Confirmed with Link: PTO: Tim Erixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
he plays in a building that chronically undercounts shots that robs him of a save or two per game.

MSG is the reverse.

I was at the Brodeur / Lundqvist game where they each had FIFTY+ saves. The shot count (for either of them) was NOT that high. Marty took a backhand slap at Lundqvist after the game saying something like, "Fifty? I think it was more like forty", then saying something to the effect that they always overcount shots at MSG! It was classic Marty. :handclap:

And it's true too BTW, you'll get a SOG at MSG and then a scrum in front of net where players take stabs at the puck, and I swear they count the stabs as "shots" rather than the actual pucks that connect with the pads.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I actually attended that game too and while they did overcount the shots that night, in general MSG is not known as a building that overcounts shots.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
MSG is not known as a building that overcounts shots.

I dont know where to go to find data on such a thing (I imagine it could be tracked with some measure of analysis if you plotted shots on a per building basis and then tried to control for the building's home team by seeing the variance in their SOG allowed in their away contests ), but my perception is Lundqvist gets a boost from MSG counting. I thought that was a generally accepted thing. :dunno:

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Merrill was playing top 4 minutes his first year, the same age Mueller was last season. He averaged over 19 minutes and was regularly playing over 20 minutes...he had a 24:25 minute game as s rookie.

Look at his game log from his first year.
https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/merrijo01/gamelog/2014

Merrill nearly played as much in one game this season as Mueller played all season.

i think nobody knows what they are talking about ...because none of us have really seen him play.. I'm putting my faith in the devils that they at least think this guy is a 5/6 right away. with more potential down the road.. why else on earth do they give up a 2nd round pick?

we will find out in the next month if he is any good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad