Quarters matchups: 99% certain

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Canada is finishing off the Czechs; Swedes want to lose to get Switzerland instead of Canada, Slovaks want to win to get Czechs instead of Canada, so Russia-US outcome does not matter.

This means, with great probability at this point:
Slovakia-Czech
Russia-Canada
Sweden-Switzerland
US-Finland

ARE YOU READY???

Russia vs. Canada, with both teams beginning to roll - holy ****... you think we'll be seeing a lot of trapping?!! Somebody is going to get vaporized... At this point I don't care about the medals, there is no tomorrow after this game!!

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
I'm not so sure the Slovaks are too keen on facing the Czechs. I might be wrong, but they always seems to loose against them. So I don't think it's too unlikly with a Canada-Sweden quarter.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
Does anyone know how the second medal round works? Will the the teams be reseated, or will they follow their brackets?

NBC's website shows a brackets like this:

____.........______
____|-----|_____

The left side is like this:
A1/B4---
...........|
A2/B3---

The right side is like this (but I have reversed the direction):
B1/A4---
...........|
B2/A3---

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
David Puddy said:
Does anyone know how the second medal round works? Will the the teams be reseated, or will they follow their brackets?

If B2 go through, they will meet the winner of A1 v B4.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I think that if canada wins they are 2nd in front of the Swiss with this Tie (wrote lose)

Jaysus

Jul 28, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
David Puddy said:

____.........______
____|-----|_____

The left side is like this:
A1/B4---
...........|
A2/B3---

The right side is like this (but I have reversed the direction):
B1/A4---
...........|
B2/A3---

Brackets

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Garp said:
I think that if canada wins they are 2nd in front of the Swiss with this lose

I think not. The meeting between the teams is the first criteria to separate two teams.

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Yeah, I think the Slovaks would rather play Canada and not Czechs. Sweden will probably want to play Switzerland and if Sweden would tie the game with the Slovaks and Russia loses it will be the Russians playing Switzerland...

So I have NO idea how this will end so it's NOT 99% sure.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
shawn_kemp said:
Switzerland clinched the 2nd place already.
Are you sure of that, isn't the number of wins the first criteria (before Head to head machups)

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Garp said:
Are you sure of that, isn't the number of wins the first criteria (before Head to head machups)
No, that is only how it is in the NHL. If Slovakia and Russia get the same amount of points Slovakia will be #1 since they did beat Russia when they met.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Yeah, I got too far ahead of myself. I was judging based on how much better Canada looked than Czechs in the 1st, with that big lead; but now Canada just stopped playing... I thought Canada would show its true strength finally, and the Slovaks, seeing that, would rather see the Czechs, despite their history...

Sorry, folks... we'll see what happens :)

Jazz

Also:
Feb 22nd - Wednesday

* QF1 A1 - B4, 4:30pm CET (Espo) (FIN-USA)
* QF2 A2 - B3, 5:30pm CET (Palasport) (SUI-?)
* QF3 B2 - A3, 8:30pm CET (Espo) (?-?)
* QF4 B1 - A4, 9:30pm CET (Palasport) (?-?)

But, TV rules sports now, and since NBC has paided the highest amount for the broadcast rights fee, they have the right to put the USA game later on, if they choose.

HK32LM

Feb 21, 2006
Vienna
This means, with great probability at this point:
Slovakia-Czech
Russia-Canada
Sweden-Switzerland
US-Finland

These matchups look like the most probable scenario to me. Even If CZE equaled the game vs CAN, worse goal differential will put them on 4th spot. And Slovakia will definitly play for win tonight, no speculations, it is always prestige against Sweden and it does not really matter if we are playing against CZE or CAN in QF. Both teams are equally strong.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Jazz said:
Also:
Feb 22nd - Wednesday

* QF3 B2 - A3, 8:30pm CET (Espo) (?-?)
* QF4 B1 - A4, 9:30pm CET (Palasport) (?-?)

Are you sure of this? Because I'll be in the car between 2pm until 6:30pm so I'm hoping that team Russia will be B2 so that I can watch the game at 8:30pm.

Jazz

UPDATE after CAN-CZE game:
Feb 22nd - Wednesday

* QF3 B2 - A3, 8:30pm CET (Espo) (?-CAN)
* QF4 B1 - A4, 9:30pm CET (Palasport) (?-CZE)

But, TV rules sports now, and since NBC has paided the highest amount for the broadcast rights fee, they have the right to put the USA game later on, if they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad