Qualifying Offers

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Please note that all qualifying offers for pending RESTRICTED free agents are due by Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, midnight EST.

As a reminder, QO's are 1 year in length and must be as follows:
Players earning $450,000-$1,000,000 will be entitled to QO at 110% of prior year's salary;
Players earning >$1,000,000 will be entitled to QO at 100% of their prior year's salary.

This date also represents the cut-off for offers for pending UFA's. All outstanding offers will be responded to in the next 24 hours

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
FREE Agency YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Are all QO sent in to Reggie???

... and by the way... I'm looking forward to this free agency season.. anyone else????

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Question

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Please note that all qualifying offers for pending RESTRICTED free agents are due by Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, midnight EST.

As a reminder, QO's are 1 year in length and must be as follows:
Players earning $450,000-$1,000,000 will be entitled to QO at 110% of prior year's salary;
Players earning >$1,000,000 will be entitled to QO at 100% of their prior year's salary.

This date also represents the cut-off for offers for pending UFA's. All outstanding offers will be responded to in the next 24 hours

How about players that made less than $450,000 last season? I assume they need to be qualified at 110% of $450,000 (new min. salary), but I may have missed this somewhere...

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
and another thought:

Where RFA's have salaries below the new minimum (450K) - do we make the QO 450K (where the increase is more than 110%) - or do we make the QO 450K + 45K = 495K?

Thanks

Matthew

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
HFNHL Flames said:
and another thought:

Where RFA's have salaries below the new minimum (450K) - do we make the QO 450K (where the increase is more than 110%) - or do we make the QO 450K + 45K = 495K?

Thanks

Matthew

Great minds think alike, Matt ;)

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Clarification

Do teams need to submit Qualifying Offers to players that already have offers on the table?

ie I've offered Scott Gomez a lot more than 100% of last year's salary earlier in the year. Do I have to submit a QO in this case? And is there any advantage/disadvantage in the QO being more than the minimum required?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
A few points of clarification...

Send the offers to Reggie.

For players making less than the new league minimum and where a 10% raise QO is still less than the league minimum of $450,000, a QO of $450,000 is acceptable (so you don't have to offer $495,000).

And to clarifiy for past offers, they do not count as qualifying offers. Using Gomez as an example, he has not received a QO to date, because a QO must be one year in length.

If you would like to tender a one year offer for MORE than 10%, that is fine and will qualify. The details of whether an offer will be accepted are on a case by case basis and depend on their current contract, production, years until free agency etc.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Flames said:
Are all QO sent in to Reggie???

... and by the way... I'm looking forward to this free agency season.. anyone else????

I'm sure we all are, to varying degrees, Matt. I know I've got a gaping hole on D I'm going to have to fill, somehow (damn you, Reggie!!!! :madfire: ;) )...

Uunless I'm misinterpreting Reggie's note, the July 5th cut-off is for submissions to players whose rights we currently hold. The open market will presumably be a date that follows shortly afterwards, once Reggie has been able to update the lists to reflect people's final re-signing decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad