnais -- Undersized, good offensive player, playing with good players.

Nathan Welton -- Still plays an offensive role on Defense. Playing well on the PP.

Mathieu Aubin -- Playing great for Lewiston, in all 3 zones and in the faceoff circle.

Kevin Couglin -- Overrated, doesnt do much, big body.

Jonathan Duchesneau -- Having a solid offensive year for BaC. Not much to work with though.

Francis Guerette Charland -- See Benoit Doucet. Both came back from injury last week.

Also heard that Mailhiot has retired, sorry to hear for him

Yup, that is what 7 concussions before age 19 will do to a person. Sad story.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Alex Imbeault -- Playing well on the #1 line in Victo. Hasnt bad much help because of injuries to Doucet and Gurette-Charland.

Renaud Des Alliers -- Always thought he was overrated. Stone hands, can hit though.

Benoit Doucet -- Just got back from injury. Picking up points.

David DeSharnais -- Undersized, good offensive player, playing with good players.

Nathan Welton -- Still plays an offensive role on Defense. Playing well on the PP.

Mathieu Aubin -- Playing great for Lewiston, in all 3 zones and in the faceoff circle.

Kevin Couglin -- Overrated, doesnt do much, big body.

Jonathan Duchesneau -- Having a solid offensive year for BaC. Not much to work with though.

Francis Guerette Charland -- See Benoit Doucet. Both came back from injury last week.

Also heard that Mailhiot has retired, sorry to hear for him

Yup, that is what 7 concussions before age 19 will do to a person. Sad story.

Thanks for the info, you the man! :yo: Where do you see Imbeault, Doucet and Aubin going in the draft if there's one.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
montreal said:
Thanks for the info, you the man! :yo: Where do you see Imbeault, Doucet and Aubin going in the draft if there's one.

Imbeault -- his draft year was last year. He is too much of a perimetre player. He is only 158 lbs and is 6'00 tall, not much of an NHL prospect.

Doucet -- He is 5'08 on a good day. A bit of a bull dog, but like Imbeault his draft year was last season.

Aubin -- I see Aubin going on the 1st day. Maybe 2nd round. He is a good NHL Prospect. Has size, 6'02 180, wins faceoffs and is scoring.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
Aubin caught my eye earlier this year, he has elite vision and playmaking ability IMO. He's also very responsible defensively and doesn't back down physicaly.

I wouldnt say Elite Vision...that should be reserved for guys like Crosby.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Imbeault -- his draft year was last year. He is too much of a perimetre player. He is only 158 lbs and is 6'00 tall, not much of an NHL prospect.

Doucet -- He is 5'08 on a good day. A bit of a bull dog, but like Imbeault his draft year was last season.

Aubin -- I see Aubin going on the 1st day. Maybe 2nd round. He is a good NHL Prospect. Has size, 6'02 180, wins faceoffs and is scoring.

Thanks, but all 3 guys are '86's so they can be drafted next summer. Guess Imbeault and Doucet will have a real hard time getting picked.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Freaky Habs Fan said:
MMM, noooooo! Crosby his a helle of a player but he's not the only one. There's many players in the NHL who have elite vision...not only Mario Lemieux!

But what im saying is a 2nd line player on Lewiston, does NOT have Elite Vision. Aubin is a good pro prospect for his overall game not his offensive game.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
montreal said:
Thanks, but all 3 guys are '86's so they can be drafted next summer. Guess Imbeault and Doucet will have a real hard time getting picked.

All are 86's but Imbeault and Doucet were available in 2004. Aubin was born September 18th, 3 days after the cut off so he is 2005.

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site

DesAlliers really benefitted from playing with Talbot and Daoust at the beginning of last year. That's how he got that many points.

On that note, he's a good physical player, but has been struggling offensively with Victoriaville. He was also injured for a bit this year.

As Lalaprise said, DesAlliers can hit, but the hands need improving :)

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
But what im saying is a 2nd line player on Lewiston, does NOT have Elite Vision. Aubin is a good pro prospect for his overall game not his offensive game.

A player can have elite vision and be on the second line...I don't get your point, sorry :dunno:

A defenceman can have Elite vision and get 5 points in a year...
Same thing for a goaler, he can have elite vision...you don't have to be a foward...

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Freaky Habs Fan said:
A player can have elite vision and be on the second line...I don't get your point, sorry :dunno:

A defenceman can have Elite vision and get 5 points in a year...
Same thing for a goaler, he can have elite vision...you don't have to be a foward...

Do you understand what the word ELITE means?? It means that only VERY few players have vision of that greatness. And i wouldnt put Aubin in that category. I wouldnt even put Bourret in that category.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
Do you understand what the word ELITE means?? It means that only VERY few players have vision of that greatness. And i wouldnt put Aubin in that category. I wouldnt even put Bourret in that category.

Though aubin can make crazy passes, I won't characterize his vision as elite, they're definitely first round material. As for Bourret, this type of player only comes around once every couple of years. I know he'll have a hard time in the NHL at first, but I'm pretty damn sure he'll be just as effective in the end.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
Though aubin can make crazy passes, I won't characterize his vision as elite, they're definitely first round material. As for Bourret, this type of player only comes around once every couple of years. I know he'll have a hard time in the NHL at first, but I'm pretty damn sure he'll be just as effective in the end.

I just looked at Bourret last night and Wow! this boy has impress me a lot, he fight, he score, he's physical! Even if Crosby made 4 points, this was the guy than the Rimouski fans had in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->