23. EDM(PHI) - FRANSSON D
24. VAN - KASPAR R
25. OTT - SCHULTZ D
26. NYR(TOR) - WHARTON D
27. WAS(BOS) - MESZAROS D
28. SJ - BICKELL L
29. TB - LYAMIN D
30. WAS(DET) - SALMONSSON W

I do want to make a note... i follow the Hawks and it took me a long time to decide between Olesz, Barker, and Radulov for #3. Barker seems to be the B.P.A. , but Chicago is pretty stocked with promising D (Babchuk, Seabrook, Barinka, Wisnewski, Keith). Olesz is having injury problems and slipping on some lists.
Alex Radulov has an older brother already in the minors for the Hawks. Igor showed great potential last year when he scored 5 goals in 7 games during a call-up. This year he failed to stay on the team, and maybe uniting him with a younger and very promising sibling could jump-start him as well. So I do beleive that the hawks are after Radulov Jr.
Comments are welcome.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
hmmm i dont see schremp falling to the 10th pick, im sure if hes available by NYR's pick they will draft him, also i think Lepisto is a little high in the draft here, he more of a 20-28th pick but thats just my opinion

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
Agreed. I think O'Neill is a bit low too. Interesting how depending on what the Hawks do at 3, is gonna create a pretty big domino effect a good ways down the order. Can't wait to see this thing actually play out.

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
I agree that Wolski might have some "fall potential". But I don't think it goes to 20, maybe 13 to 15 at the worst, and that's pretty unlikely. Also, I believe you missed Picard, you're gonna want to pencil him somewhere in the top 15 imo.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, Bolland is a good prospect but I don't think he will go that high. I'd look at him to be taken either somewhere later in the first to one of the playoff teams, or to go sometime in the second.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
Here's An Adjustment Based On All The Comments.
1. Was - Ovechkin L
2. Pit - Malkin C
3. Chi - Radulov R
4. Clb - Barker D
5. Pho - Olesz C
6. Nyr - Schremp C
7. Fla - Ladd L
8. Car - Thelen D
9. Ana - Tukkonen C
10. Atl - Stafford R
11. La - Schwarz G
12. Min - Valabik D
13. Buf - Green D
14. Edm - Montoya G
15. Nas - O'neill D
16. Nyi - Lisin L
17. Stl - Chipchura C
18. Mtl - Wolski L
19. Cal - Lepisto D
20. Dal - Bolland C
21.col - Smid D
22. Nj - Ogorodnikov C
23. Edm(phi) - Fransson D
24. Van - Kaspar R
25. Ott - Schultz D
26. Nyr(tor) - Wharton D
27. Was(bos) - Meszaros D
28. Sj - Bickell L
29. Tb - Lyamin D
30. Was(det) - Salmonsson W

Potted Plant

May 30, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
Visit site
Ehh. Don't let teh comments get you down. Your mock draft is just as valid as anyone else's. Don't be so sure on the whole NYR/Schremp/Ladd thing. Don't be shocked if Wolski drops.

Sometimes a draft goes entirely differently from how conventional wisdom suggests it will play out.

My predictions:

1) One of the "Big 4" will not be taken in the top 4.

2) Someone not generally considered a top 10 pick right now will be taken in the top 10.

3) Someone that no one expects to still be on the board at #11 will still be on the board at #15.

4) Neither Malkin nor Ovechkin will be the best player from this draft in 10 years.

Divine Wind

rupispupis said:
Here's An Adjustment Based On All The Comments.
1. Was - Ovechkin L
2. Pit - Malkin C
3. Chi - Radulov R
4. Clb - Barker D
5. Pho - Olesz C
6. Nyr - Schremp C
7. Fla - Ladd L
8. Car - Thelen D
9. Ana - Tukkonen C
10. Atl - Stafford R
11. La - Schwarz G
12. Min - Valabik D
13. Buf - Green D
14. Edm - Montoya G
15. Nas - O'neill D
16. Nyi - Lisin L
17. Stl - Chipchura C
18. Mtl - Wolski L
19. Cal - Lepisto D
20. Dal - Bolland C
21.col - Smid D
22. Nj - Ogorodnikov C
23. Edm(phi) - Fransson D
24. Van - Kaspar R
25. Ott - Schultz D
26. Nyr(tor) - Wharton D
27. Was(bos) - Meszaros D
28. Sj - Bickell L
29. Tb - Lyamin D
30. Was(det) - Salmonsson W

I don't see the oilers taking a goalie first, they are apparently high on Dubnyk, so i could see EDM's 1st 3 drafts gonig something like this:

1) Picard
2) Shultz/Meszaros
3) Dubnyk

Divine Wind

Hemsky83 said:
I also read somewhere that the Oilers are high on Montoya.

They have him rated as one of the top 2 in the draft, yes, i forget which of him or Schwarz they have higher. Generally though, drafting goalies is guestemation at best, even with so called "franchise future goaltenders". I jsut can't see them passing on Picard/Chipchura/Radulov, and if they are gone, then someone who was previosly slotted to go in the top 10, has fallen into our lap. Montoya is rated #1 NA goaltending prospect in this draft, but he is by no means a sure thing, a "franchise tender", and if you look back 2 drafts, we selected the #1 NA goaltending prospect then, JDD. I would be happy if we took Dubnyk/Shantz in the 2nd round, and used our first selection on a bonafide scorer that we can not seem to trade for due to salary, so, this is the only way i view the Oilers have of gaining one, the draft.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Boris Valabik is a horrible defenceman!!!!!!!!! I dunno why anyone would pick him for any reason besides he is huge. But he plays like a big dumb idiot!!!!! I seen him play in London 3 times this year and thought he was playing like a little kid.... he can't skate or shoot......all he has going for him is size and Brandon Prust a 5'9, 180lbs player absolutely kicked his ass. Valabik ended up laying on his back then got up and threw his helmet like a little spoiled kid not getting the candy he wants.......I would not draft this big dumb babboon!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad