QMJHL Rosters building for 2016/2017

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Here are some players that have a more than reasonable chance of making the Eagles next season.

Emmanuel Proulx (RW)
David Caza (LW)
Sacha Roy (D)
Alexis Sansfaçon (D)
Vincent Dubuc (G)
Drake Batherson (C)
Logan O’Neill (LW)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Really hope Greer is back in the Q next year as he's still very raw and needs to play big minutes in a top 6 role.

He's been very good in the Q, especially the playoffs. He's also got size and strength that tells me he is ready physically for the pro game. I doubt he's back.

If he is, it would be a huge boost for the Huskies, who will actually be very competitive again next season.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He's been very good in the Q, especially the playoffs. He's also got size and strength that tells me he is ready physically for the pro game. I doubt he's back.

If he is, it would be a huge boost for the Huskies, who will actually be very competitive again next season.

The Avs AHL team will be a garbage dump next year so I don't think the Avs would want to send him to that when he's so raw. Think they'd want Greer, Beaudin and Meloche all to go there at the same time for the 2017-2018 season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Updated with SHA and RN

Colorado signed Nantel, he won't be back. I know you've already had this discussion but Avs fans really expect Greer back in the Q next season.

Question, on the Huskies young guys coming in next season you've ranked them very low, is that taking expected contribution into consideration or they just that low level prospects for them?

jfvachon

Sep 25, 2015
Colorado signed Nantel, he won't be back. I know you've already had this discussion but Avs fans really expect Greer back in the Q next season.

Question, on the Huskies young guys coming in next season you've ranked them very low, is that taking expected contribution into consideration or they just that low level prospects for them?

Nantel won't be back.

I think Greer will be back in the Huskies.

They had some great prospects to come.

Felix Bibeau was one of the top scorer in midget AAA. Same for Rafael Harvey-Pinard, but he's small.

In defense, William Cyr and Jeremy Diotte had some offensive upside.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Here is my May, 13th prediction on the Eagles' lineup:

Giovanni Fiore - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Peyton Hoyt
EURO - Massimo Carozza - Jordan Ty Fournier
Yannik Bertrand - Phélix Martineau - Dillon Boucher
David Caza - Declan Smith - Emmanuel Proulx
Jacob Hickey - Drake Batherson

Tobie Paquette-Bisson - Loïk Léveillé
Sacha Roy - Alexis Sansfaçon
Maxim Baillargeon - EURO
Scottie Greene

Kyle Jessiman
Vincent Dubuc

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Here is my May, 13th prediction on the Eagles' lineup:

Giovanni Fiore - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Peyton Hoyt
EURO - Massimo Carozza - Jordan Ty Fournier
Yannik Bertrand - Phélix Martineau - Dillon Boucher
David Caza - Declan Smith - Emmanuel Proulx
Jacob Hickey - Drake Batherson

Tobie Paquette-Bisson - Loïk Léveillé
Sacha Roy - Alexis Sansfaçon
Maxim Baillargeon - EURO
Scottie Greene

Kyle Jessiman
Vincent Dubuc

no rookies breaking in ?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

I can take out Nantel!

For Greer, I have very high doubts that he would be back. I guess we will see if he gets signed or not in the coming weeks.

On the low rankings, I mostly gave a 1 or 2 to most young players who barely played because we just dont know what their contributions will be yet. Especially guys who were drafted in the latter rounds. I know a guy like Bibeau is expected to do pretty good next season though. But before he proves anything I can't really give him a higher rating.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
I imagine Ian Smallwood will crack Saint John.

Thats honestly a tough call - I know Smallwood and Martineau are pencilled in, but it really depends on who is left over. They may find themselves bouncing between A and major, especially now since SNB signed the american. Such a log jam there potentially.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

CHARLOTTETOWN ISLANDERS
[table="head;width=600]NAME|POS|AGE|SKILLS|NHL|EUR
1 Daniel Sprong|F|19|10.0|PIT|-
2 Filip Chlapik|F|19|7.5|OTT|EUR
3 Bradley Kennedy|F|20|6.5|-|-
4 Kameron Kielly|F|20|6.0|-|-
5 Mitchell Balmas|F|18|5.5|2016|-
6 Jake Coughler|F|20|5.0|-|-
7 Keith Getson|F|18|3.5|2016|-
8 Nicolas Leblond|F|20|3.5|-|-
9 Shawn Boudrias|F|17|2.5|2017|-
10 Carl Gervais|F|17|1.5|2017|-
11 Johnny Foley|F|18|1.0|-|-
|
1 Luc Deschenes|D|19|5.5|-|-
2 Guillaume Beaudry|D|20|5.0|-|-
3 Will Thompson|D|19|4.0|-|-
4 Pierre-Olivier Joseph|D|17|4.0|2017|-
5 Andrew Smith|D|18|2.0|-|-
6 David Comeau|D|19|2.0|-|-
|
1 Matthew Welsh|G|17|4.0|2017|-
[/table]
OVERAGERS: Kennedy, Kielly, Beaudry, Leblond, Coughler
IMPORTS: Chlapik

For Charlottetown personally I'm not expecting Sprong or Chlapik back, which is really unfortunate. I think without them that puts us pretty close to a lotto pick. Which may not be that bad for this team. Also should be noted that Beaudry left the team mid season last year, just a few weeks after the trade i believe, i wouldn't expect him back.

I would be okay with Selling off everyone not named Balmas, Joseph and Welsh. and completely rebuild this bad boy but do it right this time. no more trading multiple top picks for a 20 year old home town boy. Hoping Hulton does this the right way right from the start and build a solid franchise.

20's for next year should be Keilly, Kennedy, and a dman.

either way should be an interesting time for us Islanders fans

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Added Hickey to CB, removed Beaudry from CHA

For Charlottetown personally I'm not expecting Sprong or Chlapik back, which is really unfortunate. I think without them that puts us pretty close to a lotto pick. Which may not be that bad for this team. Also should be noted that Beaudry left the team mid season last year, just a few weeks after the trade i believe, i wouldn't expect him back.

I would be okay with Selling off everyone not named Balmas, Joseph and Welsh. and completely rebuild this bad boy but do it right this time. no more trading multiple top picks for a 20 year old home town boy. Hoping Hulton does this the right way right from the start and build a solid franchise.

20's for next year should be Keilly, Kennedy, and a dman.

either way should be an interesting time for us Islanders fans

Where exactly is Chlapik expected to play next season?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Even though Saint John looks to be the favourite for next season, I'm really liking Rouyn's chance to repeat.

They will be losing some key cogs, of course, including Perron, Marchand and Meier, but lots of returnees, including their whole defense except Brouillard.

Denis, Waked and maybe Greer if back would be a good 20 years old trio to start the year. Dzierkals will be their Import, and they have space to add another one. At the draft, they surprisingly have the 19th, 22nd and 23rd pick, which could be nice assets to deal and upgrade their line-up.

A huge rumour is going around saying Bathurst is sending Brisebois to Rouyn for their 1st, prospect dman Cyr and perhaps a 2nd rounder as well. It could be a good deal for both clubs, as Bathurst is rumoured to be acquiring O.Leblanc to replace Brisebois, and it would give Rouyn by far the best D in the league. They would be in a good position to deal Neveu for an upgrade somewhere else. Maybe to upgrade Harvey in net? Something like Harvey + Neveu to QC for Booth?

For a team that just won it all, this line-up for next season is impressive:

Greer - Beaudin - Dzierkals
EURO - Fontaine - Fortin
Boucher - Abbandonato - Waked
Wojcik - Bibeau - Ouimet

G.Brisebois - Myers
Lauzon - Lauzon
Denis - Legault

Booth

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
^ was booth traded to Rouyn ? its a make or break in nets imo if that's what Rouyn does
very hard to replace after if things go sour
coin toss decision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->