Question about Bauer Speed Plate insoles

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
Second pair of Speedplates, second pair with the right side cracked in the same spot. This time it took less than 3 months to crack.

I’m thinking I’ll go suoerfeet next time.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Second pair of Speedplates, second pair with the right side cracked in the same spot. This time it took less than 3 months to crack.

I’m thinking I’ll go suoerfeet next time.
Do you get better heel lock with Superfeet or the Speed Plate’s? I think I get better heel lock with Superfeet, but the Speed Plate’s feel way better.

pateman

Feb 22, 2017
Do you get better heel lock with Superfeet or the Speed Plate’s? I think I get better heel lock with Superfeet, but the Speed Plate’s feel way better.

Better heel lock with Superfeet for sure but Speed Plate fits way better, this is based on Bauer 1s skates.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Better heel lock with Superfeet for sure but Speed Plate fits way better, this is based on Bauer 1s skates.
I’m using the Jetspeed FT1’s with Speed Plate’s, but I may go back to Superfeet because there is no heel slippage, but Speed Plate’s feel better.

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
The only way I can think it would make a diff, is if the skates were baked with SF, then the ankle pocket would be set in way that if you used SP your ankle would be a bit below the pocket....alowing some heel movement...

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Yeah it's either that, or maybe the heel lift simply puts some ankles in better positions to be locked than without. Not sure I would bank on that as a good rule of thumb though haha.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I think the difference in thickness between SF and SP isn’t that drastic? Maybe it is. I just know that my heel is locked into place better with SF. SP feel way better, though. I did bake my skates with SF, though, so maybe a bake with SP would help? I don’t know.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Just ordered new skates, thinking about the speed plates, but they just don't sound very durable.
I’ve seen quite a few people posting that theres cracked. I haven’t had any issues at all. A few guys on my team use them, and they have no issues. I love them, but my heel isn’t locked in like it is with Superfeet. Maybe I will get them baked with the Speed Plate’s.

Last edited:

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I think the difference in thickness between SF and SP isn’t that drastic? Maybe it is. I just know that my heel is locked into place better with SF. SP feel way better, though. I did bake my skates with SF, though, so maybe a bake with SP would help? I don’t know.
Yeah you're supposed to.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Over a year ago, I bought Stable 26 socks and didn’t really like them. They come with inserts for better heel lock. I cut the inserts (2mm) in half and put them where my heel is in the skate and put the Speed Plate in and now it locks in my heel better.

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
Update:

Bauer has since released Speedplate 2.0.

I purchased them on a whim at Pure Hockey since my old Speedplate cracked again on the right side. The NEW Speedplate seems to be softer and hopefully more durable. I don’t think they’re necessarily as comfortable as the original Speedplate but I’ve only skated on them a handful of times yet so Ill give it a few months and see how they are at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad