Quality prospects that still need to be signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

elphy101

Nov 8, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
I'm just starting this thread to try and get an Idea of which players still need to be signed by today or else they will either re-enter the draft or become UFA's.

So far the only names that come to mind are R.J Umberger(NYR), Derek Meech(DET), and Darren Reid(TB)

Last edited:

leafaholix*

EroCaps said:
The Caps are close to signing Jakub Klepis, Tomas Fleischmann, and Jonas Johansson.
As cagney brought to my attention in the other thread, Fleischmann and Johansson were drafted out of Europe... there is no deadline on them.

n00dles

Dec 13, 2003
Germany
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
As cagney brought to my attention in the other thread, Fleischmann and Johansson were drafted out of Europe... there is no deadline on them.
But maybe they want them to fill their depleted forward lines with these prospects.

Is there any deadline to sign european players so that they are eligible for the next NHL season ?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Leafaholix said:

From what I have heard now that they have been playing a couple years in Canadian Juniors the deadline does apply to them regardless of their being drafted from Europe.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
n00dles said:
But maybe they want them to fill their depleted forward lines with these prospects.

Is there any deadline to sign european players so that they are eligible for the next NHL season ?

Since they've(Fleischmann, Johannsen) played in NA the last couple of years they do need to be signed or they reenter. Klepis does not have to be signed but McPhee likes him and wants to get him signed. Max II signed last week. Haven't heard anything about Wellar or Krestonvich(sp?) doubt they get deals.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I would say that Michael Lambert, drafted by the Canadiens, and not signed, is a pretty good propect.
I am kind of surprised that they did not yet move on him.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Capitals Sign Jonas Johansson, Tomas Fleischmann

WASHINGTON, D.C. - June 1, 2004 – The Washington Capitals signed right wing Jonas Johansson (YOH-nus yoh-HAHN-suhn) and left wing Tomas Fleischmann (TAW-mash FLIGHSH-muhn) to three-year contracts, announced vice president and general manager George McPhee. Fleischmann and Johansson join Steve Eminger, Alexander Semin, Boyd Gordon and Maxime Daigneault as players selected in the 2002 Entry Draft to sign with the Capitals. Per club policy, financial terms of the deals were not disclosed.

“We were able to sign the two players we were hoping to sign,†said McPhee. “They are both very exciting young talents and, along with our numerous other young assets, make the future of this organization very bright.â€

Selected by Colorado in the first round, 28th overall, in the 2002 Entry Draft, the Capitals obtained Johansson’s rights from the Avalanche along with Bates Battaglia in exchange for Steve Konowalchuk and the Capitals’ third-round choice in the 2004 Entry Draft on Oct. 22, 2003. Fleischmann’s rights were acquired from Detroit, where he was the Red Wings’ second-round choice, 63rd overall, in the 2002 Entry Draft. Along with Fleischmann, the Capitals also acquired Detroit’s 2004 first-round draft choice and their 2006 fourth-round draft choice in exchange for Robert Lang on Feb. 27, 2004.

Johansson, 20, spent last season with Kamloops of the Western Hockey League, tallying 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points in 72 games, ranking fourth on the team in scoring. He also appeared in five playoff games, recording two goals and two assists. In two seasons with Kamloops, the 6’2â€, 190-pound native of Jonkoping, Sweden, has totaled 28 goals and 44 assists for 72 points in 98 games.

Prior to his North American career, Johansson spent parts of three season with HV 71 of the Swedish junior league, scoring 34 goals and 30 assists in 62 games. He also appeared in five games for HV 71 Jonkoping in the Swedish Elite League during the 2001-02 season.

Fleischmann, 20, recorded 33 goals and 42 assists for 75 points in 60 games for Moose Jaw of the WHL last season, ranking second on the team in goals, assists and points. In 10 playoff games for the Warriors, the 6’, 185-pound native of Koprivnice, Czech Republic, added three goals and four assists. In 125 career games for Moose Jaw, he tallied 54 goals and 92 assists.

During the 2003-04 season, Fleischmann also represented the Czech Republic in the World Junior Championships, recording two goals and two assists in seven games while helping his team to a fourth-place finish.

SwOOsh*

Where does everyone think Patrick Jarrette will be draft (since it looks like he is going to be re-entering)

Vic Rattlehead*

McDonald19 said:
Tim Brent-looks like he has not been signed by Anaheim.

Does he look like a 2nd rounder for this years draft?
If he does go back in the draft, I really hope the Bruins would be lucky to snag him at the end of the third round, but it looks unlikely. :banghead:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
According to TSN.ca, Brent wasn't signed, and will go back into the draft.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Seachd said:
According to TSN.ca, Brent wasn't signed, and will go back into the draft.

do u have a link where it says that? or are u just saying that he wasnt in their transactions list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->