QMJHL vs Russian Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticallion961

Mar 27, 2003
Nova Scotia
Decent game thus far.

Crosby has been good, been backchecking hard on a few occasions.

Talbot's been great, Bernier as well. Steve that is.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Over
6-3 for the Q

Goal :
M-A Bernier
A.Picard
R.Ruggeri
B.Gervais
?????????
?????????

Russie
Kotevnikov ( 2 )
???????????

Dr_Chimera*

Cayouche5 said:
3assists for Crosby and Alsmost 2goals but Barulin looks Great

Man, Crosby got some generous points... Very generous - looked good, but I've seen better from him.

[ GSGS ]

Mar 2, 2002
Rimouski, Quebec, Ca
I assisted to the game and it was so so. The first period was a LHJMQ's domination while in the second Russia came to life. Barulin kept the Russian in it in the first.

Crosby was overrated in that game. He didn't do anything special and got second passes for his points. But what a breakaway in the end! Barulin was lucky to see the puck stayed on the red line :). I was disapointed with the ice time some Russian players got. I would have like to see Vladislav Evseev more, especielly since he looked quite aggressive to reach loose pucks.

JF Jacques made alot of body contacts. It looks like that he only shows that game when it's an important one. Picard showed alot of speed and his skating is excellent. He was possibly the fastest skater out there. IMO he should have been the player of the game for Quebec's team.

And what about the two wristers from Kojevnikov! :eek:

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
[ GSGS ] said:
I assisted to the game and it was so so. The first period was a LHJMQ's domination while in the second Russia came to life. Barulin kept the Russian in it in the first.

Crosby was overrated in that game. He didn't do anything special and got second passes for his points. But what a breakaway in the end! Barulin was lucky to see the puck stayed on the red line :). I was disapointed with the ice time some Russian players got. I would have like to see Vladislav Evseev more, especielly since he looked quite aggressive to reach loose pucks.

JF Jacques made alot of body contacts. It looks like that he only shows that game when it's an important one. Picard showed alot of speed and his skating is excellent. He was possibly the fastest skater out there. IMO he should have been the player of the game for Quebec's team.

And what about the two wristers from Kojevnikov! :eek:

Appreciate the first-hand game report and, especially, info on Evseev!

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
MartinStLouis said:
wait there are 2 alexandre picard's that played for the QMJHL vs. Russians. Is this right or am i seeing things? are they related, am i drunk?

That's crazy talk!
2 Alexandre Picards?
I'm sure if they were cloning, they would got Crosby first....

yes there are, one on D and one is a F

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Kojevnikov came out of nowhere to blow everyone away at the prospects camp in Chicago. And then performed well at the big camp with NHL'rs(okay semi NHLrs in chicago :cry: ).....

This kid is big, has a rocket shot- and can really skate. He dominated rookie camp- and if he didn't get injured would have been at Norfolk at a minimum.. Most of hawk fans who pay attention to these things were shocked he didn't go to norfolk anyway...

He could very well skip norfolk next year and play with the hawks. He was that impressive IMO.

Has a bit of the Sergei Berezin disease- but he doesn't mind taking the body- or getting hit... so we're hoping he has a bit more to offer.

A lot of people in chicago were furious over that pick in the 3rd round(well the hockey dorks I know anyway)... Supposedly Smith made the call to draft him after only seeing a video of a single period of his play(he trusted Bill Lesuk that much- who said that the kid was a no doubt 1st round ability player).

-fullmetalninja

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Dr_Chimera said:
Man, Crosby got some generous points... Very generous - looked good, but I've seen better from him.

But the Russia took at least 2 penalty on Crosby...

Crosby always use his second effort...

Crosby always backchecking... Al least three time he create a giveaway... P.S: It's him who stole the puck and the reverse.. i duuo if giveaway is the right time for explain that..

He create some scoring chances for his teammates and himself..

Of cours,he got three second assists but it's was only a reward for his strong play all the night.. and he probably got a lot of better night than today. (His 4th in a short time..)

But man.... HOW CAN YOU BE DISSAPOINTED WHEN A GUY GOT THREE POINTS ANS ALMOST 5 when HE IS ONLY 16th....??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->