OT: Public Tryouts for the Leafs

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Ive said it before and I'll say it again. In some hockey markets, its impossible to get your shot when half the team is made up of "whos dad does your dad know" players. Or the shitty goalie because hes the coaches son. Ive seen it happen to others and its happened to me as well. I seriously hope they've bucked that trend in my city (very big hockey market) because its absolute bs.

So per the OP, yes I think there can be players worthy out there

That happens at lower levels where the guy who's business sponsored the team will always have his lousy kid making the cut.

I don't think many potential pro level players would be affected by it, they're so much better than everyone.

I think by far the biggest factor holding back the hockey talent pool is the cost. Other sports are just way way way cheaper to play.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'm not taking anything away from Ayres. It was a cool moment, and I'm sure special for him. The issue is people taking that moment, and distorting it into something it wasn't, and/or using it to push false narratives about the team, and/or inserting it into threads that he isn't relevant to.

What wasn't it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad