Provorov

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
There is a spirited discussion about Provy on the main board, and we don't have our own. Because really, what's there to discuss? We all go to church on Sundays and thank God for drafting him. But seriously speaking, when was the last time a Flyer generated this much interest

Funny to look at his prospect thread, but this stood out to me. Makes tons of sense.

FAVORITES
  • NHL team: Detroit Red Wings
  • NHL player: Nicklas Lidstrom
  • Shootout move: "Low blocker"
  • Movie: Gladiator
  • TV show: Road to the NHL Winter Classic
  • Actor: Adam Sandler
  • Musician: Drake
  • Sport (other than hockey): Basketball
  • Athlete (non-hockey): LeBron James

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
qgPUjBN.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For those that don't venture to the main boards, there is a guy on there saying how Provy had a bad game vs StLouis. He didn't watch the game, just came to that conclusion using stats.

And had a bad game tonight as well.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
For those that don't venture to the main boards, there is a guy on there saying how Provy had a bad game vs StLouis. He didn't watch the game, just came to that conclusion using stats.

Bring that dude over here... Provo don't do no bad games.

Seriously... is he insane? All our D-men can have those sort of bad games every game. SMH

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Provy just simply looked exhausted last night.

3rd game in 4 nights with an immense workload in the first 2.

Also, Hagg is an even bigger anchor than MacDonald. Hes simply not good enough to play top pair minutes.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I honestly can't remember the last time I went on there. I'm sure it was to check out a Friedman rumor, but it was a long time ago. Just not at all worth it.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Also, Hagg is an even bigger anchor than MacDonald. Hes simply not good enough to play top pair minutes.
Good thing Hakstol used Sanheim so wisely to ease Provy's workload. Seriously though they have few days of so it's not a big deal, but I'm not sure if it's viable long term strategy though.

Reactions: Rebels57

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Sanheim is lucky Amac's out. Otherwise he would go straight to pressbox once Gudas returns.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

The entire Team was off against the Avs... good point on their coming off a heavy workload... and Provo had the heaviest... Provo wil not always stand out at his very best, and I imagine have his off days... but it seems that every since that early dreadful Game last Season, he has never stood out as one of the stinkers on the Ice.

I really wish the Schedule Makers would at least attempt to give a more even Schedule and allow the Players to not be either taxed too much, or off too long... but in stead what does the NHL do?... establish the Bye Weeks which have the opposite effect. SMH

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

You're falling for a main board troll man. He literally didn't watch the game and is still arguing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
Can anyone give me an objective evaluation of Provorov today (not today's game but as a player currently), and maybe where he ranks in the NHL for dmen?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Can anyone give me an objective evaluation of Provorov today (not today's game but as a player currently), and maybe where he ranks in the NHL for dmen?

Earlier in tonight's game, Tim Saunders asked Steve Coates about Provorov's standing as "the best on the team." Coates said "Best d-man yes but no, not (on the level) of Giroux or Voracek."

Saunders said "Maybe so but he isn't that far off."

Coates agreed.

The topic was raised again later and Saunders, in his own way, elevated Provorov to the team's top player without necessarily utilizing those words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->