SectionX said:
Thursday 12th may:

Russia vs Finland
Czech rep vs USA
Canada vs Slovakia
Sweden vs Switzerland

discuss.

Finland will beat Russia.
Switzerland will upset an over confident Swedish team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
U.S. is in tough against the Czechs. Which team will show up, the team that beat Sweden, or the team that lollygagged it against the Ukraine? Another question is: Will Conklin or DiPietro get the nod?

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
SectionX said:
Thursday 12th may:

Russia vs Finland
Czech rep vs USA
Canada vs Slovakia
Sweden vs Switzerland

discuss.

MY PREDICTIONS
Russia over Finland : Their offense will explode
USA over Czech Rep : Close game but US come out on top
Canada over Slovakia : Goaltending saves our ass and we win it in a close game
Sweden over Switzerland : Lundqvist makes the difference

reaper

May 1, 2005
I think all teams in the left column will win. Russia should beat Finland or maybe the lions have a big surprise for them and Russia is sloppy :) The chechs have great team and speed and shoud outfire USA, although if USA can play like against Sweden they have a decent chance. Canada vs Slovakia will be a real tight one, feels like Canada has the edge but Slovakia is always difficult to beat. Sweden should beat Switzerland unless they think they've already won the game or the D is totally out of the game. I'm confident we are better at scoring goals the question is if we can keep them from coming in our own net :D

BHLCommish

Apr 9, 2004
My prediction: Canada's top line gets shut down for the first time in the tournament by Chara and a great Slovakian offense rips it up against our defense which has looked very very poor.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
reaper said:
I think all teams in the left column will win. Russia should beat Finland or maybe the lions have a big surprise for them and Russia is sloppy :) The chechs have great team and speed and shoud outfire USA, although if USA can play like against Sweden they have a decent chance. Canada vs Slovakia will be a real tight one, feels like Canada has the edge but Slovakia is always difficult to beat. Sweden should beat Switzerland unless they think they've already won the game or the D is totally out of the game. I'm confident we are better at scoring goals the question is if we can keep them from coming in our own net :D

The Czech's really haven't "outfired" anyone (except for Slovakia).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I might have to tune in to the Slovakia/Canada match. They should be much more of a challenge that the Ukraine, who gave Canada a bit of a scare today and had quite a few scoring chances.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
I like it. Finns are the underdogs and that's when they play their best hockey... although if they don't step it up form earlier games then they're outta here

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Swiss > Sweden
CZ > US
Canada > Slovaks
Rusha > Finns

Sweden are the big underdogs here...I hope they can win though (wich is not likely)

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Will the US be going with Dipietro or Conklin?

I think the US, Russia, Sweden and Canada will make up the final four.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Finland will send Russia home.
Sweden will beat the Swiss but it's gonna be a tough matchup ... expect OT or even SO.
Czechia will teach the USA how hockey is meant to be played.
Canada will probably advance, unless Slovakia gets 5 powerplay chances or more.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
SectionX said:
Thursday 12th may:

Russia vs Finland
Czech rep vs USA
Canada vs Slovakia
Sweden vs Switzerland

discuss.
The Finns are barely alive...offensively flacid...their defence has kept them in the tournament,but barely...The Russians are fortunate to play them in the quarters. Russia will win this game.
The Americans are probably under-rated...but The Czechs will be on top of there game...Czechs win this one.
Sweden has been the benefactor of weak opposing goaltending on more than a couple occasions this tourney. The perfect under-dog to upset Team Sweden is The Swiss to be sure...Gerber allows Switzerland to play for goalscoring...and that will shock the Swedes who fancy themselves a "high octane offensive juggernaut"...Swtizerland will take this game down to the wire...and if its their lucky day...they will win.
IMO Slovakia is a favorite over Canada...I have heard nothing but steadiness from the Slovaks...Palffy is not far behind Nash as the tourneys best offensive force...and Slovakia hasn't served anything worse than a "B-" on thier report card to this point...they have been consistent if not spectacular. As a team Canada does NOT look ready for this game...so they must pull off an upset,they need Brodeur to have his best game and a shooter to emerge in this game with a big performance. I think Brodeur will pull us through...and hopefully inspire this team as they are on the verge of "caving in".

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I'm really surprised that Russia and Sweden won their respective groups. They also met in the Eurohockey tour finals last month ... intresting.

Kain

Mar 10, 2005
On the Road...Again
May 12

Vienna: Czech Republic vs. USA, 16.15
Vienna: Russia vs. Finland, 20.15

Innsbruck: Canada vs. Slovakia, 16.15
Innsbruck: Sweden vs. Switzerland, 20.15

They have the times up now too. There goes my Friday morning :cry:
I think it will be USA, Russia, Canada, Sweden. Someone said the ice in Vienna was terrible. I guess the Finns will soon find out...

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
wilka91 said:
I'm really surprised that Russia and Sweden won their respective groups. They also met in the Eurohockey tour finals last month ... intresting.
I'm surprised too, especially since they haven't played well together as a team but have limped through some games often outplayed, only to succeed on a few breaks.

They both will get bounced in the quarters. :jump:

Semi-finalists will be: Finland, Switzerland, Czech, Slovakia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad