Quebec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
arrbez said:
Well, good to know (as I assumed he was)...but I'm pretty sure I didn't list him

You didn't, but I was going to. Then I remembered he's from NB...

Jim Motion12

Aug 24, 2005
quebec will never be seperated from canada, i live in quebec, we are more than 7 millions and only 144 000 person are participant in the bloc quebecois...

but i think we would have a good hockey team...

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Jim Motion12 said:
quebec will never be seperated from canada, i live in quebec, we are more than 7 millions and only 144 000 person are participant in the bloc quebecois...

but i think we would have a good hockey team...

Interesting how 49.42% of people voted for serperation as compared to the 50.58% that voted against seperation in the 1995 referendum. I mean IT WASNT EVEN close... and the referendum the Bloc Quebec promised as soon as they get elected (which they probably will given the antics of and disatisfaction with the Liberal government) is merely a formality. :sarcasm:

Hate to burst your bubble of living in Quebec and being ignorant... but seperation is a grave problem/possibility at the present moment.

PS: Hate to venture off hockey a tad, but this is what this makes this thread interesting, the emergance of a Quebec team in the near future is a possibility.

Dogbert*

Quebec's gonna have a lot more to worry about than their national hockey team if they split from Canada... like not going broke.

Jim Motion12

Aug 24, 2005
hey

really glad people know statistics about politics in this world...
your stats are damn right ... but it was a couple of year ago... things change and to have a referendum , Partie quebecois ,they will need to be elected... which is not done at all... So Mr. Stats if you want to know the latest... Liberal was 45%, parti quebec 31% and 23 % for adq... so please come on... seperation isnt done...

and it wont happen that quebec leaves canada, i mean until any other province move out before... the alberta situation is really interesting at the moment...

and i mean, dont think i am a ****in liberal, or damn concervator... but i am just realist... my comments would be different is Pq has a true leader like Pauline Marois instead of mister "i did nothing but i have more friends"

please never say i am ignorant... it's not because i dont have the same perception of polictics in quebec that i am ignorants... by saying that it seems you are afraid of difference... dotn be afraid if it has to happen, i wont wont be that sad and i'll buy a Qc international hockey jersey:) ...

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Personally, I dont want to see Quebec leave apart from hockey purposes.

I understand that Parti Quebecois will need to get elected (which is at this point a given), and then the referendum has to go in favour of seperation (depends).

COnsidering how close it has come in the past... and given the current situation, asserting that Quebec will NEVER seperate is a little ignorant :(

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
It would be a very, very sad day for me if Quebec did seperate, but not only do I love French Canadian hockey players and atheletes, I think Montreal is the best city in the world and Canada wouldn't be the same without it.

In my first Poly sci class though we learned a bit about the referendum, and it wasn't as close as it looked. A lot of people that voted to seperate didn't even realize that it meant becoming a whole new nation, there were lots of confusion as to what would happen if it was a yes majority.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Jim Motion12 said:
hey

really glad people know statistics about politics in this world...
your stats are damn right ... but it was a couple of year ago... things change and to have a referendum , Partie quebecois ,they will need to be elected... which is not done at all... So Mr. Stats if you want to know the latest... Liberal was 45%, parti quebec 31% and 23 % for adq... so please come on... seperation isnt done...

and it wont happen that quebec leaves canada, i mean until any other province move out before... the alberta situation is really interesting at the moment...

and i mean, dont think i am a ****in liberal, or damn concervator... but i am just realist... my comments would be different is Pq has a true leader like Pauline Marois instead of mister "i did nothing but i have more friends"

please never say i am ignorant... it's not because i dont have the same perception of polictics in quebec that i am ignorants... by saying that it seems you are afraid of difference... dotn be afraid if it has to happen, i wont wont be that sad and i'll buy a Qc international hockey jersey:) ...

Those numbers means squat right now. You got it right, Liberal GOT 45%, now Liberal got 70%+ of insatisfaction, a tad different. The ADQ is closer to the yes side than the no, if anything it still show those numbers were still closed 2 years ago.

And the main situation is by the time the last vote was done (10+ years) the 50+ years old were in a vast majority on the "no" side (especially 60+ in age). While the youngers just under 18 by that time were on the "yes" side. In this last referendum, i was at Cegep Bois-de-Boulogne which contained perhaps one of the highest level of ethicities in all french cegep, yet the result was at 61% for the yes.
The clock is running for the yes right now, there are now people over 50years that would actually be in favor of the "yes". I even know people from ethnic cultures who would be all for it (and the number a lot more higher than it was 10 years ago also).

While it's not a "case close", it's far from been a slowing movement. It's a close call right now. 2 weeks ago, there was results from a survey (was it in LaPresse? not sure) that gave the highest % for the yes they got ever, in the middle of a no-show 4 years by the liberals), it was in the 55+%, hardly a falling result).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->