Q players for NHL draft

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Is he a tough player? Does he hit, fight, and mix it up? Also, would you say his skating is an asset or a detriment?

Not tough but not soft, he is gritty but I think hes only had 1 Q fight in 2 seasons, that just isnt his thing. He has enough grit to play at the next level though.

Skating needs work, but it honestly wont hold him back in my opinion.

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
MacMillan actually is very tough. I saw him in pre-season just smoke Haddad from the Rocket, who while not a heavyweight by any means, will drop the gloves when needed.

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
He was ranked 30th by CSB...in my opinion thats way too high, but like I said, its just my opinion.

For example i wouldnt take Maxime Tanguay until round 6 or 7 and CSB has him projected as a 2nd round pick.

So would you consider that just a misconception by central scouting or is it just two different opinions.
Could you see him getting drafted by a team like Philly with their 2nd rounder considering his ties with the city, growing up and playing in the area?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So would you consider that just a misconception by central scouting or is it just two different opinions.
Could you see him getting drafted by a team like Philly with their 2nd rounder considering his ties with the city, growing up and playing in the area?

Likely two different opinions. I have my own opinion on all of these Q players but I don't think my opinion is the gospel. I welcome other opinions.

Having Brennan 30th isnt that much of a shock to me. CSB usually likes the kind of players who come out of no where.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
I obviously didn't do the research, i was estimating, and honestly im not that far off.

My point still remains, just because MacMillan is a Halifax Moosehead doesnt make him less attractive to NHL teams.

Oh, I agree. I think MacMillan is going to make it to the NHL, and I'd even take him in the 1st round.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
voracek is amazing and hes the only reason logan macmillan is ranked so highly... it will be a mistake taking macmillan anywhere close to the first round

david perron is also really good and you can catch him playing in the mem cup this week.. id say he goes around 20th overall maybe even higher

Christopher Didomenico... i havent seen him play but his stats are pretty good on a terrible team.. anyone have more info on this guy?

Dido has amazing hands, but is hurt by his size, and by the fact that I wouldn't trust anyone's account of his speed that didn't involve a stopwatch.

You can never really tell how fast he's going, but he digs for every inch. He had 50 assists on a team where he was the only 20 goal scorer. Of Bouchard's 15 goals, at least 12 of them were because Dido shot the puck for a rebound and it dropped at Bouchard's feet with an empty net.

Dido also had the misfortune of playing on the worst PP in the league. Jacques had a right shot on the right and a left on the left, preventing d - to d one-timers.

His weaknesses are his faceoffs, and that he is incredibly difficult to evaluate, since he played with poor linemates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad