Pubg 2, is it ever coming and would you play it?

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Played PUBG since before the release. More than I probably should.

The engine have always been bad, even though the game itself have been getting lots better lately.
Its problem with cheaters and its problem with the game being buggy.
Therefor I have been excited about a new game with a new engine that have been in talks for years now.

What do you think, is it coming?
What improvements would you like to see?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This is the first I'm hearing of it but I'd play if it didn't go overboard with the additions. There are too many weapons and attachments as is. These games do themselves a disservice by emphasizing the loot over the combat I think. Also, change the UI and some of the options for game modes, being forced to play random maps all of the time sucks.

Reactions: GreytWun

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I tried playing pubg when it went free to play. It forced an insanely long tutorial and then made you play several bot matches to even be able to play online. Instant uninstall. Probably play pubg if it actually lets you play.

Edit: I had to double check this because I thought there’s no way my memory was right on this, but yes it’s true. You had to play 10 bot only matches before you were allowed to play online. Instantly uninstalled it when I finished the tutorial and saw that. I’m sure they reversed that bozo decision but I can’t be bothered to check.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I tried playing pubg when it went free to play. It forced an insanely long tutorial and then made you play several bot matches to even be able to play online. Instant uninstall. Probably play pubg if it actually lets you play.

Edit: I had to double check this because I thought there’s no way my memory was right on this, but yes it’s true. You had to play 10 bot only matches before you were allowed to play online. Instantly uninstalled it when I finished the tutorial and saw that. I’m sure they reversed that bozo decision but I can’t be bothered to check.

I did the same thing for a long time but eventually played a couple months ago. It wasn't 10 bot matches, I think it's 10 kills in a match+a win. It was a gigantic waste of time but only took 20-ish minutes or so. As long as you don't use a vehicle and kill yourself it's really easy.

I'm not sure why they don't offer a way to skip it, especially since I had put in hundreds of hours before they made that change so it's not like I'm even a new player.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’ve heard they’re in the early stages of making an extraction shooter like Tarkov. I’ve never really understood the point of those games with the server wipes and stuff so I doubt I’d play it. Seems pointless to get all this awesome gear if you’re just going to have it wiped away in a month or two. Maybe they’ll come up with a new spin on the genre and I’ll be interested. I have more hours logged in pubg than any other game and I haven’t played it in over a year. Shen it was in early access and the beginning stages of full release, my friends and I played for hours almost every night. Don’t know that it could recapture that glory but I’d give it a chance.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I did the same thing for a long time but eventually played a couple months ago. It wasn't 10 bot matches, I think it's 10 kills in a match+a win. It was a gigantic waste of time but only took 20-ish minutes or so. As long as you don't use a vehicle and kill yourself it's really easy.

I'm not sure why they don't offer a way to skip it, especially since I had put in hundreds of hours before they made that change so it's not like I'm even a new player.
The thing with this was, the game actually tells you that you have to play 10 bot matches. You can actually look at the Reddit threads when it went free to play. It was a common belief. Apparently it did let you not play all 10 bot matches if you completed certain things, but the game itself tells you 10 matches are required, which caused a lot of people to quit.
I’ve heard they’re in the early stages of making an extraction shooter like Tarkov. I’ve never really understood the point of those games with the server wipes and stuff so I doubt I’d play it. Seems pointless to get all this awesome gear if you’re just going to have it wiped away in a month or two. Maybe they’ll come up with a new spin on the genre and I’ll be interested. I have more hours logged in pubg than any other game and I haven’t played it in over a year. Shen it was in early access and the beginning stages of full release, my friends and I played for hours almost every night. Don’t know that it could recapture that glory but I’d give it a chance.
That would be pretty interesting. I think competing with Fortnite at this point is like competing with minecraft, don’t waste your energy. Find a new lane.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Playing since early access in 2017. Still play multiple times a week with friends. Still lots of fun.

As for the bot matches, I appreciate that. Yeah it sucks for new players but too many cheaters without that hurdle.

That being said, we would likely but this game day 1 at full price if we needed to.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I would try it. I played a lot from 2018 to 2020 and found it great until the player base went down significantly.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Something I totally forgot thats worth noting: PUBG mobile is massively popular and has been the top grossing mobile game for years now. "PUBG marriages" are a thing in a lot of asia and the middle east.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad