Prospects with Captain Potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
It might be difficult to take the position from Joe Thornton (although some people don't think he's the best captain) but Mark Stuart definitely has the potential to be one. He has been the captain at Colorado College (even though he is only a junior) and he captained Team USA to a gold medal at the WJC last year.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Yared Hagos would be a future captain of the Stars if he didnt have Brendan Morrow in front of him.

Vic Rattlehead*

Obviously Stuart comes to mind. Suter and Richards as well.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Kyle Chipchura has definitly shown his great leaderchip during the Habs prospect camp.

And Richards! He was incredible during WJHC

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
trahans99 said:
is he a young trevor linden in the making?

Erm I'm not sure if that's a serious question or some kind of veiled insult, but I think really the only place you can compare him 'maybe' to Linden is in the character department. On a fundamental skill level they don't compare at all.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
westcoast said:
Erm I'm not sure if that's a serious question or some kind of veiled insult, but I think really the only place you can compare him 'maybe' to Linden is in the character department. On a fundamental skill level they don't compare at all.

So you're saying that Kesler has less skills than Linden and that Linden sucks...therefore Kesler sucks.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Chipchura came to mind when I saw the thread name but I see he has already been added... how about Ovechkin. People never seem to see Europeans as future captains but look around (Koivu, Sundin, Naslund). When Ovechkin matures he could be a great captain, he loves the game and really really cares about winning.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
mazmin said:
Chipchura came to mind when I saw the thread name but I see he has already been added... how about Ovechkin. People never seem to see Europeans as future captains but look around (Koivu, Sundin, Naslund). When Ovechkin matures he could be a great captain, he loves the game and really really cares about winning.

I mentioned Ovehckin. I also loved watching Stoll w/ Canada Jrs a few years back, he could be one for sure. How about Camilleri or Aulin? I think those 3 played great for Canada a few years ago.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Hmmm, let's see..

Fedor Fedorov! he'd be perfect...
but seriously I'd have to go with Kesler, but at the same time really hoping he can take this AHL scoring this year to the NHL whenever it returns.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Chaos said:
Yared Hagos would be a future captain of the Stars if he didnt have Brendan Morrow in front of him.

Steve Ott is probably our future Captain.. Yes, above Morrow me thinks.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Chipchura isn't even the captain on his junior team. That honour goes to future NHL captain Jeremy Colliton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->