Q Prospects '04 (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I had a question on some lesser talked about Q prospects, and where you see them going in the draft. I know it's long, just trying to get some info on these guys. Thanks

Grabiel Bouthillette- Gatineau
Guillaume Labrecque- Gatineau
Nick Fugère- Gatineau
Olivier Labelle- Gatineau

Christian Gaudet- Moncton
Kevin Hamel- Montcon

Yanick Charron- PEI
Milan Hruska- PEI

Jan Steber- Halifax
Fredrick Cabana- Halifax
Luciano Lomanno- Halifax
Frédérick Sonier- Halifax

Vicent Lambert- Cape Breton
Philippe Bertrand- CB

Nicolas Leduc- Bathurst

Maxime Belagner- Drakkar
Nicolas Robillard- Drakkar
Simon Lepage- Drakkar
Alex Dulac-Lemelin- Drakkar

Maxime Boisclair- Sags
Brent Macsween- Sags

Stéphane Goulet- Remparts

Alex Vachon- Rimouski

Ryan Jenner- Victoriaville

Artem Kozitsyn- Val D Or
Patrick Bordeleau- Val D Or

Marek Hascak- Shawinigan

Kevin Mailhiot- Drummondville

Eric Tétreault- R N
Jason Oreskovic- RN

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Grabiel Bouthillette- Gatineau -- 5th-8th round
Guillaume Labrecque- Gatineau -- Wont be drafted (Went undrafted last year)
Nick Fugère- Gatineau -- 4th-6th round
Olivier Labelle- Gatineau -- 8th-9th round/Or not drafted (Went undrafted last year)

Christian Gaudet- Moncton -- Not Drafted
Kevin Hamel- Montcon -- Not Drafted

Yanick Charron- PEI -- Not Drafted
Milan Hruska- PEI -- 7th-9th round/Or not drafted

Jan Steber- Halifax -- 5th-7th round
Fredrick Cabana- Halifax -- 3rd-4th round
Luciano Lomanno- Halifax -- Not Drafted
Frédérick Sonier- Halifax -- Not Drafted

Vicent Lambert- Cape Breton -- Not Drafted
Philippe Bertrand- CB -- Not Drafted

Nicolas Leduc- Bathurst -- Not Drafted

Maxime Belagner- Drakkar -- 6th-8th round
Nicolas Robillard- Drakkar -- 7th-9th round
Simon Lepage- Drakkar -- Not Drafted
Alex Dulac-Lemelin- Drakkar - 8th-9th round

Maxime Boisclair- Sags -- 7th-9th round/Or Not Drafted (Went undrafted last year)
Brent Macsween- Sags -- 8th-9th round

Stéphane Goulet- Remparts -- 8th-9th round

Alex Vachon- Rimouski -- 6th-8th round

Ryan Jenner- Victoriaville -- 7th-9th round

Artem Kozitsyn- Val D Or -- Not Drafted
Patrick Bordeleau- Val D Or -- 4th-6th round

Marek Hascak- Shawinigan -- 7th-9th round/Or Not Drafted

Kevin Mailhiot- Drummondville -- Hard to judge because of concussions

Eric Tétreault- R N -- Not Drafted
Jason Oreskovic- RN -- Not Drafted

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks, that's helpful. Although I am surprised at Cabana over Steber. I would think Steber will go 3rd -5th round, just wondering what you think of Steber. I think next year should be a good one for him.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
montreal said:
Thanks, that's helpful. Although I am surprised at Cabana over Steber. I would think Steber will go 3rd -5th round, just wondering what you think of Steber. I think next year should be a good one for him.

Cabana had a great U18 and wore an A and is gritty and defensive minded plus is a great skater. I cant see him dropping to low.

Steber had bad stats but he played with 2 16 year olds all year and had to cover up for them often.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Where's the most underrated goaltender of the Q... The Baie-Comeau Drakkar's Loic Lacasse?

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
just want to know why you have Loic ahead of martin houle .
yes he's bigger but i think houle is better than him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Cabana had a great U18 and wore an A and is gritty and defensive minded plus is a great skater. I cant see him dropping to low.

Steber had bad stats but he played with 2 16 year olds all year and had to cover up for them often.

Cabana seems like a very hard working player, but to me Steber has more skill even though his stats weren't that impressive. I'd be happy if the Habs got either one.

PEli*

montreal said:
Cabana seems like a very hard working player, but to me Steber has more skill even though his stats weren't that impressive. I'd be happy if the Habs got either one.

Cabana is a hard worker. You're right. He's pretty hard nosed too. Not a bad two way guy but won't put up much in terms of points.

Like La-La-Laprise said, Steber played with a couple of young guys this year and did a lot of picking up behind them. He's a solid two way guy who will have a better chance of putting up good numbers this year.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Maxime Boisclair- Sags
Brent Macsween- Sags

Boisclair is a good two way player. He was one of the Sags top offensive and defensive forward. He's a special unit player. He's also got a great frame and some strenght. I think he could turn out into a goon in the NHL. A team could use a 6th rounder to draft him.

I don't think that Macsween will be drafted. I don't know him a lot, since in the games I saw, he wasn't playing much or he was scratched. He's got great size, but lacks talent.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Cayouche5 said:

Houle is in his 2nd year, Lacasse is 1st.

PLUS 6'03 athletic goalie vs. 5'10 athletic goalie.

Scouts wont even look at the smaller guy, trust me.

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
Olivier Labelle- Gatineau -- 8th-9th round/Or not drafted (Went undrafted last year)

IMO, Fugere will never amount to anything in the NHL. Labelle and Labrecque have alot of talent (i prefer Labrecque myself).

Bouthillette is presently a good backup.. who knows what he'll do next year. He's a tall goalie who had great numbers this year.

It's too bad that teams don't give a shot to a guy like Labrecque. Maybe that'll change after they see him holding the mem cup this year ;)))

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Leph28 said:

IMO, Fugere will never amount to anything in the NHL. Labelle and Labrecque have alot of talent (i prefer Labrecque myself).

Bouthillette is presently a good backup.. who knows what he'll do next year. He's a tall goalie who had great numbers this year.

It's too bad that teams don't give a shot to a guy like Labrecque. Maybe that'll change after they see him holding the mem cup this year ;)))

I think Fugere could amount to something to be honest. He's got great size, lots of strength and he can really fly when he gets going. Natural skill- it's kind of absent, but he could put up some points in the QMJHL and eventually grab a fourth line role in the NHL.

Labelle and Labrecque are two guys I thought would get drafted last year. Labelle is grittier, but Labrecque is more skilled. With Daoust, Talbot and Fournier most likely all gone next year, those two will be putting up major points in Gatineau (along with Pohl obviously). Labrecque actually has very good scoring ability, and I think he'll get an NHL contract eventually, although I don't see him ever going past the AHL level really. Labelle, it depends on whether he can put up some big points next year, but he's certainly not a one-dimensional player, so he has a shot at getting drafted.

Bouthiellette should get drafted, but Tremblay will start next year too, so not sure if he'll get enough playing time.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Cayouche5 said:

Well, Loic is doing great thing with a poor club. Maybe his stats are not the better, but they always play him against the big club. (He even helped the team to do the playoffs)

He's also a very good forward, he can dekes out almost everybody and scores. (He likes to play as a forward outside of the real game)

For his size, he has good quick legs and is a god with his gloves. Too bad that he was not draft by the Rempart

Disco Volante

Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site
For those who follow the Q closely...

Do you think a team will take a chance on Jasmin-Riel?

Well, first, is he draftable?

If he is, I'd jump on him with a late round pick if not taken.

(if you are a Thrashers or a Habs' scout, read this post again)

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
Bouthiellette should get drafted, but Tremblay will start next year too, so not sure if he'll get enough playing time.

it depends on what the Piques decide to do and how they both play in the first half. The Piques might decide at Xmas time to trade Tremblay to a contender.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Disco Volante said:
Do you think a team will take a chance on Jasmin-Riel?

Well, first, is he draftable?

If he is, I'd jump on him with a late round pick if not taken.

(if you are a Thrashers or a Habs' scout, read this post again)

Jasmin-Riel has retired himself from hockey, it was too bas for us, Rimouski fans, because he was a fan favorite, but maybe he will return next year, but i dont think he will get draft. He Had To Concentrate himself to school. But i think it was more some personal reasons

I hope that he'll come back next year because imagine the team we'll have + Jasmin-Riel and Bernier (if the rumors are true). :yo:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Leph28 said:

it depends on what the Piques decide to do and how they both play in the first half. The Piques might decide at Xmas time to trade Tremblay to a contender.

That's true. For the better part of the first half, I was almost expecting Bouthiellette to force a platoon type of situation whereby he'd get roughly 50% of the playing time, but it didn't work out that way. A lot of it could depend on how the Memorial Cup goes for Tremblay, although I expect the Olympiques to be highly competitive next year even if the big first line and the three stud defencemen will all most likely move on.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leph28 said:

Im betting on this happening:

Darft, trade Bouthiellette for a 5th round pick, and draft Simon Blais 26th overall.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CrosbyIsGod said:
Jasmin-Riel has retired himself from hockey, it was too bas for us, Rimouski fans, because he was a fan favorite, but maybe he will return next year, but i dont think he will get draft. He Had To Concentrate himself to school. But i think it was more some personal reasons

I hope that he'll come back next year because imagine the team we'll have + Jasmin-Riel and Bernier (if the rumors are true). :yo:

In these rumours what are you giving up for Bernier?

I honestly dont think youd have anything Moncton wants. Or rather, you dont have anything youd give up that Moncton wants.

In order for Moncton to trade Steve Bernier, they'd need an awful lot.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
In these rumours what are you giving up for Bernier?

I honestly dont think youd have anything Moncton wants. Or rather, you dont have anything youd give up that Moncton wants.

In order for Moncton to trade Steve Bernier, they'd need an awful lot.

We have our 1st round pick in 2003 Francis Charette who got a lot of talent, we was named player of the year in his league this year, also we can give a 1st round pick in 2004 and a d-man like Veilleux.

Don't forget that the Wildcats are building up for 2006 when they we'll held the Memorial Cup in Moncton. Of course they will want Charette!

Disco Volante

Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site
CrosbyIsGod said:

Thanks for the opinion. I know he "retired", that's why I'm wondering. So, is he available in the draft or is there some special rule that takes him out?

Is it a consensus that he'll go throught without getting drafted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad