GDT: QF • Jan. 2 • Czech Republic 0, United States 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Galchenyuk hasnt earned ice time. Dont blame housely. Since using gally in a reduced role the team has been much better. So give it a rest.

Its hilarious that Hab fans refuse to admit the kid just hasn't played to his hype. I'm not saying he
is a bust or stiff at all. My point has been he (Yakapov too) have not done much that takes you out of your seat and makes you say wow what a play. Galchenyuks only WOW moment was the dish to
Barber today. That's been it.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
He was amazing last year as well, might not have put up the points in last year tourney but he was great.

Last year Trouba outplayed supposed "studs " like Merrill and Forbort both of whom laid
collosal eggs last year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Its hilarious that Hab fans refuse to admit the kid just hasn't played to his hype. I'm not saying he
is a bust or stiff at all. My point has been he (Yakapov too) have not done much that takes you out of your seat and makes you say wow what a play. Galchenyuks only WOW moment was the dish to
Barber today. That's been it.

and what has RNH done to that effect?

I have watched most of Canada's games, and for a former #1 pick, who played all of last year in the NHL, I simply do not see him playing anywhere to his level as well... I guess he must be overrated as well??

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

I have watched most of Canada's games, and for a former #1 pick, who played all of last year in the NHL, I simply do not see him playing anywhere to his level as well... I guess he must be overrated as well??

He scored 5 points against Germany, and played a crucial part in win against Slovakia. Scored the opening goal against USA, and assisted on all three actual goals against Russia.

I don't know what else people want him to do.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
This hoard of Habs fans complaining about Gally ALL THE TIME are so annoying

The team just won 9-3 and 7-0. I'm sure Housley wouldn't change a thing. Give up

Only in Habs land does your team outscore the opposition 16-3 in must win games and
the coach is considered incompetent...lol.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009

I have only watched the Canada - Russia game and RNH was all over the ice. We r going to disagree
about RNH.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He scored 5 points against Germany, and played a crucial part in win against Slovakia. Scored the opening goal against USA, and assisted on all three actual goals against Russia.

He didn't end the lockout, he has been too distracted with this WJC thing and being able to play in the AHL :rant::sarcasm:

RNH has been awesome.

Missing behind the Gally numbers is that he is not nearly as visible for long stretches of the game. Habs fans want to say it is his linemates and the coach and that is a part of it. But I guess they close their eyes for when he is actually out there because he deserves some of the blame for when he goes MIA.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I am not ripping on RNH, simply stating that he has done what he has done pretty quitely like Galchenyuk. the same thing you said about RNH, I say about Galchenyuk...what more do you want the guy to do?? he hasnt played with elite linemates, and hasnt had elite minutes as well...yet the kid is still top 3-4 in scoring and has set up some big goals for the US...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He didn't end the lockout, he has been too distracted with this WJC thing and being able to play in the AHL :rant::sarcasm:

RNH has been awesome.

Missing behind the Gally numbers is that he is not nearly as visible for long stretches of the game. Habs fans want to say it is his linemates and the coach and that is a part of it. But I guess they close their eyes for when he is actually out there because he deserves some of the blame for when he goes MIA.

the expectations for Galchenyuk are through the roof, and rightfully so. I at times have wanted to see more from him as well, but I also understand that those issues you talk about "linemates and coaching" are a big factor with him not scoring even more whether you admit it or not.

he is the most skilled forward we have had since Kane to play for the US, but look at what RNH has as linemates compared to what Galchenyuk has and please try and not pass out from laughter when saying with a straight face who plays with better forwards....it makes a big difference though I do like Barber and I think he will be a steal for the Caps...just not on the level of who RNH plays with.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
I am not ripping on RNH, simply stating that he has done what he has done pretty quitely like Galchenyuk. the same thing you said about RNH, I say about Galchenyuk...what more do you want the guy to do?? he hasnt played with elite linemates, and hasnt had elite minutes as well...yet the kid is still top 3-4 in scoring and has set up some big goals for the US...

Other than today's assist on Barber 's goal, Galchenyuks assists, especially against Russia was a pass you could have made. He has two goals one in garbage time. He needs to make an impact tomorrow.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

RNH has had a lot more impact against the top teams than Galchenyuk had. Of course, it could all change tomorrow...

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Other than today's assist on Barber 's goal, Galchenyuks assists, especially against Russia was a pass you could have made. He has two goals one in garbage time. He needs to make an impact tomorrow.
Kind of hard when you're playing 12 min with Kuraly and barely no pp time. Play him center with good players and you'll see the impact. Right now there's nothing he can do, the 1st line has to put up points on the board if they want a chance to beat Canada.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Kind of hard when you're playing 12 min with Kuraly and barely no pp time. Play him center with good players and you'll see the impact. Right now there's nothing he can do, the 1st line has to put up points on the board if they want a chance to beat Canada.

Riley Barber is far from a stiff in case you didn't 't notice. He 's also been out on the ice with Trouba or Jones also, sk lets not pretend his teammates all suck.

Any coach will tell you you make your own breaks.

If Galchenyuk makes Montreal you are a guaranteed DNQ for the PO.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

RNH has been very good for Canada, there was a time at the beginning of the tournament we had trouble scoring but one guy that didn't was RNH, really he is a NHL'er playing against boys this tournament. Not really fair in comparing situations with Gally or Gally himself to already a NHL star. RNH probably has another gear to his game, maybe we all see it in 8 hours or so from now. Wouldn't surprise me, I have been rather impressed by his high compete level. Something I wasn't sure of prior to this tournament.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
RNH has been very good for Canada, there was a time at the beginning of the tournament we had trouble scoring but one guy that didn't was RNH, really he is a NHL'er playing against boys this tournament. Not really fair in comparing situations with Gally or Gally himself to already a NHL star. RNH probably has another gear to his game, maybe we all see it in 8 hours or so from now. Wouldn't surprise me, I have been rather impressed by his high compete level. Something I wasn't sure of prior to this tournament.

What's going to be interesting is if Trouba and Jones are able to elevate their games tomorrow.
If Gibson plays as well as the first game and Jones and Trouba elevate the US can certainly beat Canada. If Gibson is just good or worse its going to be Canada by 3 of 4 goals.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I would be inclined to believe that if, based on what I have seen and what others have posted, there were any indication that Galchenyuk actually "hurt" the team enough to warrant him now being used as a 4th liner. I also don't think it's any stretch to claim Kuraly has been atrocious as a center. Who in their right mind would use Kuraly as a center over Galchenyuk? There's just no way. Charles Sarault is the center in Sarnia because he cannot play wing and he's actually a good center!

Galchenyuk didn't have his best game against Slovakia. Today's performance has nothing to do with anything because today's icetime wasn't based off of today's performance if you see what I mean (well, unless Gally made a huge mistake somewhere today that led to his line being used as the 4th) That still leaves his 3 previous games where I don't think anyone will claim Miller & co. where performing any better and thus deserved more icetime these last two games. In fact, in the first 3 games, Galchenyuk accomplished a lot more than any other forward on his team.

Calling Galchenyuk selfish is just completely unfair. Look at Yakupov trying to perform end-to-end rushes, look at Grimaldi trying to do the same. Galchenyuk has never acted as a puckhog. He didn't take any selfish penalties either. As for accepting roles, that's garbage: Galchenyuk made the team to be an offensive force, a key part of it, and everyone knows that. Now he's stuck playing with Kuraly, seeing his icetime reduced each subsequent game and hasn't done anything relative to his own teammates that would explain why he's in this position and not others - this last sentence is important.

I think we are going to differ on this, Gally took an undisciplined penalty in the 3rd period when he got caught with a clean check, I don't know why he cross checked the Czech player going to the bench, The USA was in the lead, in control of the game, he should have been a happy pup, but he acted like he was frustrated. Perhaps not happy with his ice time. This is what I am noticing about him, he gets frustrated, he sulks because he is not scoring or getting ice time as he believes he is earning. To me this is being somewhat selfish, not sure what else to call it when the name of the game is for the team to win. Maybe he matures, I have seen this act with Kessel prior to last year, he used to sulk, last year he finally grew up. But it's something to keep an eye on, it's such negative energy on a team. Think the kid will be fine, again he is learning, it doesn't have to be all about him. On this USA team there are others that can pick up the slack, as proven by the 2 lopsided wins. It's a team sport.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What's going to be interesting is if Trouba and Jones are able to elevate their games tomorrow.
If Gibson plays as well as the first game and Jones and Trouba elevate the US can certainly beat Canada. If Gibson is just good or worse its going to be Canada by 3 of 4 goals.

I am a Canadian fan first and foremost, but I do admire how US hockey has improved since you guys beat us in the Canada Cup.

What makes Canada so difficult to play against is we can roll basically 3 first lines, all with different skill sets, roll 3 defensive units, all first units on CJHL teams and not miss a beat. This is the challenge for the USA. In one game anything can happen, Gibson can get hot, refs call a lot of penalties.

But if I am going to be impartial, Canada just have to play their game this year. USA will have to play their best game of the tournament.

Should be a good one if this is the scenario, I will pick Canada, but if the USA win, I wouldn't be shocked either.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Riley Barber is far from a stiff in case you didn't 't notice. He 's also been out on the ice with Trouba or Jones also, sk lets not pretend his teammates all suck.

Any coach will tell you you make your own breaks.

If Galchenyuk makes Montreal you are a guaranteed DNQ for the PO.
I pity you, seriously. It will be hilarious to watch you eat crow in 2-3 years.

It's not even that bad considering he's 2nd in points IN THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT. It's just a damn shame they never tried him as 1st center with Gaudreau and Grimaldi and watch him rack up even more points. Like I said in another post, even TSN was on it a couple days ago, and it's only gotten worse.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I pity you, seriously. It will be hilarious to watch you eat crow in 2-3 years.

It's not even that bad considering he's 2nd in points IN THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT. It's just a damn shame they never tried him as 1st center with Gaudreau and Grimaldi and watch him rack up even more points. Like I said in another post, even TSN was on it a couple days ago, and it's only gotten worse.

Gaudreau-Galcehnyuk-Grimaldi would have been a horrible line. Gaudreau has improved dramatically since Grimaldi was dropped off his line and Gaudreau and Galchenyuk has no chemistry during the summer camp.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Are you serious? :laugh:

RNH is like a magician out there.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Are you serious? :laugh:

RNH is like a magician out there.

The only thing that most fans are looking for out there is either the big play or high speed puck carrying skills. A lot of people here just can't appreciate players that can slow down plays or make that short crisp pass in high traffic areas, so don't worry too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad