Question for Leafs fans

CalEh

Oct 28, 2017
Manhattan Beach, California
I'm a Leafs fan. Born in Toronto. I love them. I now live in Los Angeles.

I travel a ton and am lucky enough to be able to see the Leafs at a lot of away rinks. I'm starting to feel bad when Leafsnation takes over opposing rinks as it emasculates the fans of the home team.

Do any of you ever feel the same? Yes, it's great fun to go to Buffalo and let everyone know that Toronto is a vastly superior hockey team (and city), but have you ever felt bad about the fact that we're fans of the best team in sports and everyone else is a beta compared to us?

Reactions: FishManSam

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Ugh calling people beta is so beta

But I love having more home games than any other team

Reactions: Anthrax442

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I travel a ton and am lucky enough to be able to see the Leafs at a lot of away rinks. I'm starting to feel bad when Leafsnation takes over opposing rinks as it emasculates the fans of the home team.

Do any of you ever feel the same? Yes, it's great fun to go to Buffalo and let everyone know that Toronto is a vastly superior hockey team (and city), but have you ever felt bad about the fact that we're fans of the best team in sports and everyone else is a beta compared to us?

Do you happen to visit the misc?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
yes i feel sorry for opposing fans and i weep like a small child every time i here GO LEAFS GO when we're on the road

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
that could be the reason why we lose in buffalo all the time so yah possibly

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Wasn't for Canadians going to Sabres games, there would be no NHL franchise in Buffalo. Don't like "visitors" come to rink or arenas, the home team better sell more tickets to their fan base.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I've done games in:

Montreal - 4 times
Ottawa - 3 times
Buffalo - 2 times
Detroit, Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Anaheim, New Jersey, and Hamilton - 1 time.

In all those cases, if you are fun and friendly and behave properly, no one gives you a hard time at all.

There's nothing to feel bad about. Some teams like Florida, Carolina, and others rely on the snowbirds coming South for games to fill up their arenas.

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Besides seeing the Leafs in Tampa Bay, I have also seen the Blue Jays play the Rays in St. Petersburg and the Raptors play the Magic in Orlando. Just like the way Leafs fans travel there was a good number of Blue Jays and Raptors fans in both those games.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto

I love emasculating fans of other teams in their own building. It’s one of the joys of being a Leafs fan, that we’re in a position to actually be able to conquer other arenas with our sheer numbers. It makes them hate us even more.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I love emasculating fans of other teams in their own building. It’s one of the joys of being a Leafs fan, that we’re in a position to actually be able to conquer other arenas with our sheer numbers. It makes them hate us even more.
Whenever the Leafs play the Canadiens in Toronto there is a lot of Canadiens fans at the Air Canada Centre. My guess is they moved from Montreal to Toronto and remained loyal to the Habs. However when you see the number of their uniforms at our home games that's why I love it when the Leafs fans take over other arenas, especially in every other Canadian city.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC

How many times do you have to repeat this? I see you all the time on the main boards making dumb threads and then running away, while pages upon pages of vitriol are thrown against the Leafs.

I really doubt you are a Leafs fan at all.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
How many times do you have to repeat this? I see you all the time on the main boards making dumb threads and then running away, while pages upon pages of vitriol are thrown against the Leafs.

I really doubt you are a Leafs fan at all.

LOL. I thought there was something fishy about this thread.

Reactions: MapleLeafistan

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Check his post history...it's speaks for itself. Nowadays, people are pretending to be Leafs fans on the mainboards, so they can have an excuse to talk trash about the team. It's hilarious.

I have no desire to read a bunch of idiotic posts so I'll happily take your word for it. I feel sorry for people who hate us so much that they'll stoop so low to get people to turn against us. It's a shame too, there are some good posters in other fan bases that are interesting to talk to but they're hard to find amongst all the nonsense.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Here are some of this great works on the main boards...he insists on making these threads, only for people to s**t all over them.

These threads have no reason to be on the mainboards whatsoever...

Auston Matthews leaves game early after collision - upd: shoulder injury
Leafs Hypothetical

He also likes going to other boards, sucks up to them by showing how great they are and the Leafs suck, and comes up with the same tripe about him being a "Leafs Fan" that lives in "Sunny California".

Coming To Montreal

Leafs Fan Here in Peace (Tampa Bay)

He reminds me of ctcole77 on YouTube...a professional paid shill who has been commenting on all 9/11 related videos since 2008. Same exact mentality...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I have no desire to read a bunch of idiotic posts so I'll happily take your word for it. I feel sorry for people who hate us so much that they'll stoop so low to get people to turn against us. It's a shame too, there are some good posters in other fan bases that are interesting to talk to but they're hard to find amongst all the nonsense.
Stay out of the recent Matthews threads over there. It's basically a large sum of them holding hands in a circle singing kumbaya over his injuries.

Reactions: MapleLeafistan

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Some other weird quotes by "CalEh" on the Matthews thread he started...

Wow what hand-eye coordination he has. While 99.9% of players would consider that goal AM just scored as being lucky, AM deliberately deflected it off Leddy so it would go in net. You can't teach this stuff. He also scores the most meaningful goals. He's such a pleasure to watch play. I bet he could be in the MLB if he wanted.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-after-collision-upd-shoulder-injury.2453627/

PRAY FOR AUSTON.
He left the game injured. This is scary and sad. Fingers crossed he's okay.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...n-upd-shoulder-injury.2453627/#post-141958031

It's an injury and a lot of people are very upset about it.
If you don't have anything kind to say, please don't say anything at all.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2-26-18.2455805/page-2#post-142271967

UGH.
My night is ruined.
Going to go read a few verses. I'll check in later to see if there are any updates.
God bless you all.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...shoulder-injury.2453627/page-2#post-141961747

Thank you. I just lit a couple of candles. May do a stream on facetime...a little bit of a vigil if anyone is interested.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...shoulder-injury.2453627/page-2#post-141962641

Either this guy is trolling really hard or is part of some wacky Cali cult.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Stay out of the recent Matthews threads over there. It's basically a large sum of them holding hands in a circle singing kumbaya over his injuries.

Hahaha I don't doubt it. I only head over there when I'm really, really bored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad