GDT: Pt.2 - Pens/Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Jesus that chance at the end of the game was NUTS! Pens first team to be shutout this season. Took all of 1 minute 39 seconds to finish this game, pathetic really.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That high sticking on Geno was such horse ****.

A follow-through on a backhand is still a follow-through, genius.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I'm happy they got shutout, tbh. You do something really stupid and you deserve to feel the consequences. Kunitz is awful, Scuderi is awful. These are easy fixes.

You may very well have a point here. They picked up right where they left off last season, with a defense that is worse. I said then that I was done with MJ when it had been months with complete offensive ineptitude. If he can't get this forward corps to click, or show SOME sign of life, better they get humiliated and force ownership to act

To be clear, I'm not saying can him
Now. I'm saying this is more of the same **** we saw plenty of last year, and that if we're still looking at the same garbage 15 games into the season then better to make a move rather than lose another year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The silver lining is that he won't survive it. He'll reach game 60 and keel over due to exhaustion and bunions.

It won't matter if Kunitz is bedridden and knocking on death's door, he'll get his 20 minutes a game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, it's pretty much laid out already:

-older guys being a problem: Scuds and Kunitz
-very junior'y systems.
-incorrect player usage

If the offense isn't there vs good and bad teams come the 20-30 game mark, i don't really see the point in carrying on with MJ. Offense is supposed to be his fortay. If it ain't there, axe him.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
It won't matter if Kunitz is bedridden and knocking on death's door, he'll get his 20 minutes a game.

haha.....he'll be skating around with an IV drip attached to his stick.

Don't worry he'll be out there, and with Sid.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So if they up him to Letang levels it can end earlier?? :sarcasm:

Give him Fleury time and he'll make it to around game 15.

Mrs. Kunitz would eventually intervene because she's tougher than Mrs. Dupuis and won't put up with that. idek if I mean wife or mother.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
haha.....he'll be skating around with an IV drip attached to his stick.

Don't worry he'll be out there, and with Sid.

I honestly can't stand seeing his or Scuderi's face any more.

For their own garbage performances, for their constant reminder of the sackless nepotism that holds this team back, and for their figure-four leglocks on roster spots they have no business sniffing.

Mrs. Kunitz would eventually intervene because she's tougher than Mrs. Dupuis and won't put up with that. idek if I mean wife or mother.

She was oddly quiet when Kunitz was in the battle of his life against not having quite enough iron last year.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

For their own garbage performances, for their constant reminder of the sackless nepotism that holds this team back, and for their figure-four leglocks on roster spots they have no business sniffing.

Scuderi really needs sat. And Kunitz needs demoted at least. I know this is obvious, but I just don't know what else to say. As long as Kunitz is playing more than Horny and Scuds is playing more than Maatta, I really don't have much else to talk about. Those are just so egregious.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Scuderi really needs sat. And Kunitz needs demoted at least. I know this is obvious, but I just don't know what else to say. As long as Kunitz is playing more than Horny and Scuds is playing more than Maatta, I really don't have much else to talk about. Those are just so egregious.

Kunitz stays on the #1 wing, Sprong gets benched.

MJ must have been kicked in the head by a horse in his formative years.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

She was oddly quiet when Kunitz was in the battle of his life against not having quite enough iron last year.

I literally have no idea what it would take for either to be removed from their current prominent roles.

*throws hands up in the air*

Guessing Scuderi to turn around and shank Flower during the game?!?!? Kuntiz to start stripping on the ice, ala Slapshot scene?!?!?

I give up. Because it is not going to be actual hockey play performance.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kunitz stays on the #1 wing, Sprong gets benched.

MJ must have been kicked in the head by a horse in his formative years.

Oh that's what will happen. If Kunitz is in the top 6 and Scuds is playing at all 15 or so games in, MJ should be fired. Sadly, I don't think management disagrees with MJ.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
For Scuds, you simply put him in the press box.
Perhaps a team hits injuries and you can offer him up with retained as hell salary.

For a team that wants it's D to join the rush and get pucks up to it's forwards quickly and effeciently, Clendening is way more suited for the roster/style of play.

Mix in the other guy too on back to backs or when a D-Man needs a rest. You have 8 D. Theres no reason to be playing Scuds at all.

Kunitz will probably be played to death on Sid's wing til Sid goes 3-4-5 games pointless, then everyone needed will be in agreement that things need changed there(ie. it's Sid that needs to be convinced).

And for God's sake, keep Perron on LW.
I don't even care if you play him on the 3rd line.
Bennett-Bonino-Perron is dumbbbbbB.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I literally have no idea what it would take for either to be removed from their current prominent roles.

*throws hands up in the air*

Guessing Scuderi to turn around and shank Flower during the game?!?!? Kuntiz to start stripping on the ice, ala Slapshot scene?!?!?

I give up. Because it is not going to be actual hockey play performance.

And yet no professional observers ask the coach "why?".

Oh that's what will happen. If Kunitz is in the top 6 and Scuds is playing at all 15 or so games in, MJ should be fired. Sadly, I don't think management disagrees with MJ.

Me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad