Quarterback movement rumor thread

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I have never been the biggest fan of Wilson, and have always found his hype to be annoying.

He gets carried to a Super Bowl by a defense that is considered by many to be one of the best defenses of all-time.

This got him an ego that is bigger than his abilities.

Then he throws an interception on the goal-line to cost his team a Super Bowl, and all everyone focusses on is Pete Carroll not handing the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

If he wasn't the media's "golden boy" and was someone like Peyton Manning, he would still be getting crucified for being "un-clutch" and a choker. You still hear stories about how Manning used to "choke" against teams in the playoffs while he was with the Colts, despite the fact his team's defense was garbage all those years. Wilson gets no such criticism even after making a boneheaded play (a truly elite QB should have been able to see the play unfolding; it is clear on the replay that he was throwing it into a converging double-coverage and he shouldn't have tried making that throw).

Wilson takes a huge contract that has the result of making the team around him weaker, and now he wants to complain that he doesn't have enough help?

He has just always rubbed me the wrong way, and I have always though he has been coddled and protected by those in the media.

Reactions: fin8

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have never been the biggest fan of Wilson, and have always found his hype to be annoying.

He gets carried to a Super Bowl by a defense that is considered by many to be one of the best defenses of all-time.

Then he throws an interception on the goal-line to cost his team a Super Bowl, and all everyone focusses on is Pete Carroll not handing the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

If he wasn't the media's "golden boy" and was someone like Peyton Manning, he would still be getting crucified for being "un-clutch" and a choker. You still hear stories about how Manning used to "choke" against teams in the playoffs while he was with the Colts, despite the fact his team's defense was garbage all those years. Wilson gets no such criticism even after making a boneheaded play (a truly elite QB should have been able to see the play unfolding; it is clear on the replay that he was throwing it into a converging double-coverage and he shouldn't have tried making that throw).

Wilson takes a huge contract that has the result of making the team around him weaker, and now he wants to complain that he doesn't have enough help?

He has just always rubbed me the wrong way, and I have always though he has been coddled and protected by those in the media.
Wilson just won NFL Man of the Year, so I would re-evaluate his ego and such

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Come on now, Peyton Manning is the prime example of a "Golden Boy" adored by the media.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

If you saw the Super Bowl and Mahomes running for his life a second after taking the snap, that's been the way for Wilson for several of his years in Seattle. The OL, often doesn't even give him a chance to execute the called play.

Combination of the OL and offensive scheme. They like to pound the rock and hope to take shots. Taking shots requires the OL protection to hold up. If it doesn't then you can't execute a longer developing play.

I've heard Chris Simms criticize the Hawks play calls in terms of their routes to be very basic in their concepts. They don't create schemes that allows their guys to get uncovered more easily, thus making easier throws for the QB. That's been an issue.

If you look at the OL over the years, Seattle has drafted Britt in round 2, but it took him until year 3 to find his position at C and he played well from that point forward. Ifedi was a OT but wasn't that good for a round 1 pick. Took a guy Rees Obijamboo in round 3 who was an OT in college but couldn't play that in the NFL and didn't have the girth to play G. They drafted a Guard in round 4 who didn't do much for them, but moved onto Indy and has been good for them. So, coaching and scheme might be an issue. Drafted Pocic, but that year they had Ramcyzk sitting at their spot and passed on him to take McDowell a DT who never played for them. That one hurt as he has been an excelled RT. They recently drafted Lewis at RG. And they did trade a #2 & #3 for Brown.

Criticism is fair of the team. Brady would be cursing out the OL & coaches if he had Seattle's line over the years vs the ones he had in NE and TB.

But, Brady takes less money, so that's something that he and Wilson differ on. Which is huge.

Media gives Brady credit for bringing in Gronk, Brown, Fournette. But, they didn't count much against the cap. That's much different than trying to bring in the top OL in free agency.

OL has been better since they moved off Cable 3 years ago.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Pittsburgh won't start him, he'll start somewhere else.
No matter what, similar to Brees and Brady there will come a time when they have to eat dead cap when the QB is no longer on the team due to all of the salary restructuring they have done.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why are they not committing to him as starter? He is still good so there is no need to force him out

They are in position given his age to draft someone if they like and wait a year or two

No need to force Ben out right now

Reactions: Babe Ruth

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why are they not committing to him as starter? He is still good so there is no need to force him out

They are in position given his age to draft someone if they like and wait a year or two

No need to force Ben out right now
His cap number is $41 mill for next season under his current contract.

Probably the main reason from Pitt POV to be this non committal. As they need to restructure his contract. But want it on their terms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad