Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Keep him he is better then Acciari. We need all kinds of depth for the cup run and vs the Leafs I would rather have his speed on the 4th line. Wingels has replaced Acciari in my view. Providence has just added a lot of players, who cares about the AHL cup its all about the Stanley Cup and adding a variety of depth now

I think they’d rather just trade him in the offseason

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I think they’d rather just trade him in the offseason
A few guys will be gone maybe him and Acciari, for sure McQuaid who gets paid 3 million(cap hit 2.75) to be the 7th deeman when Grizz has passed him. Gotta make room for Zboril or Lauzon.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Has zboril been playing as a RD this season? According to the line rushes he is today. The ability to play both sides is valuable

Reactions: Estlin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No he’s not, he’s an RFA. And even if he was a Ufa, those rights are also tradeable

He's a UFA. He didn't meet the game requirements to be an RFA. His UFA rights may be tradeable, but I doubt anyone is dealing for them. At this point, he is a tweener (as good as he has been at the AHL level). No one is giving up anything for a player they can potentially get for nothing anyway.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He's a UFA. He didn't meet the game requirements to be an RFA. His UFA rights may be tradeable, but I doubt anyone is dealing for them. At this point, he is a tweener (as good as he has been at the AHL level). No one is giving up anything for a player they can potentially get for nothing anyway.

Am I not understanding cap friendly correctly? It says there his expiry status is RFA and that he’s arbitration eligible.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Am I not understanding cap friendly correctly? It says there his expiry status is RFA and that he’s arbitration eligible.

Top Right Chart. He has 59 NHL games. He needed to play 21 more games to be eligible for RFA status again. Sine he didn't, he becomes a Group VI Unrestricted Free Agent.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Top Right Chart. He has 59 NHL games. He needed to play 21 more games to be eligible for RFA status again. Sine he didn't, he becomes a Group VI Unrestricted Free Agent.

Interesting, might as well call him up then, I doubt they resign him either way so he’s gone

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Best dman in the system if I was ranking them. Maybe the best prospect in the system. Always been on his bandwagon. Big physical mobile dman with a good first pass and a bullet shot

My favorite part of the game with him was that he was plastered by a Bridgeport guy,, he took the number and next time that guy touched the puck he almost put him in the Providence bench in a clean very heavy hit.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland

On Zboril's 2nd career AHL goal.

Hughes, Zboril, Senyshen and Frederick alll had positive points in the game.

Hughes looked very comfortable and was involved in a lot of good offensive plays.
Zboril looked very solid in several areas on the offense and defense, I like him more every time i ssee him
Senyshen was actually a very good penalty killer and made several astute moves to get teammates more involved instead of trying to go it alone. I think he is learning the pro game and hopefully will keep growing in the offseason like DeBrusk did.
Frederick looked very good for a first game. I think in the first period he was a little unsure of the defensive setup and seemed a little tentative, but by the third he fit right in. Also of note, he started out only taking offenives faceoffs but was doing defensive by the third as well,, and winning most of them or at least getting them to a stalemate. He would literally look over the setup then skate over to the guy he was going to get the puck and tell them it was coming to them. It wass impressive.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hughes, Zboril, Senyshen and Frederick alll had positive points in the game.

Hughes looked very comfortable and was involved in a lot of good offensive plays.
Zboril looked very solid in several areas on the offense and defense, I like him more every time i ssee him
Senyshen was actually a very good penalty killer and made several astute moves to get teammates more involved instead of trying to go it alone. I think he is learning the pro game and hopefully will keep growing in the offseason like DeBrusk did.
Frederick looked very good for a first game. I think in the first period he was a little unsure of the defensive setup and seemed a little tentative, but by the third he fit right in. Also of note, he started out only taking offenives faceoffs but was doing defensive by the third as well,, and winning most of them or at least getting them to a stalemate. He would literally look over the setup then skate over to the guy he was going to get the puck and tell them it was coming to them. It wass impressive.

Fredric ended up +1 with an assist, 5 shots, and 2 PIM’s in the game.

From Diver, Leach’s comments on #7:

Reactions: PB37 and Thrive

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Best dman in the system if I was ranking them. Maybe the best prospect in the system. Always been on his bandwagon. Big physical mobile dman with a good first pass and a bullet shot

I honestly don’t know how you felt about Zboril, but I know I felt like I was on an island defending the pick his last year in junior when Chabot was getting all the ink.

My personal feeling is that in the long run, Zboril will be the better all-around Dman. He won’t put up the numbers that Chabot will, but he will play in every situation.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I honestly don’t know how you felt about Zboril, but I know I felt like I was on an island defending the pick his last year in junior when Chabot was getting all the ink.

My personal feeling is that in the long run, Zboril will be the better all-around Dman. He won’t put up the numbers that Chabot will, but he will play in every situation.

I’ve been huge on zboril, everyone kept talking about how he was immature and I could care less about that when he was 18-19. Hate comparing him to Chabot because I saw him in the world juniors be a stud, and they are completely different types of players.

When Chabot got the ink as you said for his dominating wjc, I tried to tie in zborils great world junior that was overlooked playing on a horrible Czech team. It was either vs Canada or the USA when he was literally the only player on Czech that stood out as an equal to the opposition and even when trailing huge he kept making impact plays in a game that didn’t matter. Whether it was a hit, a pass, or just his confidence with the puck. Being down like 5-1 or whatever that game was that’s all I needed to see. The heart to not stop competing

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Is it safe to say that Zboril is the nastiest (in terms of play style) defenseman the Bruins have in the system?

Reactions: Thrive

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’ve been huge on zboril, everyone kept talking about how he was immature and I could care less about that when he was 18-19. Hate comparing him to Chabot because I saw him in the world juniors be a stud, and they are completely different types of players.

When Chabot got the ink as you said for his dominating wjc, I tried to tie in zborils great world junior that was overlooked playing on a horrible Czech team. It was either vs Canada or the USA when he was literally the only player on Czech that stood out as an equal to the opposition and even when trailing huge he kept making impact plays in a game that didn’t matter. Whether it was a hit, a pass, or just his confidence with the puck. Being down like 5-1 or whatever that game was that’s all I needed to see. The heart to not stop competing

I got to see a few Sea Dog games as well as the WJC’s and came away feeling like both the SJ and TC coaches catered to Chabot. I saw him play very little D in those games.

I have seen Zboril a couple of times at Dev Camp and I’m not sure I have seen a smoother skater (ever). In addition, he’s got a mean streak that Chabot lacks.

I think he’s going to be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->