Q Prospects '04 (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Disco Volante said:
Thanks for the opinion. I know he "retired", that's why I'm wondering. So, is he available in the draft or is there some special rule that takes him out?

Is it a consensus that he'll go throught without getting drafted?

Well i think he was supposed to be draft last year, because we was draft in the top 5 of the Q with Bernier, Pouliot, Roussin and Bolduc, so those 4 players have been draft last year

Disco Volante

Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site
CrosbyIsGod said:
Well i think he was supposed to be draft last year, because we was draft in the top 5 of the Q with Bernier, Pouliot, Roussin and Bolduc, so those 4 players have been draft last year

He opted out of the draft last year I think. For all I know he should have gone this year, and I'm still hoping one of my favorite teams will pick him up, retired or not.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Prospect for Rimouski Oceanic

#14 Alex Vachon (6th Round)
#19 Mark Tobin (4th Round)
#22 Charles Bergeron
#26 J-S Coté (Could Be A 9th Round)
#30 Cedrick Desjardins
#10 Michal Sarsen (3rd Round)
#54 Guillaume Veilleux

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CrosbyIsGod said:
Prospect for Rimouski Oceanic

#14 Alex Vachon (6th Round)
#19 Mark Tobin (4th Round)
#22 Charles Bergeron
#26 J-S Coté (Could Be A 9th Round)
#30 Cedrick Desjardins
#10 Michal Sarsen (3rd Round)
#54 Guillaume Veilleux

No blue chippers, but solid players. I dont know what to think of Guillaume Veilleux. I thought he went too high in the Q draft. How has his game been this year? Has he played much?

I think JS Cote is too small. 5'08 and he is only a checker.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CrosbyIsGod said:
We have our 1st round pick in 2003 Francis Charette who got a lot of talent, we was named player of the year in his league this year, also we can give a 1st round pick in 2004 and a d-man like Veilleux.

Don't forget that the Wildcats are building up for 2006 when they we'll held the Memorial Cup in Moncton. Of course they will want Charette!

Charette is good, but he still hasnt proven he can play in the QMJHL, he is 5'04, very skilled but Moncton would want much more than that.

Yeah the Wildcats are building for 2006 Mem Cup, but that doesnt mean they will give Steve Bernier for little.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Oh yeah, Loic is ranked as the 24th North-American Goaler.

I'm so happy for him, he must have good chance to be draft. I think we will party that at Marieville.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
No blue chippers, but solid players. I dont know what to think of Guillaume Veilleux. I thought he went too high in the Q draft. How has his game been this year? Has he played much?

I think JS Cote is too small. 5'08 and he is only a checker.

Veilleux improve a lot through the season but got injured in the final sprint and miss all playoff. Have proved nothing offensively. He should become a solid d-man next year, but he'll be behind Coulombe, Bolduc and Sarsen.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Charette is good, but he still hasnt proven he can play in the QMJHL, he is 5'04, very skilled but Moncton would want much more than that.

Yeah the Wildcats are building for 2006 Mem Cup, but that doesnt mean they will give Steve Bernier for little.

5"06 exactly, from the 2 games he has play with the Oceanic when Sid Crosby was in the WJC, he was without a doubt the best player on the team, made 11 shots, scored 1.

But let's the time passed and we'll see if Bernier will come join his 2 ex-teammates.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CrosbyIsGod said:
5"06 exactly, from the 2 games he has play with the Oceanic when Sid Crosby was in the WJC, he was without a doubt the best player on the team, made 11 shots, scored 1.

But let's the time passed and we'll see if Bernier will come join his 2 ex-teammates.

yeah Charette played 2 games and 1 goal.

I really like Charette but its tough to give up a star player like Bernier for someone who played 2 games.

Brisebois

Jun 17, 2002
Feeding Johan Sedin
Visit site
What about Charles Fontaine of Cape Breton? La-La-Laprise seemed pretty high on him, but has him down for the 8th round. What kind of game does Fontaine play (I trust Laprise who says he's the Scott Stevens of the Q), and why is he going to be drafted so late?

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
yeah Charette played 2 games and 1 goal.

I really like Charette but its tough to give up a star player like Bernier for someone who played 2 games.

It's like when Max Talbot was trade for Rouyn to Hull... nobody though that Talbot would be that good

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I saw Charrette at the Banquet to honour the best Midget AAA in Québec and he looked really like a midget, 5'5" at best and his fancy little almond glasses did not show a muscled athlete of a body behind them.
I would be astounded to see Moncton give up Bernier for that.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CrosbyIsGod said:
It's like when Max Talbot was trade for Rouyn to Hull... nobody though that Talbot would be that good

Yeah but Talbot was playing regularly in the QMJHL at 16, Charette isnt.

What would you feel about this deal:

to RIM: Steve Bernier and Corey Crawford

to MON: Francis Charette, Francois Bolduc, 1st rd pick 2004, 1st rd pick 2005 and 3rd rd pick 2005

If Crawford does not play in RIM Moncton sends back the 1st in 2005.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Brisebois said:
What about Charles Fontaine of Cape Breton? La-La-Laprise seemed pretty high on him, but has him down for the 8th round. What kind of game does Fontaine play (I trust Laprise who says he's the Scott Stevens of the Q), and why is he going to be drafted so late?

Only reason he would drop is because he is 2nd year eligble. Other than that he'd be a good late pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad