QMJHL..Halifax-Cape Breton Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

detour97

Jan 11, 2003
Halifax
Visit site
Everyone knows Picard, Alexandre,Guénette, François-Pierre,Bernier, Marc-André are coming back to Halifax for the 2004-2005 season. Could there be another player sent to Halifax for there drive? Cyr and Steve Villeneuve were the other players Halifax sent to Cape Breton this year. Any chance on Stephen Dixon going to Halifax for there run for Mem Cup next season. Possibly send Vrana to Cape Breton for 2005 season. Only time will tell.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Who are the 3 20 year olds you'll have for sure next season?

I'm just speculating on what we hear around here on PEI. We're sending a player to you guys at the draft for our picks back (that we sent in the Boutin/Charron deal) and that player is rumoured to be Halifax boy Urquhart.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
highstickingyerface said:
Who are the 3 20 year olds you'll have for sure next season?

I'm just speculating on what we hear around here on PEI. We're sending a player to you guys at the draft for our picks back (that we sent in the Boutin/Charron deal) and that player is rumoured to be Halifax boy Urquhart.

If we get Urquhart for a 4th and 5th rd pick ill fall off my chair lol

Ill take him if that is the case, but the player we are rumoured to be getting is Jeff MacAuley.

If Halifax wants Urquhart we will have to pay a lot.

The 3 20's right now are

FP Guenette
Daniel Sparre
PO Beaulieu

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
detour97 said:
Any chance on Stephen Dixon going to Halifax for there run for Mem Cup next season. Possibly send Vrana to Cape Breton for 2005 season. Only time will tell.

There is always a chance. But if Dixon goes to Halifax then Halifax's 2004 1st rounder is coming to Cape Breton and that will be the #1,#2, or #3 pick in the draft.

And there is no chance Vrana would be traded, that's a dumb suggestion.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Yes MacAuley is also rumoured but I still think it'll turn out to be Cory.

We're already losing half our defense corps next year and although Jeff is only a mediocre defender at best we need some veteran leadership on the blueline plus he's a token "islander"

The way we see it... you guys gave us a young kid (Charron) with great 2 way upside and an NHL drafted goalie with 2 more years Q eligibility for a tier two goon and a goalie who sucks(and was at the end of his Q career).. so it wouldn't be Urquhart for a 4th and 5th round pick if you look at the entire picture.

plus some figure Cory will actually stick in the AHL next year, I personally don't see it until he develops some strength and physical play.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
plus some figure Cory will actually stick in the AHL next year, I personally don't see it until he develops some strength and physical play.

Well said, I can't see Cory in the AHL next year, after watching his games in PEI this year, he doesn't seem to have what it takes to make it in that league with respect to the physical side of the game.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Laprise said:
Ill take him if that is the case, but the player we are rumoured to be getting is Jeff MacAuley.

I am not saying your sources are wrong, but I find it hard to believe Patenaude would sit down and be like, "well, we'll give you Boutin... but we would really love to have Jeff MacAuley for our playoff run next year."

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yes MacAuley is also rumoured but I still think it'll turn out to be Cory.

We're already losing half our defense corps next year and although Jeff is only a mediocre defender at best we need some veteran leadership on the blueline plus he's a token "islander"

The way we see it... you guys gave us a young kid (Charron) with great 2 way upside and an NHL drafted goalie with 2 more years Q eligibility for a tier two goon and a goalie who sucks(and was at the end of his Q career).. so it wouldn't be Urquhart for a 4th and 5th round pick if you look at the entire picture.

I can see both Urquhart and Lambert in the AHL next year, but Lambert has to be signed by June 1st or else he reenters the draft. I do agree Urquhart will be a big question mark in reguards to his physical play (or lack of) but I don't think it would benefit him to return to the Q as a 20 year old. We'll see what happens this summer.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
I am not saying your sources are wrong, but I find it hard to believe Patenaude would sit down and be like, "well, we'll give you Boutin... but we would really love to have Jeff MacAuley for our playoff run next year."

I've had similar feelings since I heard about the futures part of the deal.

But, the only 19's PEI return that Halifax could want are Bonneau and MacAuley since I find it hard to believe PEI called and said "well, we want Boutin....so we'll give you Lapierre for your playoff run next year"(unless Halifax is sending back a higher pick and keeping the 2 mid rounders which is possible)

The interesting possibility is Bonneau. He could be wanted by Halifax to come in and "teach" Cormier similar to the way other young fighters have learned from veterans. But by looking at their roster, MacAuley makes the most sense.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
RyanM said:
I've had similar feelings since I heard about the futures part of the deal.

But, the only 19's PEI return that Halifax could want are Bonneau and MacAuley since I find it hard to believe PEI called and said "well, we want Boutin....so we'll give you Lapierre for your playoff run next year"(unless Halifax is sending back a higher pick and keeping the 2 mid rounders which is possible)

The interesting possibility is Bonneau. He could be wanted by Halifax to come in and "teach" Cormier similar to the way other young fighters have learned from veterans. But by looking at their roster, MacAuley makes the most sense.

The most sense position-wise I agree. But MacAuley is far from a help of any sort for a playoff run, which I don't think you're arguing. I just hope for Halifax's sake they whisked away Bonneau, Lapierre, or Urquhart for whatever the deal.

Johnny Wishbone

Jul 9, 2003
I know Cory is not a physical player, but he had a bad infection in his hip around the mid-point of the season. I know his family and this injury hasn't been exactly out in the public eye. I guess it was pretty bad and sore all the time. It may have hindered his chance to improve his physical play this season.
He will be working out hard yet again this summer.
I don't see him moving from PEI at all....he'll play as a 20 yr old.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Sore hip or not.. he's afraid of the boards.

Skillwise he's awesome. But when the hitting starts he disappears. Not exactly a formula for pro success. I think he could defeinitely benefit from another year in the Q.

I think the Habs will sign Lambert. The kid has a legitimate chance to be an NHL'er in a few years time.

I don't think the Mooseheads will get Lapierre.. I see him as our captain next year.

Q ADDICT

Jan 6, 2003
Visit site
Sore hip or not.. he's afraid of the boards.

Skillwise he's awesome. But when the hitting starts he disappears. Not exactly a formula for pro success. I think he could defeinitely benefit from another year in the Q.

I think the Habs will sign Lambert. The kid has a legitimate chance to be an NHL'er in a few years time.

I don't think the Mooseheads will get Lapierre.. I see him as our captain next year.

sore hip or not???

lemme know the next time u get a bruise the size of a softball on your hip and how hard u go into the boards for a while.....

he's been working hard all season and should be in the ahl next year....hes got nothing else to prove at the Q level....its time for his game to mature to a higher level and that wont happen in the Q

detour97

Jan 11, 2003
Halifax
Visit site
Was reading paper this morning ...sounds like Cape Breton will get Mooseheads 1st round pick this year.... Marcel Patenaude didn't come out and say it but sure sounds that way....Bye Bye James Sheppard.....Defenceman Jeff MacAulay is also expected to be dealt to Halifax in June to complete the Jonathan Boutin trade with the P.E.I. Rocket... Here is the article from the paper : http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004/03/16/fSports191.raw.html

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
detour97 said:
Was reading paper this morning ...sounds like Cape Breton will get Mooseheads 1st round pick this year.... Marcel Patenaude didn't come out and say it but sure sounds that way....Bye Bye James Sheppard.....Defenceman Jeff MacAulay is also expected to be dealt to Halifax in June to complete the Jonathan Boutin trade with the P.E.I. Rocket... Here is the article from the paper : http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004/03/16/fSports191.raw.html
That is disheartening, but at least Moose fans can take solace in the fact Saulnier and Sheppard are as good as 1st rounders last year.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
WTF?

He didnt say CB gets it.

He said as of now we still have it, and he said he will approach CB at the draft to tweak the deal.

Which means 1st rd pick for Dixon.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
WTF?

He didnt say CB gets it.

He said as of now we still have it, and he said he will approach CB at the draft to tweak the deal.

Which means 1st rd pick for Dixon.

I should have taken the time to read the article. But I would rather keep the pick than deal it for Dixon if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad