GDT: Quarterfinal - May 17 - USA vs Czech Republic

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You're complaining about 'no calls'.. did you see what you guys did to Jaskin in the first 2 minutes? Dude looks like Rocky after that high stick.

that was a horrible missed call as well..but you cant keep grabbing guys/interfering out there nearly every drive...it is being allowed

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Nice 3 powerplays to 0 and two of the most blatant non calls I've seen this year.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Larkin needs an anti rabies shot. The hell gets you so worked up with 10 secs left in the second lol
It was Sulak.. his, maybe, future Red Wing's teamate.lol Training camp will be awkward. I hated Sulak last year.. this year I absolutely love the guy!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Beauty period by the Czechs... Francouz (who I am very critical of starting) had a beauty period and kept us in it especially after we got first goal. If States scored there we were in a lot of trouble. We got some goals which is awesome. Need to focus more on defence and stopping 88 and 89 lines... States have unbelievable offence and that should be our top priority. Counter attack and more counter attack IMO.

We have yet to be called for a penalty. I realize the US fans think this is crazy... I've seen non calls going both way personally. However, eventually this very skilled US team will suck us into a penalty and they have a phenom powerplay (ridiculous actually!). We need to be very careful.

I called a 1 goal game, stack our 3 Centres and Necas on wing and Rittich in net. Most of that is happening. Shorten the bench for third... double shift the David's (Jaskin doesn't look very good... I'd even toss Necas on that line for a shift or two).

2-2 tie is awesome for the Czechs. They've played 5 very close games in this tourney so far and are good at this sort of thing. They're obviously pissing the States off which is to their advantage as well. Murphy's stupid penalty was a good example. State's can't fall for that shit. If you want to hit Sulak.. dump it in his side and run him over.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
yeah it was pretty bad, but **** it refs are calling it one way so do everything you can...can't blame em

Did you notice Sulak's lip was cut? Stick went through his jersey and in his face. I won't deny he went in looking for a penalty and embellished... but you should be more mad at Murphy for having his stick at his face level! Murphy should've pushed him or grabbed his jersey and rag dolled a bit. Total stupid move on his part... after the whistle, in his own zone and he has his stick in the face of an opposing player skating towards him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Did you notice Sulak's lip was cut? Stick went through his jersey and in his face. I won't deny he went in looking for a penalty and embellished... but you should be more mad at Murphy for having his stick at his face level! Murphy should've pushed him or grabbed his jersey and rag dolled a bit. Total stupid move on his part... after the whistle, in his own zone and he has his stick in the face of an opposing player skating towards him.
it is Murphs fault for using his stick, but that shit happens all game long in the NHL, but Sulak over acted like a soccer play, it was pretty bad like he got punched by Tyson lol..

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I havent seen soccer players taking a stick up the chest and neck/head, but hey, maybe MLS is something different.

Hilariously dumb pike move to do in an elimination game though

Reactions: lilidk

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
it is Murphs fault for using his stick, but that **** happens all game long in the NHL, but Sulak over acted like a soccer play, it was pretty bad like he got punched by Tyson lol..

to the ref's credit they called it slashing not high-sticking. now we're perhaps even for that missed call on Jaskin :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->