Prucha or Steen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Prucha has 20 points in 30 games 16 of them goals.
Steen has 10 goals and 10 assists in 32 games
Who as of right now is better and who would you prefer on your team
Prucha has 16 points in his last 15 games 12 of them goals
Steen has 7 in last 15 games.

Steen plays PP, PK
Prucha plays an aggressive and finesse game on the powerplay and even strength.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Tough call. Prucha is clearly the better sniper, but Steen is clearly the better all-around player. It really depends what you need.

However, Steen has succeeded in every situation he's been put in so far, and I think he'll be captain material down the road, so I'll go with him.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Didn't Steen play on the top line for awhile on the leafs? Im sure that helped his stats out.

Both are very good players though.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
FLYLine88 said:
Didn't Steen play on the top line for awhile on the leafs? Im sure that helped his stats out.

He did yes, he worked his way onto the top line with Mats Sundin through hard work.

It's helped his stats somewhat, though he was producing on a similar pace before moving onto the top line, some worried on the Leaf board that he was being rushed with top line duties, 1st PK pairing and occasional PP time.

Since he's been out the past few games nursing an injury Tucker and Czerkawski have played well with Mats, so I think Steen might be paired up with Stajan or Wellwood again when he returns.

Theoren Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:

Well a fair argument could also be made for Prucha having Jagr on the PP, in which he's set up Petr for some pretty nice ones...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Haven't seen Steen enough to comment. All I can say about Prucha is he's awesome. And he doesn't just play a finesse game. He throws his body around very recklessly and it doesn't matter how big the opposing player is or whether he's giving or taking the hit. His defense has gotten better also and he will go down to block shots. He's a little kamikaze with a lot of skill.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
FLYLine88 said:
sure it helps out stats... i dont see any reason to compare young kids ..all i know theirs only a few rookies id take over steen.the kid is the next john tonelli ..the leafs havnt had anything close to that in recent years.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Jon Prescription said:
Whoever said Prucha doesn't play a great all around game must not have seen him play.

Kid backchecks like there is no tomorrow.

his defensive zone awareness isn't great though...but he's always trying hard, and he's respectable enough in his own zone

haven't seen enough of steen to be able to say who i'd rather have, i'm just happy with prucha.

Skroob*

what impresses me about prucha is the ability to score in so many ways. creative sniper shots, one timers, break aways, penalty shots, diving whacks at a loose pucks, or banging home a rebound. There is no situation he cant produce in.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Kaizer said:
Imo, It's not better question because Marek owns Prucha in every aspect of the game ;)

That got me for a second. I was like..I know Kaiser is Russian...Is Svatos Russian? No he's not Russian.. Wait a second.. Then I saw the Avs fan part ;)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Legionnaire said:
You know that works both ways, right? Put Ovechkin on the PP, and against weaker matchups, and see how he does.

wait, what?

what is the point you're trying to make? ovechkin doesn't play on the PP? that if he played against weak matchups, but with less icetime, that his goals per minutes ratio would be better than prucha's?

either way, it doesn't make sense

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
he's assuming

Levitate said:
wait, what?

what is the point you're trying to make? ovechkin doesn't play on the PP? that if he played against weak matchups, but with less icetime, that his goals per minutes ratio would be better than prucha's?

either way, it doesn't make sense

that Prucha only plays the PP against weaker teams which couldn't be further from the truth.

But if he doesn't see him play alot that could be his reason for not knowing what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->