Question about resumes...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So at what point is a job too old and far back to put on your resume? My friend wanted to put a part time contract job from 10 years ago on her resume, and I said it was a bad idea.

Then we realized if he didn't put that on there her resume for the last 10+ years would literally be blank. What would you suggest she do?

Sep 19, 2008
My friend Mr. P tried listening his freelance personal training work on his resume as if people cared about his non- work related interests.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
So at what point is a job too old and far back to put on your resume? My friend wanted to put a part time contract job from 10 years ago on her resume, and I said it was a bad idea.

Then we realized if he didn't put that on there his resume for the last 10+ years would literally be blank. What would you suggest she do?

What was the job 10 years ago and how did she survive for ten years unemployed?

Reactions: irunthepeg

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

Then we realized if he didn't put that on there her resume for the last 10+ years would literally be blank. What would you suggest she do?

In other words... "Hi my name is Ray and I am wondering if I should keep a part-time contract job on my resume from 10+ years ago".

Lmao

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Then we realized if he didn't put that on there his resume for the last 10+ years would literally be blank. What would you suggest she do?
Is your friend a hermaphrodite? You refer to your friend as "her" and "he". Anyways, sounds like your friend is either homeless or living off a significant other, either way, having a good resume is not needed.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
whoa there she!!??

"So at what point is a job too old and far back to put on your resume? My friend wanted to put a part time contract job from 10 years ago on her resume, and I said it was a bad idea.

Then we realized if she didn't put that on there her resume for the last 10+ years would literally be blank. What would you suggest she do? "

With all your free time, you'd think you would have learned to read by now.

Reactions: G F O P

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I think this person may want to put any non traditional employment work in his resume to pad it out a little.
Unnamed Internet Forum Moderator
September 2011-June 2016
Got my close friend who ran my moderator campaign banned, admitted to this, then six months later started lying about it again without ever coming up with a semi coherent version of events that exonerated me.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
I think this person may want to put any non traditional employment work in his resume to pad it out a little.
September 2011-June 2016
Got my close friend who ran my moderator campaign banned, admitted to this, then six months later started lying about it again without ever coming up with a semi coherent version of events that exonerated me.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
moderator campaign lmao

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
September 2011-June 2016

@SoupyFIN please pin this post. Thanks.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
September 2011-June 2016

Kji3d5x.png

member 157595

In my line of work, employment gaps on a resume are red flags unless you have a very good explanation (health concerns/pregnancy/etc). I used to be in a different (i.e. not at all applicable to my current career) line of work. I still list it on my resume in order to not leave employment gaps, but I certainly don't waste any more precious space on elaboration.

A ten-year employment gap is very significant, so I am assuming she had children or something (not that it's my business or anything).

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
In my line of work, employment gaps on a resume are red flags unless you have a very good explanation (health concerns/pregnancy/etc). I used to be in a different (i.e. not at all applicable to my current career) line of work. I still list it on my resume in order to not leave employment gaps, but I certainly don't waste any more precious space on elaboration.

A ten-year employment gap is very significant, so I am assuming she had children or something (not that it's my business or anything).

@G F O P does have a lot of children. I think @tonyhawks77 has a picture of his family he can share.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad