Music: Queens of the Stone Age – In Times New Roman

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
I'm listening to Sicily on repeat right now, but the whole album's fantastic. No one does that heavy and ominous, but somehow restrained sound like them. Already got tickets to see them in August.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I’ve listened to it so many times already. Went to the midnight release party in Winnipeg where they were spinning it and picked up the CD. Don’t have a record player or would have splurged on one of the vinyls.

It’s a really good album. Raw at times but still so groovy. I am not skipping any songs and I feel a few of them stack up as some of their best. I will say the news of Josh’s cancer diagnosis last year really adds another layer to some of the songs especially Carnavoyeur. Thankfully it sounds like he is healthy now.

I'm listening to Sicily on repeat right now, but the whole album's fantastic. No one does that heavy and ominous, but somehow restrained sound like them. Already got tickets to see them in August.

Yeah. Sicily is right near the top for me. The “shhhh” into the second chorus with the strings gives me pure goosebumps. Hope like hell they announce something closer to me eventually. Dying to see them live again.

Killer username by the way. Kalopsia is such a trip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad