Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Finland vs Canada
Sweden vs Germany
USA vs Latvia
Switzerland vs Czechia

Finland is favorites against Canada but Canada is Canada. NEVER count them out.

Cant see Sweden win over Germany. I would say its 90-10 % in favor to Germany.

USA should smash the latvians.

Czechia will win over the swiss.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It'll be tough for us no matter what but I thought we had the Swiss?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Finland vs Canada
Sweden vs Germany
USA vs Switzerland
Latvia vs Czechia

Finland is favorites against Canada but Canada is Canada. NEVER count them out.

Cant see Sweden win over Germany. I would say its 90-10 % in favor to Germany.

USA should smash the swiss.

Czechia will win over Latvia.
I agree, there are only two matches where there are clear favorites. USA and Germany, the rest is 50/50:allears:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I'd assume Sweden plays winner of Czechia-Switzerland. So anything but a GMG game for Sweden is now a disappointment.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think they reseed after quarters.

I'm not saying we beat the Swiss but hope we are not on a collision course with US if we do.

Swedes winning pool guarantees no US so I like their chances of finals against US right now.

I think US is on another level this particular tourney.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the Swedes are the second best team, and we'll probably get a Sweden-USA final after a Finland-Sweden, USA-Czech Republic SF. Hard to see anyone other than the Americans winning. It'd be a big upset if we didn't win, but I guess thats why the games are played. I thought Russia and USA were the two big favorites in this age group, and one was eliminated from competing, so that makes USA the big favorites. I've seen nothing in the Group rounds to change that opinion.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
outside of a good U18 Belarus team and an elite Russian one, no Slovak's as well. What amazes me is that despite a watered down pool the Czechs still got 2 Top 4 nations in round robin.lol

Canada over Finland
Sweden over Germany
Czechs over Swiss
US over Latvia

Closest game will be the first 2 as I expect Swiss to really focus on our top guys and shut us down. If they stay out of the box then they can easily beat us in a hard fought game. I took Canada over Finland because I think the Canadian team is just rusty and hasn't shown their full quality yet. It's a brutal quarter bracket for sure!

I think that would yield a US - Canada and Czech - Sweden semi but could be wrong.

Reactions: illone84

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Seeds:
#1 USA
#2 Sweden
#3 Finland (more points than Czech during group stage in the second place of the group comparison 6-5)
#4 Czech
#5 Canada

Seeding seems to indeed put Finland above Czechs so if the match ups are reseeded for semifinals as suggested in this thread, then we get these matches if the favorites hold their ground:

Finland wins against Canada:
USA-CZE semifinal
SWE-FIN semifinal

Canada wins against Finland:
USA-CAN semifinal
SWE-CZE semifinal

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
After round robin...

1651082008491.png

Reactions: Goodman68

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Seeds:
#1 USA
#2 Sweden
#3 Finland (more points than Czech during group stage in the second place of the group comparison 6-5)
#4 Czech
#5 Canada

Seeding seems to indeed put Finland above Czechs so if the match ups are reseeded for semifinals as suggested in this thread, then we get these matches if the favorites hold their ground:

Finland wins against Canada:
USA-CZE semifinal
SWE-FIN semifinal

Canada wins against Finland:
USA-CAN semifinal
SWE-CZE semifinal
At least Finland gets to dodge USA until Finals if they by some miracle manage to defeat both Canada and Sweden.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
At least Finland gets to dodge USA until Finals if they by some miracle manage to defeat both Canada and Sweden.

Yeah that's the reason I was checking how it actually is. It would've been really hard path to the gold or to the finals because clearly USA is the biggest favorite for the gold. It's better to face them in the final and hope that USA doesn't have their best day or something like that.

Reactions: Czechboy

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Looks like USA-CZE semifinal got the earlier time slot. Advantage to the teams that advance to the final and bronze games from this match. It's fair with USA being seed #1. Can't really complain.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Congratulations Yey of Ra for a successful tip. Maybe at least he bet on the house. Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad