QMJHL question- Evan Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
nomorekids said:
he wears an A for the Remparts, big, American D-man...any reason why he hasn't been drafted? Would he be a good overage pick in say, the fourth or fifth round? I'd like to know more about his game.

Thanks in advance.

He was invited to the Habs rookie camp last summer, but didn't impress too much as he suffered from poor positioning defensive coverage, although he is physical.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
nomorekids said:
he wears an A for the Remparts, big, American D-man...any reason why he hasn't been drafted? Would he be a good overage pick in say, the fourth or fifth round? I'd like to know more about his game.

Thanks in advance.

Evan is no longer NHL draft eligible (he is an 84 birthday) so he will be an UFA.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
In North America, the rule is under-20 (I believe) has to be drafted (covering NCAA, USHL, CHL, Junior A, etc). Over 20 is an unrestricted free agent who can be signed by anyone. (that's why there's a lot of college free agent signings, the players develop and get good in college and then graduate and sign a contract)
Any and all players coming out of Europe have the be drafted regardless of age (ex: Martin Gerber when he was 28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->