PUCK DADDY: Boston Bruins at the end of an empire

indy

Oct 18, 2015
The article could read "Bruins at the beginning of a empire" and work.

Stacked farm, a couple more 1st rounders, looking forward to the future.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The article could read "Bruins at the beginning of a empire" and work.

Stacked farm, a couple more 1st rounders, looking forward to the future.

it could be but won`t as long as Lambert the one penning the article;)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Lambert is the biggest Bruins hater in the media you will ever find. Bruins fans really should not give him the click that keeps his garbage spewing.

I didn't even have to go past the thread title to know it was Lambert. :laugh:

For some reason D.J. Bean thinks he's great, which is one reason I unfollowed Bean on Twitter - I couldn't take the retweets.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Isn't he the same guy that complained about boring two way forward Bergeron winning the NHL cover over fast skating super ****ing PK Diver?

He also not only called Shawn Thornton everything short of the anti-Christ for attacking poor saintly Brooks Orpik, he wrote it again and again and again and again and again and again. And again.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Analytics and spin. Poindexter's gravy.

The fact that he raves about Dougie Hamilton who is a minus player and has become a polarizing player already in Calgary and then promotes the myth that the Bruins want that trade back tells me he has an agenda.

And yes Calgary has taken a step back but so much of that has been horrible goaltending also.

On the other hand I don't think any Bruins fans think this team is close to perfect. This season has been perplexing. One game they dominate, the next they are dominated. But the sky isn't quite falling as fast as the writer wants to promote.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Analytics and spin. Poindexter's gravy.

The fact that he raves about Dougie Hamilton who is a minus player and has become a polarizing player already in Calgary and then promotes the myth that the Bruins want that trade back tells me he has an agenda.

And yes Calgary has taken a step back but so much of that has been horrible goaltending also.

On the other hand I don't think any Bruins fans think this team is close to perfect. This season has been perplexing. One game they dominate, the next they are dominated. But the sky isn't quite falling as fast as the writer wants to promote.

Thank you for reading it so I didn't have to. :laugh:

moonshot summit

Jun 30, 2015
Halifax, NS
It's not surprising that they get a lot of shots against when there's only one reliable puck moving defenceman in the team. I would only be worried if Sweeney can't shore up the defence in the summer. Also, while I like Corsi I don't have the kind of reverence for it that some of these advanced stats advocates seem to have. Bruins lost the Corsi battle against Chicago, but is there anyone who would seriously claim that Bruins weren't the far better team in that game? Goal differential is a more reliable indicator of team's future success within a season.
They won the corsi battle in Chicago fyi

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think the problem is it's written with a sexy headline and agenda.

Decline? Maybe-but was there ever really an empire? What's weird to me is that while our defense is full of holes the team is actually playing better than last year and is positioned better. Forward group is actually pretty decent.

The problem really is that trading Boychuk broke the team and the huge hole has t been filled.

The one thing that worries me at the moment is we lack a solid, potential number 1 Dman and Chara is fading fast. I know we have some Dmen in the pipeline but I'm not sure any of them have #1 potential and if they do Chara isn't going to get better while we wait for his development.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think the problem is it's written with a sexy headline and agenda.

Decline? Maybe-but was there ever really an empire? What's weird to me is that while our defense is full of holes the team is actually playing better than last year and is positioned better. Forward group is actually pretty decent.

The problem really is that trading Boychuk broke the team and the huge hole has t been filled.

The one thing that worries me at the moment is we lack a solid, potential number 1 Dman and Chara is fading fast. I know we have some Dmen in the pipeline but I'm not sure any of them have #1 potential and if they do Chara isn't going to get better while we wait for his development.

You'd think Boychuk was equal to Bobby Orr. Two years later and his huge hole has yet to be filled.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
number one d men don't come along easily...
but... the Bruins will never have another defencemen as good as Eddie Shore.. .until along came Mr. Orr. ... Sir Robert retired.... we got Brad Park.. not a bad replacement.. they would never get anyone close... along came Raymond...he left... along came Z. may take a year of two but if there is one thing this team has done right.. its getting that number one D-man... give it a bit of time.. they are one of the better teams in the east.. and has a ton of youth coming up. Dont know who this Lambert person is...but another idiot making comments because he wants them to come true. no wonder i never bother reading what he writes.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
number one d men don't come along easily...
but... the Bruins will never have another defencemen as good as Eddie Shore.. .until along came Mr. Orr. ... Sir Robert retired.... we got Brad Park.. not a bad replacement.. they would never get anyone close... along came Raymond...he left... along came Z. may take a year of two but if there is one thing this team has done right.. its getting that number one D-man... give it a bit of time.. they are one of the better teams in the east.. and has a ton of youth coming up. Dont know who this Lambert person is...but another idiot making comments because he wants them to come true. no wonder i never bother reading what he writes.

of course Shore and Orr were almost 30 years apart.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Funny, I didn't know we were an "Empire" to begin with....I must have missed that.

Oh, and can anyone point me towards the link for Lambert's similar article on the LA Kings? I know they missed the playoffs last year too but I must have missed that article on the end of their empire as well. ****, I'm missing a lot lately......must be the old age.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I didn't even have to go past the thread title to know it was Lambert. :laugh:

For some reason D.J. Bean thinks he's great, which is one reason I unfollowed Bean on Twitter - I couldn't take the retweets.

The best way to stay sane on Twitter as a Bruins fan is to block Bean.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Ya but some of us saw this from get go...

I still feel Chris Kelly and his 3 million cap hit has caused us the most damage... he should've been dealt/cut /shot to the moon after the cup run

Him and Campbell being kept around for multiple years after breaking their legs was moronic on the part of management. Things like that make a difference as does making a mistake like letting Boychuk walk. The trade conceded a season because Seids and Chara had already slowed down.

We weren't aggressive enough in 2012 adding to a team that was obviously close. 2013 was our best team and we got burned at the deadline badly no Iggy and Jagr/Dogavins/Seggy were the difference in not winning.

2014 was likely like 2010 we should have made the finals and lost a freakin squirted watter bottle turns the series around.

2015 the depth was gone due to loyalty to guys like Kelly and Campbell and we dumped Boychuk and gave up for no good reason.

This year we have a team similar to 08-10.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Accenting the negative, dismissing the positive, ignoring the relevant, with a dose of opinion where needed inevitably will lead you too the conclusion he's drawn. That's the beautiful thing about stats, you can make them say whatever you want.

Look, the Bruins are not world beaters but the sky is not falling. While reinforcements are not imminent they are underway.

Taking cheap shots at a GM that has been at the wheel for as short a time as DS has is ridiculous and has bias written all over it. DS has made his mistakes but has done good things as well. We are only in the preliminary stages of his trail, further evidence will be needed.

And lastly who the **** is crying over Hamilton. Maybe his mama. Sure haven't seen too many around here crying

Last edited by a moderator:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
You'd think Boychuk was equal to Bobby Orr. Two years later and his huge hole has yet to be filled.

I don't think it's that he was Bobby Orr. The problem is that we didn't have anyone to step into his spot and we didn't have the cap space to replace him, and with an aging Chara the time to wait for a kid to develop.

Now Chia was high on Dougie and probably thought Dougie would be here forever and maybe didn't predict his refusal to sign. But in the end Chia moved Boychuk for nothing, and they way the trade went down stung.

So now we are in a situation where management hasn't acquired a top Dman (those are hard to find since most teams hang onto them it's only Chiarelli who hangs on to a player like Seids and trades the younger man) and our aging Dmen will be totally cooked before our young players are ready to play big minutes against top players and it still feels like most of our young Dmen are bottom three types.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad