GDT: Quarterfinal - May 17 - Russia vs Canada

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I would be calling anyone out regardless of nationality that would use that Word towards a player representing their country. Poor game or not.

Call it a lecture if you will, i dont think common sense should be called a lecture though.
I agree disgrace is too strong a word.

It's just a hockey game.

However, criticism is justified and fine, that's what fans do.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
How could you Come to that conclusion from anything I wrote?

You dont call someone a disgrace for having a bad game. Thats all.

Last time I checked people are entitled to their opinions and can call any player anything they want after a bad performance from them. Kuemper was miserable in this game, it was indeed a pathetic level of goaltending. No need to take it so personally. With quality goaltending this is a much more decisive win for Canada.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Last time I checked people are entitled to their opinions and can call any player anything they want after a bad performance from them. Kuemper was miserable in this game, it was indeed a pathetic level of goaltending. No need to take it so personally. With quality goaltending this is a much more decisive win for Canada.
You should see the posts from last year after the loss to the Swiss calling Picard the worst keeper in a decade and not to play him another minute. It was quite the pile on.... but it was wrong.

I think they might regret not going with McElhinney in the medal rounds but what's done is done. He was better than Kuemper in the round robin and got shelled in what was probably Canada's worst defensive period of the tourney and they decided to make the switch. Doesn't look like a great decision so far.

Best to get behind Keumper if they are sticking with him. He did make a few good saves today.

SeattleSportsFan

May 1, 2018
Lol I forgot his username but he was telling me that Canada had no chance beating Russia. I bet he was surprised to see Canada win!

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Kaprizov's contact was a penalty. Maybe he could have got away with it, if the ref didn't whistle no one would have been considered it a scandal, especially during the OT of an elimination game, but it was good two minutes. Too bad for the loss.

Stop being a homer! The contact was of two players contesting for the puck near the boards 50 feet from the goal. When no one is disadvantaged, and you make that call anyway, then it is fair to give credit for the victory to the Finnish referee!

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm sure it's been mentioned many times, but really Canada? We don't have better available goalies than this?

A couple of the Russian Goals should have been saves, if Canada had a better goaltender in the pipes. Cannot believe we could not have gotten anything better than the guys we have in net.
Cheer up Russia- you still have your Olympic Gold Medal (even though it was not a best on best tournament).

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think that it was money well spent for the Canadian Federation to pay off the American referee with most of the world watching such a prestigious game. A loss would surely have sent billions of Canadians into riots in the streets from Happy Valley Goose Bay to Seattle!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Stop being a homer! The contact was of two players contesting for the puck near the boards 50 feet from the goal. When no one is disadvantaged, and you make that call anyway, then it is fair to give credit for the victory to the Finnish referee!

lol, he's a Russian fan.

A reasonable one at that.

You are always whining about reffing or something else conspiracy when your team loses to Canada, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

There is never an exception.

No one takes you seriously on stuff like this anymore, it's so obvious that you aren't genuine in your assessments of games involving these 2 nations.

You're embarrassing yourself, just stop.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
McDavid is awesome.

Nuge very good.

RoR and Vlasic pretty good as well.

Everyone else needs to step up for next game for Canada

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
How could you Come to that conclusion from anything I wrote?

You dont call someone a disgrace for having a bad game. Thats all.

I think the harsh words are due in part that as Canadians were are kind of sick of having the worst tenders in these tournaments for a vast majority of the time the last few years. The world juniors have been a horror show and that fact that we could not even get one semi starter to come over here for the tournament.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Easily a penalty when they showed the replay. Nurse is the trailer and Mcdavid feeds him the puck. Russian player puts his stick horizontally against the body which is automatically a hook and he whacked Nurses hands for good measure.

Reactions: jbobell98

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Was watching the game without the sound and doing a lot of things in the same time.
tough loss. ot loss. 3 PPs + a gift offered on the Turris goal.

Wondering what the russians (haters of the national team) have to say now about the roster. Mikheev, Barabanov, Andronov all scored against the super nhl stars.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Was watching the game without the sound and doing a lot of things in the same time.

Wondering what the russians (haters of the national team) have to say now about the roster. Mikheev, Barabanov, Andronov all scored against the super nhl stars.
The bottom 6 performed well. The so called leaders didn’t show up this game.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Close enough for me!!

missed the game. surprised we pulled it out. wasn't expecting a W. I'm still checked out of this tourney, but if the good guys make the final I'll check back in.

saw the highlights. Connor McDavid's girlfriend is hotter.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
missed the game. surprised we pulled it out. wasn't expecting a W. I'm still checked out of this tourney, but if the good guys make the final I'll check back in.

saw the highlights. Connor McDavid's girlfriend is hotter.

Hotter then that?

She must be something else then.

Oh, and you should be checked in NOW, in fact you should have never checked out..........................if Phil Esposito had of checked out in 1972 our history would have been far poorer for it.

This team needs your support, time to jump onboard win or lose.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You’re too pessimistic. It’s Russia and an elimination game, Canada will turn up the heat. Russia has the worst roster since mid 2000, so on paper Canada is s massive favorite.

Proven right...

What I witnessed earlier in the tournament wasn't encouraging...

Glad I was wrong... :thumbu:

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

sometimes the super NHL stars win big and sometimes it's close but they win.

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I think that it was money well spent for the Canadian Federation to pay off the American referee with most of the world watching such a prestigious game. A loss would surely have sent billions of Canadians into riots in the streets from Happy Valley Goose Bay to Seattle!

it seems like the Canadian Federation as you call it has been paying Refs for years.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017

True, they did score on a top 5 NHL Goaltender, very impressive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->