Question about Frolik/Kings :

Benchguy

Oct 10, 2005
Québec
Hi guys,
I read in different threads that there is no way Frolik will fall farther than the 11th overall pick.

People said that considering this was the Kings' spot.

I assume people say this considering the Kings past history in drafting (Tukonen in '04 and Kopitar in '05).

My question is, after two straight years of selecting High risk high rewards Euros (I remember seeing), don't you think they might go with a safer pick this year ???

I remember that last year, Kopitar was ranked 5th I think in the last CSS overall ranking for forwards, he was selected 11th. This year, Frolik is 8th IIRC, is there any chance he might actually slip like Kopitar, (ex: 6 spots) and end up being a Canuck ?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
There will be teams that probably love him and teams that hate him. I can see him slipping out of the top 10(depending on each teams list), but i don't think as far as 14th. Some team though might suprise and take him higher then 8.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
There is most definitely a chance.

Tukonen, Kopitar, and Brown were all ranked pretty highly, and they all fell for Dave Taylor to pick up. Dave Taylor is now gone, and Lombardi is the new GM. It's really dependent on what approach DL takes to change this team around, because the team DOES need an overhaul.

Given how Lombardi isn't shy about trading picks on draft day, we may see the Kings move up and pick up a player they're high on... OR, they may trade down (possibly to the Canucks) to snag a player they expect to fall. I know, saying "they may trade up or they may trade down" isn't exactly going out on a limb, but I honestly think it's an erroneous notion to say that Frolik won't fall past the Kings.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Nobody should be of the opinion that he won't slip past 11. As a scout that posts here said from the U18's, it wouldn't be a surprize to see him fall out of the top 15.

Also, this high risk high reward label is a misconception and should be changed to high risk medium reward. Even if everything turns around for him and falls into place, he's still not an offensive dynamo or anything. Those are huge 'if's.

Around here, people hear a name and no matter what happens in the two years between first hearing about the kid and draft day, they keep an opinion about him. The 'Frolik is a great prospect' reports are stale and expired. He's shown since the WJHC in 2004 that he's just not that good. He's done nothing in every single major tournament since then and may as well not even dress for his club team. Even right now he's being upstaged big time by Jiri Tlusty at the U18's.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Le Golie said:
Nobody should be of the opinion that he won't slip past 11. As a scout that posts here said from the U18's, it wouldn't be a surprize to see him fall out of the top 15.

Also, this high risk high reward label is a misconception and should be changed to high risk medium reward. Even if everything turns around for him and falls into place, he's still not an offensive dynamo or anything. Those are huge 'if's.

Around here, people hear a name and no matter what happens in the two years between first hearing about the kid and draft day, they keep an opinion about him. The 'Frolik is a great prospect' reports are stale and expired. He's shown since the WJHC in 2004 that he's just not that good. He's done nothing in every single major tournament since then and may as well not even dress for his club team. Even right now he's being upstaged big time by Jiri Tlusty at the U18's.

Those are hard words that not many would agree with.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some people have said that he is the Wild Card in this draft. No one knows where he will go, and some say he could fall out of the top 20

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Seph said:
My hunch is that Lombardi takes a D, one of Williams/Wishart at #11.
I watched both of them this week. Both are very similar in talent. I think Williams is a better skater but Wishart in more physical. Both need a lot of work on their defensive game. Wishart played a regular shift but Williams didn't play much due to the US team having some of the top D-men in this tourney. I wouldn't take either one in the top 15 but thats just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad