Quarters matchups: 99% certain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

jekoh said:

The IIHF Council has determined the allocation and time for the February 22 Quarter-final and Semi-final games, in conjunction with TV rights holders' requests. The pairings are pre-determined by the IIHF Sport Regulations and they are applicable to all IIHF competitions.

Just like I said, TV determines everything!

Interesting that NBC only pushed the USA game back one timeslot....I guess they want people to be able to watch while they out for lunch (in the Eastern Time Zone at least...)

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
at this point, I don't know why someone would throw the game to face Switzerland. It's fairly obvious that the Swiss are a good team. I just hope Canada gets someone other than Russia for their next game.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
That would be perfect for Russia - beat US today, Canada in 1/4s, Finland, then Czechs. Exorcise the ghosts, pay homage to Nagano, repay the debt.
Ahem.. not the easiest path!

shawn_kemp*

[Finland vs. USA] vs. [Canada vs. Russia (50%)/Sweden(25%)/Slovakia(25%)]

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
It's funny how everyone is speculating that Sweden/Slovakia are trying to LOSE so they get to face the Swiss.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure Sweden was ecstatic about playing Belarus in the QF in 2002 also. That is until the game actually happened. :biglaugh:

yos

Feb 18, 2006
slovakia
svk win

most easiest win ever :shakehead
suchy with his first goal in slovak uniform

tommorow is The Day,bring those czechs :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad